Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Why did the Thunder decide to tank?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch DWade get bought out and go to OKC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter, we got Rudy gay and a decomposing backcourt, just ship us the trophy already, everyone else playing for 2nd place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVPresti
    Plus oladipo contract was one of the worst in the league, solid work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter, we got Rudy gay and a decomposing backcourt, just ship us the trophy already, everyone else playing for 2nd place

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leetonidas after KD joined the Warriors
    He wasnt wrong. 3/5 of the spurs outplayed the warriors until kl injury. The end

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao Spurs are probably the fifth best west team now. Our biggest accomplishment this off season... signing Rudy ing Gay. God damn this team is trash.
    Incredible. Sam Presti, the guy who discovered Tony Parker, lost Kevin Durant and acquired Paul George and Melo via traded FOR

Meanwhile our drunk replaced Tim Duncan with Joffrey Leauvergne
    The Thunder got Melo for absolute garbage. this summer.
    We're screwed. In before "it'll never work there's only one ball"
    Yeah but culture though. HEB commercials and Jacob Riis etc.
    This wouldn't be so bad if the Spurs hadn't re-upped Pau and Patty. I could get behind playing for a window in 2018. It's that they didn't take this summer more seriously.

That said, I wouldn't have been a huge fan of a Melo trade right now. Pau and Patty were off the table until December and January, respectively, and moving LMA for Melo without other bigs coming would have been awkward.

I'd like to hear PATFO's real rationale for going in this direction and not some stupid blow-off answer. These aren't dumb people. This makes sense to them even though it doesn't to anyone else.
    So why did the Spurs let Presti leave while keeping Drunkford? Worst personnel move in franchise history.
    all these other GMs trading trash for all stars and RC doing midnight panic deals for role players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how the spurs will match up against okc now..thunder got better but they're not at the same level as the dubs. Westbrook-PG-Melo-pat-adams lineup is definitely going to cause some problems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Nothing to see here. Sam Presti playing chess while RC Buford's eating checkers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking ahead to playoffs, this gives GSW a real challenge in the 2nd round.

Either Houston or now Okc should be able to take them 6 games minimum before the Spurs see them in the WCF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how the spurs will match up against okc now..thunder got better but they're not at the same level as the dubs. Westbrook-PG-Melo-pat-adams lineup is definitely going to cause some problems
    OKC at least won't be able to dominate the Spurs on the boards with Kanter and Adams. There big man rotation now is even worse than the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People can talk about how they still won't win the West after this move, and that's probably true, but the Spurs didn't have a shot against them regardless. , OKC was a terrible match-up last year even with just Russ as the sole star. He always kills whoever we put in front of him, their role players always play out of their mind while ours the bed, and their bigs - especially Adams - out-rebound our bigs every time (which should be exacerbated this year even after losing Kanter when you consider we have only two legitimate bigs this year, one of them being a soft, low stamina Spaniard).

We didn't match up well with them before, and we especially don't now. No one in OKC feared SA before this move, surely they don't now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to see here. Sam Presti playing chess while RC Buford's eating checkers.
    Yes because trading for a glorified fat ass chucker is great deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC at least won't be able to dominate the Spurs on the boards with Kanter and Adams. There big man rotation now is even worse than the Spurs.
    You realize we only have an out of shape LMA and an old, soft, low stamina version of Pau as our only true bigs, right? Adams alone is enough to dominate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize we only have an out of shape LMA and an old, soft, low stamina version of Pau as our only true bigs, right? Adams alone is enough to dominate.
    I disagree that Adams by himself can dominate. Anyways having Kanter gone is one less solid big to deal with on the boards.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Melo played the best ball of his career as a 4, and as shown on Team usa he excels in being the 3rd option. Great move.

They have Roberson and George to throw at Kawhi just in the starting lineup alone. Just picturing Patty Mills and brick feet Green try and guard them hurts my head

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder had to try something like this, but all they have done is cement their spot at #4 in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder had to try something like this, but all they have done is cement their spot at #4 in the West.
    This move could easily put them past the Spurs if it works out. Stop trying to downplay it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Melo played the best ball of his career as a 4, and as shown on Team usa he excels in being the 3rd option. Great move.

They have Roberson and George to throw at Kawhi just in the starting lineup alone. Just picturing Patty Mills and brick feet Green try and guard them hurts my head

Fluffers hot take: At least we won't have to watch Anus Kancer demolish the likes of Gasol and LMA anymore.

Winning by subtraction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree that Adams by himself can dominate. Anyways having Kanter gone is one less solid big to deal with on the boards.
    Not as optimistic as you. Although it was one game, in the one game against us without Kanter last year, the Spurs still gave up 12 offensive rebounds, were even on the boards, while Adams had a double-double. Pau didn't play, sure, but the game was close the whole way through, and the Spurs still let even Domantas ing Sabonis grab 10 boards. Also, Melo is going to out-rebound any 4 we have other than Aldridge.

Basically, even a one-man OKC with no bench wasn't a sure thing for the Spurs. Add PG and a focused Melo? OKC should have nothing to fear when facing us, imo.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God the Thunder land Melo for Anal Kancer and meanwhile RC reups Gasoft and Eddie House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fluffers hot take: At least we won't have to watch Anus Kancer demolish the likes of Gasol and LMA anymore.

Winning by subtraction
    People are just looking at their roster, but refusing to take a hard look at ours. Anus Kancer is gone, sure, but we have no legitimate rebounders other than a fat LMA and an ancient Pau. Melo is still going to out-rebound any big we have at the 4 (Fathead, Gay, Bertans) not named LMA.

Thread Information