Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you should voluntarily subject yourself to additional background checks when purchasing a gun
    I have a CHL. I have done just that, although that's a horrible analogy.

If you're against the tax breaks, don't take them.

If I'm against background checks, you think I should get more of them.

I'm not against background checks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AT&T to Pay $1,000 to 200,000 Workers After Tax Bill Signed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a CHL. I have done just that, although that's a horrible analogy.

If you're against the tax breaks, don't take them.

If I'm against background checks, you think I should get more of them.

I'm not against background checks.
    I know. You’ve said you support them. Have you voluntarily submitted yourself to background checks that exceed what is currently required by law because you are for stronger checks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. You’ve said you support them. Have you voluntarily submitted yourself to background checks that exceed what is currently required by law because you are for stronger checks?
    Yes. It's called a CHL. Fingerprints to FBI, ATF, DPS and local sheriff's office. They do extensive criminal background checks, and they have to sign off on it.

So yeah.

So send back your refund.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes. They won't do the checks though.
    Which additional checks did you ask them to do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which additional checks did you ask them to do?
    None of your ing business. When I pull your chain, then you can ask questions.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    None of your ing business. When I pull your chain, then you can ask questions.
    triggered

It's OK. You just lied for no reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. It's called a CHL. Fingerprints to FBI, ATF, DPS and local sheriff's office. They do extensive criminal background checks, and they have to sign off on it.

So yeah.

So send back your refund.
    Have you subjected yourself to further checks beyond what is currently required?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Have you subjected yourself to further checks beyond what is currently required?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A CHL isn't currently required. So yes. How many times do you need to read that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A CHL isn't currently required. So yes. How many times do you need to read that?
    There are certain checks required for a CHL. Have you subjected yourself to additional checks that go beyond those currently required by law?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You wanted a CHL so it was required.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are certain checks required for a CHL. Have you subjected yourself to additional checks that go beyond those currently required by law?
    But not to purchase a firearm.

That was your question which is still a poor analogy because I am not against background checks as they stand. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be against tighter restrictions.

If you're against the tax breaks, you are against the current tax laws which in effect could put more money in your pocket, so you should refuse the benefit of something you are against.

It's not rocket science and regardless how you try to make that poor analogy work, it doesn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But not to purchase a firearm.

That was your question which is still a poor analogy because I am not against background checks as they stand. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be against tighter restrictions.

If you're against the tax breaks, you are against the current tax laws which in effect could put more money in your pocket, so you should refuse the benefit of something you are against.

It's not rocket science and regardless how you try to make that poor analogy work, it doesn't.
    The analogy works fine. you just don’t like the result because you come off as stupid

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people who are against legalized abortion should have unwanted fetuses surgically transferred to their bodies (or their wives', girlfriends') so they can carry those pregnancies to term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The analogy works fine. you just don’t like the result because you come off as stupid
    It doesn't work at all for the reasons I stated. You come off as desperate, especially after you moved the goalpost to getting the CHL.

But I went above and beyond on that as well. I actually took the longest course available, which isn't required by law, because I wanted to spend more time on legalities and such. There wasn't an option to request more background checks, but I offered things they didn't want or need.

You just got shamed though because you thought you had me. You should probably look into being an immigration attorney.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people who are against legalized abortion should have unwanted fetuses surgically transferred to their bodies (or their wives', girlfriends') so they can carry those pregnancies to term.
    Another stupid analogy. No one is saying you should accept something you are against. They are saying you should refuse something you are against. But I like your idea since I am pro-choice.

Now we just have a few more liberal pilers to show up like RG and Fuzzy, and Pgardn will add his 2 cents. We'll have a full boat then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't work at all for the reasons I stated. You come off as desperate, especially after you moved the goalpost to getting the CHL.

But I went above and beyond on that as well. I actually took the longest course available, which isn't required by law, because I wanted to spend more time on legalities and such. There wasn't an option to request more background checks, but I offered things they didn't want or need.

You just got shamed though because you thought you had me. You should probably look into being an immigration attorney.
    The point is subjecting yourself to additional burdens because of an opinion on policy is a nonsensical expectation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is subjecting yourself to additional burdens because of an opinion on policy is a nonsensical expectation.
    How is it an additional burden to refuse a refund? You're not getting it now, so what is additional?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DMC went back and edited the post where he said asked them to do additional checks on him and they wouldn't do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is it an additional burden to refuse a refund? You're not getting it now, so what is additional?
    Now you’re just playing stupid. Which is a shame, since you don’t really have to pretend to demonstrate that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DMC went back and edited the post where he said asked them to do additional checks on him and they wouldn't do it.
    You mean that which I bolded?

You're not very bright, but everyone here knows that about you already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now you’re just playing stupid. Which is a shame, since you don’t really have to pretend to demonstrate that
    It's not an additional burden to refuse a refund. Have you ever done someone a favor and refused payment? Does that mean you did them two favors?

You can't be default right, Philo, just through ad nauseum claims.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You mean that which I bolded?

You're not very bright, but everyone here knows that about you already.
    Now you're angry about my merely saying you edited it.

Thread Information