Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are only rostering 3 traditional bigs, they did not purposely do this to start 2 of them. That makes zero sense.

I anticipate this rotation:

LA
    Gay (will start season slow in minutes played: 18-24 mpg-- probably subbed out early in stints with 1st unit around the 6 minute mark of 1st/3rd qters then closing the half)
    Kawhi
    Green
    Murray or Forbes/Mills

Gasol
    Bertans
    Anderson
    Manu
    Mills/Murray or Forbes

Brandon Paul
    Joffrey

White in Austin a lot with Hillard and Costello.

TP IR

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are only rostering 3 traditional bigs, they did not purposely do this to start 2 of them. That makes zero sense.

I anticipate this rotation:

LA
    Gay (will start season slow in minutes played: 18-24 mpg-- probably subbed out early in stints with 1st unit around the 6 minute mark of 1st/3rd qters then closing the half)
    Kawhi
    Green
    Murray or Forbes/Mills

Gasol
    Bertans
    Anderson
    Manu
    Mills/Murray or Forbes

Brandon Paul
    Joffrey

White in Austin a lot with Hillard and Costello.

TP IR
    Either way, the following will likely hold true . . .

1) Gasol and Gay will be swapped around mid 1st and 3rd quarters.

2) Aldridge and Gasol (too good and highly paid to average mid-high teens) are going to average about what they did last season, which means continuing to play together some, whether starting or not.

3) If Gasol does start, he'll still probably be the backup center. He can play the first 6 minutes, sub out for 3-4 minutes, sub back in for Aldridge for 6-8 minutes, then sub back out and they can generally close small.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please stop saying basketball is positionless. Things have changed significantly, but it's not like you can play 5PGs at the same time. Still need point guards, wingmen and bigs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either way, the following will likely hold true . . .

1) Gasol and Gay will be swapped around mid 1st and 3rd quarters.

2) Aldridge and Gasol (too good and highly paid to average mid-high teens) are going to average about what they did last season, which means continuing to play together some, whether starting or not.

3) If Gasol does start, he'll still probably be the backup center. He can play the first 6 minutes, sub out for 3-4 minutes, sub back in for Aldridge for 6-8 minutes, then sub back out and they can generally close small.
    1) Maybe, I don't see that happening most of the time. I think Gasols' minutes will be reduced this upcoming season.

2) They'll play together some still, but it won't be close to what it was last season.

3) Under your predicament, Gasol will see 24-28 mpg. I think that's being very optimistic. I think it will be closer to 20-24 mpg. Spurs will play smaller a lot more than they did last season. That's why they only rostered 3 traditional bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3) Under your predicament, Gasol will see 24-28 mpg. I think that's being very optimistic. I think it will be closer to 20-24 mpg. Spurs will play smaller a lot more than they did last season. That's why they only rostered 3 traditional bigs.
    Which makes his contract even more tragic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Maybe, I don't see that happening most of the time. I think Gasols' minutes will be reduced this upcoming season.

2) They'll play together some still, but it won't be close to what it was last season.

1) So ostensibly, you think Anderson or Bertans will be ahead of Gasol in the rotation?

2) In the scenario I outlined, it would only be the first 6 minutes of each half. If Gasol is having a turn back the clock game and the matchups allow for it, he could occasionally close though.

3) A combination of ability, salary and to a lesser extent ego lead me to believe Gasol will be around the 25.4 mpg he averaged last season. Like YGWHI said, his contract would be even more tragic if he's closer to 20 mpg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can come back at full strength having him and Kawhi on the floor together with LMA will be a pretty formidable front line.

I'm praying for a full roster with no injuries next post season. I'd love one year going full strength vs GSW in a seven game series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, i wanna see this dude play already...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Rudy's overall fit but he needs to pump the brakes a bit. I doubt he is going to have the impact he thinks he will. Hoping for the best but my gut is telling me he will struggle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can come back at full strength having him and Kawhi on the floor together with LMA will be a pretty formidable front line.

I'm praying for a full roster with no injuries next post season. I'd love one year going full strength vs GSW in a seven game series.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you forget just how good this guy is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I hope so. If Kawhi doesn't get help from him, the Spurs may be unwatchable when Kawhi goes to the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy and DeJounte should go on a hype tour. Or , just do it on Instagram and Twitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinooks' humor is very underrated

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't pat yourself in the back too hard, Chinook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^The Irony

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinooks' humor is very underrated
    No its not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay is only a Spur for life until another team offers him a hefty contract if his Spurs stint erases doubts as to whether he can still play at the level he was prior to his achilles injury.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone posted this interview here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwbRXsCOqog
    I just came across it on Youtube. I think it's from just over a week ago. I don't recall seeing it posted (unless I missed it).
    Last edited by Ice009; 09-27-2017 at 11:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay is only a Spur for life until another team offers him a hefty contract if his Spurs stint erases doubts as to whether he can still play at the level he was prior to his achilles injury.
    If money were his sole motivator, he'd be in sacto this season. He opted out of, I think, $18M to come here. He could have collected that while rehabbing and showing he's healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would parents name their kid that? i hope he has an insane season who surprises on d and smashes it offensively and with team success for the first time in his career. With the roster we have and with the new super teams being formed we need him to bust out big time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post-injury Gay still looked much quicker than that other dude with the huge forehead.

Thread Information