Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Powerbeats 3. Game changing. I'm not a fan of the gold and will probably go with the standard red/black.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dre didn't do anything. Apple owns Beats now.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Buy some Earsonic's, re s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOLNO. Just no.

1. Earbuds are gay.
    2. Beats are gay and inferior to almost all premium headphones.
    3. Beats aren't Bose. Or any of the other compe ors that are much better.

Tested these quite literally yesterday at ATT when getting my phones. Not even much better than the stock earbuds that came with the phones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the Defiant Ones. Pretty ty how those things became popular. Take a photo wearing them or else...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the Defiant Ones. Pretty ty how those things became popular. Take a photo wearing them or else...
    Dre and Jimmy basically hustled the out of the whole world

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOLNO. Just no.

1. Earbuds are gay.
    2. Beats are gay and inferior to almost all premium headphones.
    3. Beats aren't Bose. Or any of the other compe ors that are much better.

Tested these quite literally yesterday at ATT when getting my phones. Not even much better than the stock earbuds that came with the phones.
    I use cheap ass Skull Candy buds when I lift. Sounds just fine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use cheap ass Skull Candy buds when I lift. Sounds just fine.
    Skull Candy is good stuff for mid-shelf. Better than what the price tag suggests.

I'm a def mother er, so I stick with big cup Bose earphones that don't help the deafness, but give me the full sound I crave and only pull out the buds when out in the heat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got some Bose QC35 for my bday a week ago. Dope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rock some $5 earbuds from Walmart tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Just got some Bose QC35 for my bday a week ago. Dope.
    Looked hard at these and Sony MDR-1000X but couldn't justify the price tbh...$300+ for bluetooth sound...can't do right now. Got another refurb pair of the Sony deep bass bluetooth for $57.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are so many counterfeit beats on amazon. well, counterfeit everything.

edit: added everything
    Last edited by leemajors; 09-21-2017 at 07:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use cheap ass Skull Candy buds when I lift.
    When you lift your fat belly to take a piss?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have any problem with going low end. Most people can't tell the difference between 80% and 99% fidelity.
    But I'm an audiophile. I'll gladly pay the extra money to have top shelf sounds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have any problem with going low end. Most people can't tell the difference between 80% and 99% fidelity.
    But I'm an audiophile. I'll gladly pay the extra money to have top shelf sounds.
    Then don't buy Beats, bruh. You're getting two shelves lower than top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then don't buy Beats, bruh. You're getting two shelves lower than top.
    Says everyone that can't afford Beats.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says everyone that can't afford Beats.
    Says everyone who can't afford Bose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says everyone who can't afford Bose.
    I can pretty much buy any earbuds I want. I've had Bose before and they're great. But they are a notch below Beats. If you prefer Bose, then great. But I doubt you've objectively compared them to Beats.
    Bose was the in the 80's but times have changed. They've been stagnant and rested on their laurels. That being said, they still have some great home entertainment products. But for headphones and earbuds, they dropped the ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can pretty much buy any earbuds I want. I've had Bose before and they're great. But they are a notch below Beats. If you prefer Bose, then great. But I doubt you've objectively compared them to Beats.
    Bose was the in the 80's but times have changed. They've been stagnant and rested on their laurels. That being said, they still have some great home entertainment products. But for headphones and earbuds, they dropped the ball.

Likewise, so can I. And, just FYI, I JUST tested these things the other day at ATT. They aren't that great. I own two pairs of Beats from the "good ole days"...again, that whole, I can buy whatever earbuds/headphones I want...

And I disagree. Beats rested on their laurels and haven't put out a solid product since moving to the Plantation. Just my feelings. I also own JBL headcups and found them to be equal to my Beats, but inferior to my Bose, which give me richer, fuller sound for a lighter fit. Beats throb and are good with the bass, but that rich, full sound that you get from home theatre is hard to get in any kind of headsets, but Bose fills that need for me much better.

So, yeah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Likewise, so can I. And, just FYI, I JUST tested these things the other day at ATT. They aren't that great. I own two pairs of Beats from the "good ole days"...again, that whole, I can buy whatever earbuds/headphones I want...

And I disagree. Beats rested on their laurels and haven't put out a solid product since moving to the Plantation. Just my feelings. I also own JBL headcups and found them to be equal to my Beats, but inferior to my Bose, which give me richer, fuller sound for a lighter fit. Beats throb and are good with the bass, but that rich, full sound that you get from home theatre is hard to get in any kind of headsets, but Bose fills that need for me much better.

So, yeah.
    It sounds like you may have had some counterfeit Beats. There's no way you listen to them and not hear the difference.

Again, I'm not busting on Bose or JBL.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds like you may have had some counterfeit Beats. There's no way you listen to them and not hear the difference.

Again, I'm not busting on Bose or JBL.
    Umm, sure. I don't Amazon anything over $100. I live in the Central Valley of Cali.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm, sure. I don't Amazon anything over $100. I live in the Central Valley of Cali.
    Dude...85% of anything you buy online is counterfeit. Regardless of the price. I doubt the ATT store can even guarantee the "Beats" you listened to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude...85% of anything you buy online is counterfeit. Regardless of the price. I doubt the ATT store can even guarantee the "Beats" you listened to.
    LOL. Comprehension, sweetie. It just might be that you're not the audiophile you've lead yourself to believe you are. Or it might be that, as I stated before, I'm hard of hearing and I need superior products that produce full sound, not just hit on the lows. Beats are mid-top shelf, at best and haven't really been in the discussion since the Plantation bought them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, FWIW, I still consider you the go-to guy on track and field, blues music and movies here. I can look past the taste in mediocre earphones.

Thread Information