Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If the US could only sustain funds to keep one branch of the US military around. Which would be the most important branch to keep? Airforce, Navy, Marines or Army?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    AF no question.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The one that refuses to enlist trannies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Aerial superiority above all else, tbh.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Navy is by far the best. Whoever rules 70% of the earth, is in charge.

How far can planes go before they have to refuel? How do ground fources get anywhere? The Navy has planes. And what outfit is more revered than a Navy Seal?

I made 4 WESTPACS, yep, a S back. Was in Viet Nam when my time was up. At no time in my four trips there was I ever in any danger. We watched the war from afar but collected combat pay.

It took me two weeks to get home. I was on a helo, jetted off a carrier, on a bus, on a train, a C 5 cargo carrier and then a jumbo jet, walked in my front door on Christmas morining, yep......SURPRISE~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 09-21-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Navy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

How far can planes go before they have to refuel? How do ground fources get anywhere? The Navy has planes. And what outfit is more revered than a Navy Seal?

I made 4 WESTPACS, yep, a S back. Was in Viet Nam when my time was up. At no time in my four trips there was I ever in any danger. We watched the war from afar but collected combat pay.

It took me two weeks to get home. I was on a helo, jetted off a carrier, on a bus, on a train, a C 5 cargo carrier and then a jumbo jet, walked in my front door on Christmas morining, yep......SURPRISE~~~~~~~
    Nice, appreciate your service Avante!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

So what % of the Earth's surface is covered by an atmosphere?

An imagine the havoc in the adolescent population if you could have flown to the "hey soldier, need some wacky wacky?" destinations...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Air Force

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    How do you take out submarines

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Navy. Navy has planes too.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If the US could only sustain funds to keep one branch of the US military around then we're so screwed it doesn't matter which one you pick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    AirForce is a weird answer. The Navy has a ton of planes and their own nukes.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I can't swim. A lot of us millennials can't swim

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    The Air Force is a solid choice but then again, people in the Navy like to rape little girls while in SE Asia....I dunno.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Air Force is a solid choice but then again, people in the Navy like to rape little girls while in SE Asia....I dunno.
    Good news if war breaks out with N Korea... send our sailors over there and let them go to work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If the US could only sustain funds to keep one branch of the US military around. Which would be the most important branch to keep? Airforce, Navy, Marines or Army?
    Navy, since the Marines are a department of the Navy, they have NSW, they have air power and they can also act as a domestic aid force in natural disasters. They control the ability to park nukes off the coast of any country, via submarine, and they have the best training of all the forces in their technical schools.

But they are all very important, and you'd not just fund one. You'd have to scale them all back, but never get rid of one of them. If you had to get rid of one, it would be the Air Force because the Navy can provide that role.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So does the USAF. The Navy lacks tactical airlift capability, they don't have the airfields to launch multiple parallel sorties, so they'd have to rely on the USAF bases for that. The Navy doesn't have long range bombers, they'd have to ferry all the ordinance to a central location and use an inordinate amount of aircraft to deliver it. That's not always feasible when land mass makes the trip require refueling, and some countries will not give up airspace so they have to fly around (oops, French embassy).

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So what % of the Earth's surface is covered by an atmosphere?

An imagine the havoc in the adolescent population if you could have flown to the "hey soldier, need some wacky wacky?" destinations...
    Stupid, those bars were full of full grown/experienced women, now think ya ing dummy.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-26-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nice, appreciate your service Avante!
    Thank you.

Few thinga can compare to sunsets out at sea, absolutely amazing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thank you.

Few thinga can compare to sunsets out at sea, absolutely amazing.
    same thing this navy chick ive dated on & off said

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    same thing this navy chick ive dated on & off said
    We had a bird follow us all the way to Nam and back. He/she munched on our garbage that went over board. When tired of flying he/she would land somewhere on the ship above us. Big bird too big for a hawk to mess with.

Now imagine knowing in the morning you'll be pulling into Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, Tokyo, very cool.

Whales, dolphins, sea snakes, sharks, flying fish, that.....what in the was that?

There is one other thing that compares to out at seas sunsets, that would be sun rises. And......there is without question UFO's. We saw all kinds of strange lights out in the middle of nowhere at night. No place where anything man made could have refueled nearby yet, there it was.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-26-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So does the USAF. The Navy lacks tactical airlift capability, they don't have the airfields to launch multiple parallel sorties, so they'd have to rely on the USAF bases for that. The Navy doesn't have long range bombers, they'd have to ferry all the ordinance to a central location and use an inordinate amount of aircraft to deliver it. That's not always feasible when land mass makes the trip require refueling, and some countries will not give up airspace so they have to fly around (oops, French embassy).
    The Navy has air stations, as well as Joint Bases with the AF. What is a carrier if not a central location from which to deliver ordinance? Silly premise, but Navy is the obvious, and best, choice.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Navy has it all, ships, planes, ground forces. Where is the Army with no Navy? The Navy doesn't need the Army. Try flying those AF planes with no way to refuel.

The Marines are a branch of the Navy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Navy has air stations, as well as Joint Bases with the AF. What is a carrier if not a central location from which to deliver ordinance? Silly premise, but Navy is the obvious, and best, choice.
    If you defund the USAF you close the airfield. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Any branch could be fine if they got the resources of the other branches. Joint bases rely on joint funding.

Thread Information