Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I care about the topic. OP presented strong evidence to support the main wikileaks "hack" was an inside job.
    The Podesta phish is not addressed in the topic. Nor are any of the other hacks dating back to September 2015. But you already knew that because you care, right?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Shadow govt. in play. Trump is right. This nothing burger wasn't being announced at the time for a reason.
    Conspiracy!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you guys actually think the Russians did not make attempts to create chaos in our elections?

Really?
    Oh.
    So this is just turning into a discussion on the actual procedures the Russians used to create chaos in our elections. Not if they did.

Democracies with free and fair elections are extraordinarily vulnerable.
    In what was a very close election, Trump won. The fact that the Russians interefered does not change the fact that the voting public was torn between two bad candidates. We got our president, live with it. You are apart of a democracy. One of the worst things that could happen in our democracy is a Bootian ousting of a democratically elected leader. Throw him out because I don't like him, no.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And if anyone actually cares about the OP, it's not like that particular metadata angle is settled:

But, said Barger and other experts, that overlooks the possibility the files were copied multiple times before being released, something that may be more probable than not in a bureaucracy like Russian intelligence.

“A hacker might have downloaded it to one computer, then shared it by USB to an air gapped [off the internet] network for translation, then copied by a different person for analysis, then brought a new USB to an entirely different air gapped computer to determine a strategy all before it was packaged for Guccifer 2.0 to leak,” said Barger.

Every time the files were copied, depending on the method they were transmitted, there would be a new chance for the metadata to be changed.

Hultquist said the date that Forensicator believes that the files were downloaded, based on the metadata, is almost definitely not the date the files were removed from the DNC.

That date, July 5, 2016, was far later than the April dates when the DNC hackers registered “electionleaks.com” and “DCLeaks.com.” Hulquist noted that the DNC hackers likely had stolen files by the time they began determining their strategy to post them.

The July date is also months after the DNC brought in FireEye compe or CrowdStrike to remove the hackers from their network and well after Crowdstrike first attributed the attack to Russia.

With increased scrutiny on the network, it would be a high-risk way to remove files. And if an insider removed files from the DNC on July 5, it could just as likely be a second, unrelated attack to the Russian one.

Even if there were no other scenarios that would create the same metadata, experts note that metadata is among the easiest pieces of forensic evidence to falsify. It would be far more difficult to fabricate other evidence pointing to Russia, including the malware only known to be used by the suspected Russian hackers, and internet and email addresses seen in previous attacks by that group.

Forensicator’s claim that 20 to 25 megabyte per second downloads would be impossible over the internet also raised eyebrows.

John Bambenek, threat systems manager at the security firm Fidelis, noted that while home internet, where uploads are much slower than downloads, would not allow that speed, corporate and cloud networks could do so.
    Link: Why the latest theory about the DNC not being hacked is probably wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No dog in this fight but Crowdstrike's report claims Russian hackers were responsible for the DNC hack. The FBI would later agree with the assessment.

https://www.cnet.com/news/how-expert...-dnc-election/
    We know the intelligence agencies have "concluded" it was Russia. They offer no proof whatsovever.

Also that article describes Russian hack tactics in a general way and not tied to any particular hack. Much less one connected to Wikileaks DNC dump.

We know countries actively try to hack each other. Russia, China, Israel, US are the most active at it.

This thread is about the wikileaks DNC hack of July 2016 which according to media and intelligence agencies was done by Russians.

This theory has been easyly debunked by looking at the file metadata and seeing it was copied from DNC server via USB drive.

Chumpdumpster is asking us to proove Russia doesnt do any hacking which is re ed question. As everyone hacks each other.

But the DNC Hillary email hack that flipped the election wasnot done by them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We know the intelligence agencies have "concluded" it was Russia. They offer no proof whatsovever.

Also that article describes Russian hack tactics in a general way and not tied to any particular hack. Much less one connected to Wikileaks DNC dump.

We know countries actively try to hack each other. Russia, China, Israel, US are the most active at it.

This thread is about the wikileaks DNC hack of July 2017 which according to media and intelligence agencies was done by Russians.

