Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Trump is doing fine. That has to be driving you crazy.
    Trumps as bad as everyone said he would be. You just didnt care.

So dont tell me about having respect for our country when you dont give a .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trigger warning.

Triggered? I couldn't be happier. Please God let this continue to be the liberal message to the white working class.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Triggered? I couldn't be happier. Please God let this continue to be the liberal message to the white working class.
    Did I quote you?

You've already made your point clear. You're happy that your fellow conservatives are so sensitive to iden y politics, and you like that their feelings can be manipulated to vote the way you want them to.

What a dignified worldview.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I quote you?

You've already made your point clear. You're happy that your fellow conservatives are so sensitive to iden y politics, and you like that their feelings can be manipulated to vote the way you want them to.

What do you think Democrats have been trying to do for years and are still trying to do. Keep the base riled up and hope for a good turn out.

Maybe not dignified but it's not naive either.

It's easier for the GOP since their base doesn't consist of the most unreliable voting blocks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So? If your looking for a private conversation with rmt then pm her.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    What do you think Democrats have been trying to do for years and are still trying to do. Keep the base riled up and hope for a good turn out.

It's easier for the GOP since their base doesn't consist of the most unreliable voting blocks.
    Just like Republicans with the War on coal, the war on Christianity, the war on religious freedom, the war on Christmas , the War on denim, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Statues and pussyhats so dignified

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like Republicans with the War on coal, the war on Christianity, the war on religious freedom, the war on Christmas , the War on denim, etc.
    Politics are fun to watch

Most don't seem to be able to separate themselves from their personal views enough to just enjoy the show

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is doing fine. That has to be driving you crazy.
    tlongII

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm sure this is also the worldview of certain Democrat strategists. Doesn't mean I respect it on their end, either. Let me know their SpursTalk handle and I'll tell them directly.

So? If your looking for a private conversation with rmt then pm her.
    I quoted a relevant post and said "Trigger Warning" and you replied as if that warning was for you.

Statues and pussyhats so dignified
    I've never worn a pussyhat.

The statue protests arose from a local government deciding to remove a statue, and conservatives/nazis throwing a fit that resulted in a dead person, so that's not a great point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'm not sure "I'm gonna participate in this somewhat crass fashion statement to show my support for women's reproductive Rights" is really on the same scale as "I'm glad half of the country is getting worked up by the President over meaningless symbolic gestures because that means they'll vote my way."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure this is also the worldview of certain Democrat strategists.
    It's like you don't know what worldview means.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'm not sure "I'm gonna participate in this somewhat crass fashion statement to show my support for women's reproductive Rights" is really on the same scale as "I'm glad half of the country is getting worked up by the President over meaningless symbolic gestures because that means they'll vote my way."
    Yeah democratics never get worked up over symbols

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like you don't know what worldview means.
    How do you figure?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah democratics never get worked up over symbols
    That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about claiming to not care about those symbols but being happy that ideologically similar people do care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dayummmm the racist right is in' triggered...

Trump's NFL attacks set record on Breitbart

After breaking with him on other issues, Trump's alt-right media supporters rally around his criticism of football protests.

By JASON SCHWARTZ 09/25/2017 01:53 PM EDT

President Donald Trump’s repeated broadsides against professional athletes dominated the news over the weekend, with pundits from ESPN to CNN to Fox News questioning the wisdom of his statements. But the story was sharply different on leading right-wing news sites, where Trump’s attacks on players like Stephen Curry and Colin Kaepernick received not just huge attention but acclaim.

Breitbart Editor-in-Chief Alexander Marlow said metrics indicated that a Sunday morning post on the topic by the site’s Facebook account had greater reach than any post in Breitbart history.

“There is an unbelievable amount of interest,” Marlow said on Sunday night. “I’m looking at my 10 or 11 top stories now, and maybe 7 of them are NFL related.”

“This is the radicalization of the NFL right now,” he said. “It's being encouraged by the media, it's being encouraged by Hollywood and I don’t think that people, at least if the comments and the phone calls to Breitbart are any reflection, I don’t think they like it. They just want neutrality, they don’t want politics in football games.”

With the president facing potential setbacks on a number of fronts, his seemingly out of the blue call for protesting athletes to lose their jobs represents the type of cultural issue capable of rallying his conservative base. Breitbart has opposed the president with greater frequency of late—particularly in Alabama’s senate special election—so the NFL issue provided an opportunity for Trump to remind supporters of why they like him.

