My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WASHINGTON — The leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee delivered a stark warning on Wednesday to political candidates: Expect Russian operatives to remain active and determined to again try to sow chaos in elections next month and next year.

At a rare news conference, Senators Richard M. Burr, Republican of North Carolina and the committee’s chairman, and Mark Warner, Democrat of Virginia and its vice chairman, broadly endorsed the conclusions of American spy agencies that said President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia directed a campaign of hacking and propaganda to disrupt the 2016 presidential election.

“The Russian intelligence service is determined — clever — and I recommend that every campaign and every election official take this very seriously,” Mr. Burr said.

“You can’t walk away from this and believe that Russia’s not currently active,” he added.

American intelligence agencies have concluded that Mr. Putin initially wanted to hurt Hillary Clinton’s candidacy, but later tried to explicitly help Donald J. Trump’s insurgent campaign. The senators said they have reached no conclusion on whether anyone around Mr. Trump was part of that effort.

“The issue of collusion is still open,” Mr. Burr said.

The news conference was the most extensive since the committee began its investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election early this year and the first time the senators have detailed so fully the trajectory of their secretive investigation and their sense of the stakes. Both men come from swing states where the presidential campaign was fought aggressively.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/04/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and yet Repugs REFUSE to spend for current secure machines and aggressive IT security. Repug counting fraud is facilitated
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-04-2017 at 06:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you think I should pee infront of your 13 year old daughter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    congress rating 9 percent do you think we care what they think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    congress rating 9 percent do you think we care what they think?
    so you think I should pee infront of your 13 year old daughter?

Thread Information