Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, FWIW, I still consider you the go-to guy on track and field, blues music and movies here. I can look past the taste in mediocre earphones.
    Send me your email address. I'll record the sound coming from my Beats and send it to you. You'll see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Send me your email address. I'll record the sound coming from my Beats and send it to you. You'll see.
    I'm not saying they aren't "good", they are the highest up you can go before you get top shelf.

It's like comparing a Kicker or Fosgate woofer to a JL Audio woofer. Nothing wrong with the former, but the later isn't sold everywhere like Beats are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying they aren't "good", they are the highest up you can go before you get top shelf.

It's like comparing a Kicker or Fosgate woofer to a JL Audio woofer. Nothing wrong with the former, but the later isn't sold everywhere like Beats are.
    I can pretty much afford to buy any earbuds on the planet. And I don't just try to buy the most expensive set. I'll take a Hamilton watch any day over a Rolex. And it's why I will purchase a Hyundai over a Mercedes. Performance matters to me more than cost. Trust me, grab a pair of Beats and be done with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can pretty much afford to buy any earbuds on the planet. And I don't just try to buy the most expensive set. I'll take a Hamilton watch any day over a Rolex. And it's why I will purchase a Hyundai over a Mercedes. Performance matters to me more than cost. Trust me, grab a pair of Beats and be done with it.

And again, so can I. Not a measuring contest on funds, I own a Hyndai. I value performance over reputation as well. Hence, I'm a Bose man. And, again, once more, I own two pairs of Beats. One sits in my office as my PC headphones, the other is still in my garage, in its box. They aren't as great as the ones I use- Bose cups for outdoors and gym and I avoid earbuds as much as possible because I don't dig earbuds. I sampled these and wasn't impressed. Nothing special. Beats haven't changed the game since their arrival to the scene.

But if you're happy with them, I'm happy for you. You don't need to try and sell me on a brand I've already bought from, twice, even with your insinuation they're imitation, despite being bought from BnMs, that doesn't give me the sound I crave. They're getting by on their Brand reputation, but the Plantation is just putting out above par products behind that brand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And again, so can I. Not a measuring contest on funds, I own a Hyndai. I value performance over reputation as well. Hence, I'm a Bose man. And, again, once more, I own two pairs of Beats. One sits in my office as my PC headphones, the other is still in my garage, in its box. They aren't as great as the ones I use- Bose cups for outdoors and gym and I avoid earbuds as much as possible because I don't dig earbuds. I sampled these and wasn't impressed. Nothing special. Beats haven't changed the game since their arrival to the scene.

But if you're happy with them, I'm happy for you. You don't need to try and sell me on a brand I've already bought from, twice, even with your insinuation they're imitation, despite being bought from BnMs, that doesn't give me the sound I crave. They're getting by on their Brand reputation, but the Plantation is just putting out above par products behind that brand.
    well...like I said, you're not even comparing real Beats to your Bose. I've actually purchased several Bose headphones over my life. Before Beats were dropped. Most of them were good to adequate. But I'd say that 58% of them were unsatisfactory. I've literally bought several pairs of Bose headphones and then just thrown them out of the window of my car. Sometimes without even listening to them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well...like I said, you're not even comparing real Beats to your Bose. I've actually purchased several Bose headphones over my life. Before Beats were dropped. Most of them were good to adequate. But I'd say that 58% of them were unsatisfactory. I've literally bought several pairs of Bose headphones and then just thrown them out of the window of my car. Sometimes without even listening to them.
    LOL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Beats Pill

Airy highs. Luscious mid range. And bass that punches you like Tyson.

It. Doesn't. Get. Any. More. Hi-Fi. Than. That.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Beats Pill

Airy highs. Luscious mid range. And bass that punches you like Tyson.

It. Doesn't. Get. Any. More. Hi-Fi. Than. That.
    Someone gets it. I've gone to big time parties where there was a dj playing through $30,000 worth of equipment. One time I ran out to my car and grabbed my Pill. Then just ran the DJ through the pill and mic'd it and ran through the cheap PA. Was better than his system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone gets it. I've gone to big time parties where there was a dj playing through $30,000 worth of equipment. One time I ran out to my car and grabbed my Pill. Then just ran the DJ through the pill and mic'd it and ran through the cheap PA. Was better than his system.
    Indeed. I once visited an audiophile friend who had a 100K system that looked something like this:

I listened for 10 minutes and then retrieved the Pill, kind of doing a "here, hold my beer" smug thing as I hooked the Pill up. He sat down in the listening chair, rolling his eyes, as if this "Chinese made garbage" had any chance in of competing with his six-figure system. But once the 1812 Overture started flowing from the Pill like the voice of God, he literally wept. Next day I saw his system on Craigslist for 500.00. Yes. Five hundred. Funny enough, he couldn't even sell it at that price. I asked why. He said potential customers told him they could buy a Pill for half the price and get better quality. He wound up donating the system to the Goodwill.

Yes. He has a Pill now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. I once visited an audiophile friend who had a 100K system that looked something like this:

I listened for 10 minutes and then retrieved the Pill, kind of doing a "here, hold my beer" smug thing as I hooked the Pill up. He sat down in the listening chair, rolling his eyes, as if this "Chinese made garbage" had any chance in of competing with his six-figure system. But once the 1812 Overture started flowing from the Pill like the voice of God, he literally wept. Next day I saw his system on Craigslist for 500.00. Yes. Five hundred. Funny enough, he couldn't even sell it at that price. I asked why. He said potential customers told him they could buy a Pill for half the price and get better quality. He wound up donating the system to the Goodwill.

Yes. He has a Pill now.
    you sarcastic mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a Brady fan but you can't argue with his accomplishments and approach to life.
    Bad ass commercial....

Thread Information