The Alabama election may have received the top headline spot on Breitbart for much of Sunday, but as games rolled on throughout the day, from the Ravens and Jaguars’ morning kickoff in London through the Washington-Oakland tilt in primetime, Breitbart’s homepage was loaded with NFL stories. One typical headline read: “NFL snowflakes melt: coaches and owners join massive anti-Trump protest—in U.K.”

The story had nearly 33,000 comments as of early Monday afternoon, tens of thousands more than any other non-sports related story currently on the site’s homepage.

“A lot of people know Andrew Breitbart for his quote, politics is downstream from culture, so the cultural issues that fold in the politics tend to be utterly explosive in terms of the interest level from our readers,” Marlow said.

That level of interest appeared to be consistent across other right-leaning sites. The issue received top billing on Drudge Report, Infowars and The Daily Caller, where the lead story most of the day focused on Alejandro Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who served in Afghanistan and was the only Pittsburgh Steeler to emerge from the locker room for the national anthem.

Five of The Daily Caller’s top 10 stories were NFL related, according to Geoffrey Ingersoll, the site’s editor-in-chief. He believed the NFL story attracted readers simply because of its news value, but also because, “I think we've seen a steady encroachment of politics into once pristine places. This creep has been occurring in sports for a long time, and it seems to be hitting a crescendo of sorts.”

Villanueva’s story—with its military connections—was featured prominently on other sites, like The Gateway Pundit, as well. The site also ran headlines, including: “UNREAL. NFL Players stand for “God save the Queen” and kneel for US National Anthem in London” and “President Trump continues to slam anti-cop NFL for allowing players to disrespect flag and country.”

“Our readers are very upset about these continued anthem protests,” emailed Jim Hoft, the founder of The Gateway Pundit. “It is all people talked about.” triggered snowflakes
    Marlow said that whenever Breitbart covers the protests by NFL players on its website or Sirius radio shows, no topic elicits more comments or call-ins. Social media engagement over the weekend was also through the roof.

The text of the Breitbart Facebook post that went viral reads: “Dear NFL: We will not support millionaire ingrates who hate America and disrespect our Armed Forces and Veterans. Who wins a football game has ZERO impact on our lives. Who fights for and defends our nation has EVERY impact on our lives. We stand with the Heroes, not a bunch of rich, en led, arrogant, ungrateful, anti-American degenerates. Signed, We the People.” holy

As of Monday afternoon, the post had racked up more than half a million shares, more than 260,000 reactions, and 21,000 comments.

Marlow believes that his audience’s strong reaction is driven by a desire to see sports and politics clearly separated from each other. “So much of America is politicized,” he said, “why sports too? And that's the question that the audience is asking most right now.”

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, MJ and Federer never spout political views because they want to appeal to the widest audience and they know that there are people of all different persuasions.
    “One of the fundamental rights this country is founded on was freedom of speech, and we have a long tradition of nonviolent, peaceful protest,” Jordan wrote. “Those who exercise the right to peacefully express themselves should not be demonized or ostracized. At a time of increasing divisiveness and hate in this country, we should be looking for ways to work together and support each other and not create more division. I support Commissioner Adam Silver, the NBA, its players and all those who wish to exercise their right to free speech.”

Uh-oh.

Or were you talking about a different MJ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “One of the fundamental rights this country is founded on was freedom of speech, and we have a long tradition of nonviolent, peaceful protest,” Jordan wrote. “Those who exercise the right to peacefully express themselves should not be demonized or ostracized. At a time of increasing divisiveness and hate in this country, we should be looking for ways to work together and support each other and not create more division. I support Commissioner Adam Silver, the NBA, its players and all those who wish to exercise their right to free speech.”

Uh-oh.

Or were you talking about a different MJ?
    Good stuff from MJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Anthony going balls deep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened in the last Argentina elections? Oh wait, I don't give a .
    A friend of Trump (really, not making this up) won. After years of "communism" a right-winger won. The cycle of life, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refusing to stand for the national anthem is considered disrespectful. It's just the way it is.
    What about Jehovah's witnesses? Their religion forbids them from singing the anthem or paying tribute to any country's flag. Should we consider them disrespectful for doing what their religion tells them to do? Should we call them "sons of es" because of that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Jehovah's witnesses? Their religion forbids them from singing the anthem or paying tribute to any country's flag. Should we consider them disrespectful for doing what their religion tells them to do? Should we call them "sons of es" because of that?
    No. Call them sons of es when they knock your door peddling their faith in the most invasive way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Call them sons of es when they knock your door peddling their faith in the most invasive way.
    Can I call christians sons of es for being by far the more invasive of all religions?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only if you are using the phrase in a friendly southern style the way Trump did.

Thread Information