Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because he started getting alot of rape replies.
    Nah it's because he is a fake tough wimp, nothing more

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobeta actually deleted his tweet
    Are you serious? Damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobeta actually deleted his tweet
    He just remembered he's white.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because no one wants the sports world muddled with the ills of politics... the sports world is supposed to be our escape from the corruption, lies, deceit, greed, social instability of the political world... I do believe NFL ratings are down for the same reason... the NBA is quickly spiraling into that same nexus.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wow did he delete his tweet?
    It's back up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still as flakey as he was when he wanted to get traded, then changed his mind back forth for the next two weeks.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Because no one wants the sports world muddled with the ills of politics... the sports world is supposed to be our escape from the corruption, lies, deceit, greed, social instability of the political world... I do believe NFL ratings are down for the same reason... the NBA is quickly spiraling into that same nexus.
    Trying to escape 'ills' that are the result of the same people watching the sport

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's still as flakey as he was when he wanted to get traded, then changed his mind back forth for the next two weeks.
    Refresh my memory, is he 4-1 or 4-2 all-time vs Jim in the playoffs when both players are healthy? I keep forgetting tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to escape 'ills' that are the result of the same people watching the sport
    It's a fallacy to suggest that sports athletes or those watching have to be "perfect" for people to use the sports world as an escape medium. Sports are mini-constructs that are intrinsically defined by less complex rules - when compared against the rules that govern the "real" life & death world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refresh my memory, is he 4-1 or 4-2 all-time vs Jim in the playoffs when both players are healthy? I keep forgetting tbh
    DJ Lkrfan Juanes: the norteno hits

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It's a fallacy to suggest that sports athletes or those watching have to be "perfect" for people to use the sports world as an escape medium. Sports are mini-constructs that are intrinsically defined by less complex rules - when compared against the rules that govern the "real" life & death world.
    Sports aren't video games. It's a fallacy to suggest there's some sole reason people engage in viewing sports and whatever obligation you believe that athletes have to you in order to fulfill this need. Sports and politics and have intertwined for a very, very long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports aren't video games. It's a fallacy to suggest there's some sole reason people engage in viewing sports and whatever obligation you believe that athletes have to you in order to fulfill this need. Sports and politics and have intertwined for a very, very long time.
    Athletes play sports. Sure they can have political inclinations, perspectives and opinions - every human does - but most fans don't necessarily want to hear them. I mean isn't that the knock on folks like David Robinson and Tim Tebow? People get so upset that they wear their spiritual beliefs on their arm and tell them to hush - they get excoriated by the media, by certain sports personalities and a large swath of fans alike. But those very same critics then turn around and celebrate when other athletes carry THEIR particular causes (whatever those causes may be). I UNDERSTAND the duplicity - which is why I didn't require your condescending explanation - I'm simply pointing out that it would be "less complicated" if athletes (and Hollywood celebrities for that matter) simply kept their political views to themselves.
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 09-23-2017 at 11:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Athletes play sports. Sure they can have political inclinations, perspectives and opinions - every human does - but most fans don't necessarily want to hear them. I mean isn't that the knock on folks like David Robinson and Tim Tebow? People get so upset that they wear their spiritual beliefs on their arm and tell them to hush - they get excoriated by the media, by certain sports personalities and a large swath of fans alike. But those very same critics then turn around and celebrate when other athletes carry THEIR particular causes (whatever those causes may be). I UNDERSTAND the duplicity - which is why I didn't require your condescending explanation - I'm simply pointing out that it would be "less complicated" if athletes (and Hollywood celebrities for that matter) simply kept their political views to themselves.
    I agree with this but Kobe is retired, and Twitter isn't sports. If an actor has an opinion on politics no one says they watch actors to get away from politics. Pro athletes need to be involved in politics, put the weed down.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I don't agree with what he agrees with, so my voice is going to be heard by not doing that," Durant told ESPN. "That's just me personally, but if I know my guys well enough, they'll all agree with me."
    Just another Jordan wannabe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DJ Lkrfan Juanes: the norteno hits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refresh my memory, is Kobe 2-0 or 2-1 all time vs. Nash in the playoffs when both players are healthy? I keep forgetting tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson wasn't vilified for being a very public Christian back in the 90s. In fact, he was celebrated by being a "nice guy". Things changed over the last decade or so when there is this push against organized religion, and history is changed after the fact.

I agree with you, athletes are vilified, whether on-the-spot or retroactively, for sharing beliefs that are not widely accepted by the media, but on their other hand, other athletes are praised for being progressive and social minded for pushing causes/beliefs that are popular at the time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Refresh my memory, is Kobe 2-0 or 2-1 all time vs. Nash in the playoffs when both players are healthy? I keep forgetting tbh
    Kobe 5, Nash 0. Does this help?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t realize they went h2h five times. High times when you have to be intellectually dishonest in an argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakerfan discreditng shaq again

GTFO

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakerfan discreditng shaq again

GTFO
    Snaq. Kobe 5, Shaq 4. Pay attention son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Didn’t realize they went h2h five times. High times when you have to be intellectually dishonest in an argument.
    You're being dishonest, not me. Everyone knows what I meant. Even you. It's cool though. You know what time it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're being dishonest, not me. Everyone knows what I meant. Even you. It's cool though. You know what time it is.
    That when it comes to comparing Kobe and any players it’s a moving target?

Honestly don’t know what it means. When comparing Duncan it’s head to head, which is a team accomplishment, but when it’s nash, it’s les, which is also a team accomplishment. When it’s shaq, it’s team accomplishments again. But it’s a different one each time just to give Kobe the advantage, dismissing the contributions of his teammates and organization.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Durbeta may have just been caught using another burner account:

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Thread Information