This theory has been easyly debunked by looking at the file metadata and seeing it was copied from DNC server via USB drive.

Chumpdumpster is asking us to proove Russia doesnt do any hacking which is re ed question. As everyone hacks each other.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This thread is about the wikileaks DNC hack of July 2017 which according to media and intelligence agencies was done by Russians.

So you're going with the already debunked Seth Rich was the inside man and got murdered for it conspiracy? Got it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tossing around "metadata" fools the fools into believing they have a clue

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    tossing around "metadata" fools the fools into believing they have a clue
    Yeah, I asked when this conspiracy theory first broke if metadata can be faked. Turns out it can be faked. Go figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're going with the already debunked Seth Rich was the inside man and got murdered for it conspiracy? Got it.
    Nope. Could have been anyone of the dozens of ppl that had physicall access to server and a usb drive

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope. Could have been anyone of the dozens of ppl that had physicall access to server and a usb drive

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Podesta phish is not addressed in the topic. Nor are any of the other hacks dating back to September 2015. But you already knew that because you care, right?
    The Podesta phish has not been proven to be the Russians. That was just Podesta being an idiot. In fact IIRC, that was gucifer, bro.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Podesta phish has not been proven to be the Russians.
    They haven't been excluded.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They haven't been excluded.
    Look how far we've dropped from the Russians had access to DNC for a couple months. I can see why you did one of your tantrums.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Look how far we've dropped from the Russians had access to DNC for a couple months.
    That hasn't changed. I can tell it's so important to you because you haven't lifted a finger to find out about the other hacks.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    And if anyone actually cares about the OP, it's not like that particular metadata angle is settled:

Lazy article.

June 12th Assange announces he has DNC do ents
    June 14th Crowdstrike announces they found Russian malware on the DNC servers
    June 15th Guccifer claims the hack and posts a do ent synthetically tainted with Russian fingerprints
    July 5th Guccifer releases second hack/copied data

Best part of the lazy article:

“I find it interesting that people are so eager to believe that Dmitri Alperovitch is biased, but willing to accept the forensics of an anonymous blogger, with no reputation, that no one knows anything about,” said Hultquist.

How are the reputations of the following people who came to the same conclusion?

William Binney, former NSA Technical Director for World Geopolitical & Military Analysis; Co-founder of NSA’s Signals Intelligence Automation Research Center

Skip Folden, independent analyst, retired IBM Program Manager for Information Technology US (Associate VIPS)

Matthew Hoh, former Capt., USMC, Iraq & Foreign Service Officer, Afghanistan (associate VIPS)

Larry C Johnson, CIA & State Department (ret.)

Michael S. Kearns, Air Force Intelligence Officer (Ret.), Master SERE Resistance to Interrogation Instructor

John Kiriakou, Former CIA Counterterrorism Officer and former Senior Investigator, Senate Foreign Relations Committee

Linda Lewis, WMD preparedness policy analyst, USDA (ret.)

Lisa Ling, TSgt USAF (ret.) (associate VIPS)

Edward Loomis, Jr., former NSA Technical Director for the Office of Signals Processing

David MacMichael, National Intelligence Council (ret.)

Ray McGovern, former U.S. Army Infantry/Intelligence officer and CIA analyst

Elizabeth Murray, former Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Middle East, CIA

Coleen Rowley, FBI Special Agent and former Minneapolis Division Legal Counsel (ret.)

Cian Westmoreland, former USAF Radio Frequency Transmission Systems Technician and Unmanned Aircraft Systems whistleblower (Associate VIPS)

Kirk Wiebe, former Senior Analyst, SIGINT Automation Research Center, NSA

Sarah G. Wilton, Intelligence Officer, DIA (ret.); Commander, US Naval Reserve (ret.)

Ann Wright, U.S. Army Reserve Colonel (ret) and former U.S. Diplomat

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/07/2...hack-evidence/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lazy article.

