Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "If I’m a 6th man, I’m going to be the best 6th man in the league. If I’m a starter, I’m going to try and be one of the best SF's in the league. Why wouldn’t I have something to prove? It’s the Spurs & it’s a championship mentality. I’m a Spur & I’m a Spur for life.”

Read more: http://www.expressnews.com/sports/ar...witter-premium

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's already over himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got a good idea of what he's roles going to be.

Yesterday i get the vibe he expected to play off the bench and play tons of 4.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buttering up PATFO into making him their next overpaid TOSB. I see you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a quote

Now if a girl says it's for life after the first date, you'd think she's crazy, but then again sometime crazy is good. Crazy beats boring at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give him half a season, tops, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better learn to get fouled on jumpers and 3s. AKA pro basketball's number 1 strategy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a quote

Now if a girl says it's for life after the first date, you'd think she's crazy, but then again sometime crazy is good. Crazy beats boring at least.
    I thought well at least he has the mentality to give it his all. Dude sure knows how to rally. Definitely likeable. As you said, it might be too early to say that so it's kind of weird
    Edit: I actually read the comment from RC saying he was their priority. It's good for the team they were able to get who they wanted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what always held this guy back? The talent and production is there and he's always had the right at ude. Yet at the same time teams have seemed to play better at times without him. Although he was also known for being a clutch shooter in Memphis. I'd like to hear other teams fans takes on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until he votes for Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what always held this guy back? The talent and production is there and he's always had the right at ude. Yet at the same time teams have seemed to play better at times without him. Although he was also known for being a clutch shooter in Memphis. I'd like to hear other teams fans takes on him.
    The general consensus on reddit is that he has just been a good player stuck on bad teams. He was with Toronto before they got decent, Memphis when they were a middling team, and stuck in SAC for the past three years, a place Gay himself called "basketball ".

Aside from that, he's historically a high-volume, low-efficiency scorer, but also one of the most clutch players in the game when it comes down to it. He's just always been expected to be a #1 option and that may not be the right role for him.

If he can stay healthy, I am confident he can shine in Pop's system. Kawhi and LMA will take some attention off of him which should open up his game even more, and he can help carry some of the scoring load...something that was sorely missing at times last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude has always had talent. Most critiques of his game are usually that he is a black hole iso chucker who prefers step back long twos (sound familiar) but it seems like he realizes how he is perceived around the league and is ready to just buy in to the system and win. If the Achilles injury didn't completely him up he is going to be a huge piece next season just wait ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude has always had talent. Most critiques of his game are usually that he is a black hole iso chucker who prefers step back long twos (sound familiar) but it seems like he realizes how he is perceived around the league and is ready to just buy in to the system and win. If the Achilles injury didn't completely him up he is going to be a huge piece next season just wait ...
    Meanwhile, Aldridge is still grumpy about touches. Hopefully he can rub off on Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also didn't help Gay's image to be a 2nd option at best playing as the 1st option on bad teams, or being on teams where his skillset was redundant like the Raptors with DeRozan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, never change hipster contrarians.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4D chess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we give this guys a lifetime achievement contract-extension, tbh?

Sure...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What jumped out to me was he said if he wa a starter then he wanted to be the best SF he could be. With Kawhi being our starting SF I wonder did mean that we'd actually be playing two SF's if he starts. Technically if he plays with Kawhi he'd need to be a small ball 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, Aldridge is still grumpy about touches. Hopefully he can rub off on Aldridge.
    If a player wants success, he has to pay a high price for playing in San Antonio.

KD last season and IT Irving Jimmy Butler Paul George this season, will maintain their ppg after joining a team with other top players. Mostly because GSW, Cavs, OKC pace will allow them to do it

But with the Spurs is a whole different history. When was the last time we have two players averaging +20 ppg in the same season?

Who knows but it seemed like LMA was fine with that, he seemed comfortable for having bought into the system, but when he saw other stars kept their numbers after joining talented teams, he felt cheated by Pop's system.

Players have to renounce too many thing if they want to play in SA, endorsements, stats, media attention, All-Star spots...Spurs' way is not for everyone.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 09-14-2017 at 09:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a player wants success, he has to pay a high price for playing in San Antonio.

KD last season and IT Irving Jimmy Butler Paul George this season, will maintain their ppg after joining a team with other top players. Mostly because GSW, Cavs, OKC pace will allow them to do it

But with the Spurs is a whole different history. When was the last time we have two players averaging +20 ppg in the same season?

Who knows but it seemed like LMA was fine with that, he seemed comfortable for having bought into the system, but when he saw other stars kept their numbers after joining talented teams, he felt cheated by Pop's system.

Players have to renounce too many thing if they want to play in SA, endorsements, stats, media attention, All-Star spots...Spurs' way is not for everyone.
    Yup. Pop

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First good team he's ever played on so....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt he'll play 40 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not true. LMA wanted to play further from the basket, Pop wanted to make him a center. LMA isn't a "take charge of the game" guy. He's always had a PG or SG who can do that and he's been good enough with his short range jumper to cause problems (but not many). He had higher stats, sure, but if you think he didn't know his stats would decline in SA, you're fooling yourself.

All that said, he still made it further than he's ever made it in the NBA last season. Who should be ashamed is Houston. Funny how CP3 bolted to that hole right after they had one of the most embarrassing home losses of all time (no one seems to mention it though). It's right up Paul's alley to fold when you should win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had higher stats, sure, but if you think he didn't know his stats would decline in SA, you're fooling yourself.
    I said that at some point he accepted the new role but also said things changed after he saw how other stars had success and even kept their numbers on more talented rosters.

I guess in his mind he thought those players didnt have to sacrifice that much to win.

I'm not talking about him as a player because I have always been critical of his game and playoffs performances, I'm just trying to know how he was dealing with this situation, trying to figure out what happened to him in two years in SA.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 09-14-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Thread Information