Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Still a better scorer than Penald0?
    Time will tell.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Hey sons what the is a Catalonia? Are they those Spanish farmers that don't speak Spanish? What's going on? I heard Bartha could be moving to the Premier League

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Hey sons what the is a Catalonia? Are they those Spanish farmers that don't speak Spanish? What's going on? I heard Bartha could be moving to the Premier League
    Fact : Catalan politicians are corrupt and under investigation and want a blank slate in a new country.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    "The Catalan people had possession, more than 70% of the vote. The vote should be allowed to go through, due to the high possession. "

- Xavi Hernandez

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Fact : Catalan politicians are corrupt and under investigation and want a blank slate in a new country.
    Damn so it's like Fat Texas wanting independence because of Ted Cruz? I get it

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Why do you guys care so much about what Catalans want to do, tbh? In which way does it affect you?

In fact I don't know why the Spaniard people (people not politicians) get so butthurt about Catalans wanting the independence. If I was Spaniard I would be like: "So you don't feel Spaniard? Fine, go have your ty own country. The I care?"

At least, out of self respect they should have that at ude. If they don't feel Spanish why force them to be one of you?

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Spain would be destroyed without Barcelona which economically does well enough to support the poorer/ ty regions of the country.

I'd love to see Barca in the EPL, Messi would have a field day. If they end up in Ligue 1, he'd break 100+ goals every year.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Why do you guys care so much about what Catalans want to do, tbh? In which way does it affect you?

In fact I don't know why the Spaniard people (people not politicians) get so butthurt about Catalans wanting the independence. If I was Spaniard I would be like: "So you don't feel Spaniard? Fine, go have your ty own country. The I care?"

At least, out of self respect they should have that at ude. If they don't feel Spanish why force them to be one of you?
    There are hundreds of separatist movements in probably most countries on earth tbh. You'll never see that kind of at ude. Russians with Chechnya (and Ukraine, former USSR etc), Canada with Quebec, USA with the Confederacy, UK with Ireland, UK with Scotland...etc

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I don't give a about Spain tbh, they cab start a civil war for all I care

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    There are hundreds of separatist movements in probably most countries on earth tbh. You'll never see that kind of at ude. Russians with Chechnya (and Ukraine, former USSR etc), Canada with Quebec, USA with the Confederacy, UK with Ireland, UK with Scotland...etc
    Which kind of at ude? The one I said, or the one the Spaniards adopted?

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Which kind of at ude? The one I said, or the one the Spaniards adopted?
    The one you said, I've never seen the majority say ' you' to a group trying for sovereignty, tbh. Whether its an attempt at unity, a sense of ownership, land issues, whatever. Might be the belief if one group gets Independence, what's to stoop others from trying.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    The one you said, I've never seen the majority say ' you' to a group trying for sovereignty, tbh. Whether its an attempt at unity, a sense of ownership, land issues, whatever. Might be the belief if one group gets Independence, what's to stoop others from trying.
    Yeah well, I can't say because I've never experienced it. But I think that if an Argentinian province asked for independence I would be like "if they want to leave, let them leave". I know there would be political and economic issues but that would get solved over time, the feelings of those people wouldn't.

And that's my problem with all this situation, if the people want independence why force them to stay under your name? That's some kind of slavery or something, tbh.

Yeah well, I can't say because I've never experienced it. But I think that if an Argentinian province asked for independence I would be like "if they want to leave, let them leave". I know there would be political and economic issues but that would get solved over time, the feelings of those people wouldn't.

And that's my problem with all this situation, if the people want independence why force them to stay under your name? That's some kind of slavery or something, tbh.
    You don't get it do you?

If Quebec gets indepence, what's stopping Ontario from getting independence?

You're losing billions of tax dollars losing that significant amount of population...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    QC is not that separatist, except in Quebec City maybe

Most French Montrealers are federalist tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Spain would be destroyed without Barcelona which economically does well enough to support the poorer/ ty regions of the country.
    I'd love to see Barca in the EPL, Messi would have a field day. If they end up in Ligue 1, he'd break 100+ goals every year.
    Assuming this will happen (which it won't 100%), losing Catalonia would be a large blow to Spain economically but a total disaster for Catalonia. Catalonia won't even be acknowledged by anybody close to anybody being relevant, there will be no EU, no bilateral relations, no trade agreements, no at all ... if they'd do it, the catalonians will absolutely themselves in the ass long/short term. Any economist or investor will break this down easily. The most logical outcome would be a re-unification in under ~25 years, when the next generation is tired of paying for their parents' mistakes.

son I agree with your point, but Russia with Ukraine/Chechnya is very different from Spain and Catalonia. Also most separatist movements are incredibly small numerically/economically compared to what they might appear in the media (fake news tbh ), as it makes no economic sense to separate from a large modern country.

I don't give a about Spain tbh, they cab start a civil war for all I care
    Catalonia would be starting the process tbh.

You don't get it do you?
    You're losing billions of tax dollars losing that significant amount of population...
    nobody is declaring any independence son.

TLDR
    1. this is just about local politicians pressuring the central government to hide their own mistakes and corruption, lol at anybody thinking separatism from a top 25 economy can work as intended
    2. if there were a real danger for Spain they'd bully the out of Catalonia, by prosecuting/blackmailing/etc the financial backers of the movement and brainwashing the population.
    3. this stunt won't go well with all the other Spaniards living in less autonomous regions, especially with the tough times in Spain.
    4. the economical value of a region strictly depends on the market it activates, separate it from the market and you'll see it bleed prosperity in a hurry

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Exactly, corrupt Catalonian officials are under investigation and a new government would mean a clean slate.

And a tax-free paradise for Barca players tbh

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Exactly, corrupt Catalonian officials are under investigation and a new government would mean a clean slate.

And a tax-free paradise for Barca players tbh
    So are Rajoy and the other PP Madrid luvas tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    So are Rajoy and the other PP Madrid luvas tbh.
    son are argentine society and politcs less corrupt then the spanish ones tbh? just curios.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    You don't get it do you?

I do get it, I just don't care. Let politicians care about that.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    son are argentine society and politcs less corrupt then the spanish ones tbh? just curios.
    lol no

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Damn, I thought my cousins were making fun of me tbh ... last time I was in Madrid corruption was really bad imo tbh, and everybody was trying to swindle you (cab, hotel, conference room, business would-be partners, girls in bars, gypsies on the street).

Thread Information