June 12th Assange announces he has DNC do ents
    June 14th Crowdstrike announces they found Russian malware on the DNC servers
    June 15th Guccifer claims the hack and posts a do ent synthetically tainted with Russian fingerprints
    July 5th Guccifer releases second hack/copied data

Best part of the lazy article:

“I find it interesting that people are so eager to believe that Dmitri Alperovitch is biased, but willing to accept the forensics of an anonymous blogger, with no reputation, that no one knows anything about,” said Hultquist.

How are the reputations of the following people who came to the same conclusion?

William Binney, former NSA Technical Director for World Geopolitical & Military Analysis; Co-founder of NSA’s Signals Intelligence Automation Research Center

Skip Folden, independent analyst, retired IBM Program Manager for Information Technology US (Associate VIPS)

Matthew Hoh, former Capt., USMC, Iraq & Foreign Service Officer, Afghanistan (associate VIPS)

Larry C Johnson, CIA & State Department (ret.)

Michael S. Kearns, Air Force Intelligence Officer (Ret.), Master SERE Resistance to Interrogation Instructor

John Kiriakou, Former CIA Counterterrorism Officer and former Senior Investigator, Senate Foreign Relations Committee

Linda Lewis, WMD preparedness policy analyst, USDA (ret.)

Lisa Ling, TSgt USAF (ret.) (associate VIPS)

Edward Loomis, Jr., former NSA Technical Director for the Office of Signals Processing

David MacMichael, National Intelligence Council (ret.)

Ray McGovern, former U.S. Army Infantry/Intelligence officer and CIA analyst

Elizabeth Murray, former Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Middle East, CIA

Coleen Rowley, FBI Special Agent and former Minneapolis Division Legal Counsel (ret.)

Cian Westmoreland, former USAF Radio Frequency Transmission Systems Technician and Unmanned Aircraft Systems whistleblower (Associate VIPS)

Kirk Wiebe, former Senior Analyst, SIGINT Automation Research Center, NSA

Sarah G. Wilton, Intelligence Officer, DIA (ret.); Commander, US Naval Reserve (ret.)

Ann Wright, U.S. Army Reserve Colonel (ret) and former U.S. Diplomat

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/07/2...hack-evidence/
    Can metadata be altered?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Can metadata be altered?
    Yes, and your lazy article fails to mention that the Forensicator points that out early on in his analysis. Your lazy article also doesn't link to any of Forensicator's, Adam Carter's, or the VIPS team's work.

Do you doubt the findings of the VIPS team?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I don't doubt for a minute that Russia tried to influence our elections through social media, but the Russia hacked the DNC and gave the files to Wikileaks story is a complete fabrication created by DNC/Crowdstrike with a complicit IC and pushed by the media.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes, and your lazy article fails to mention that the Forensicator points that out early on in his analysis. Your lazy article also doesn't link to any of Forensicator's, Adam Carter's, or the VIPS team's work.

Do you doubt the findings of the VIPS team?
    I don't think they are nearly as conclusive as you want them to be. Nice dodging any discussion of your theory though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    TSA:
    But those two already testified and you were so excited and asking for transcripts. You totally shut up about both of them ever since. Why?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I don't think they are nearly as conclusive as you want them to be. Nice dodging any discussion of your theory though.
    Much more conclusive than anything you've tried to pass off blaming Russia for the DNC hack. I've dodged nothing from you, I'm not here much anymore and don't check notifications when I am here. I've got 2,469 unread notifications/mentions.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I never saw any transcripts of their testimony not much I can comment on. I'd also like to see the transcripts from the testimony from the Podesta group for working with the same Ukranians as Manafort. Samantha Powers testimony will also be interesting.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Much more conclusive than anything you've tried to pass off blaming Russia for the DNC hack. I've dodged nothing from you, I'm not here much anymore and don't check notifications when I am here. I've got 2,469 unread notifications/mentions.
    You dodged just last night.

I never saw any transcripts of their testimony not much I can comment on. I'd also like to see the transcripts from the testimony from the Podesta group for working with the same Ukranians as Manafort. Samantha Powers testimony will also be interesting.
    Seeing as you didn't even try to find Browder's testimony at any time over the past two months, I can only conclude that you aren't terribly serious about any of this unless someone spoon feeds you a narrative.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dodged just last night.
    That's you're whole "troll" game.

Thread Information