San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not crazy about him as he's 36 and hes had his high maintenance knees, adding to Spurs collection of high maintenance hamstrings, Achilles' tendons, etc. But I don't think he's completely done either. I don't think he's coming to the Spurs though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TGY is already gearing up to post Wade's picture in a clip art post to make fun of PATFO.
    With something about Green surely. He'd love for Wade to start I imagine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a net negative on the court and had a .90 WS/48 last year.
    More win shares per 48 than both Melo and Gay. Were all on awful teams.

But the on/off numbers don't look good as you noted. Though could be based on who he was on court with.

Shooting percentage down because he forced a bunch of threes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He´s been done for ages, since Lebron left pretty much so I dont see how anyone could be excited about this fraud.
    Was total in Chicago but had a great career flopping and getting food stamps, now its time to retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always nice to be mentioned as a possible suitor but his ass isn’t coming to SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great news. We desparately need another guard. Just way too many quality bigs on this roster.

Hes right up Pops alley: 36 with very high maintenance balky knees, will need rest and minutes managed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Never tell me the odds- Kuestmaster's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So here we go again.

Spurstalk doesn't learn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade will not be a Spur, especially if Cleveland is offering a position as starter rolling out IT-Wade-LBJ-Love-Thompson when everyone is healthy. OKC can offer a similar deal with Russ-Wade-PG-Melo-Adams.

It is possible the Spurs could start Wade out of position while Tony recovers but when Tony returns Wade wouldn't start. Wade would only consider the Spurs if he wants to play to 40 by accepting a limited but productive role. It's more likely he'll go all in with a team like Cleveland or OKC with declining production then turn into LAC Paul Pierce in a year and a half.

Wade also isn't moving the needle on a championship this year enough to take minutes from the youth the Spurs already have. In order for the Spurs to be compe ive one or two of the young guys needs to blossom. I'd rather the Spurs figure out if the young ones are the garbage we fear they are now. Plus, who wants to see a 39 yr old Wade in a Spurs jersey?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We actually really need a sg more than we think. Because green always has injuries. Manu should not play any more than 20mins on any given night. And Forbes and white just cannot cut it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CLE is an easy choice for him tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because green always has injuries.
    Danny's played in 94 percent of the team's games since becoming a rotation player in 2011-2012. That's easily the best on the team for players who've played significant minutes. He's not particularly injury-prone, especially to the point that you need to account for his games but not anyone else's. Plus of course, you can't depend on Wade at all. For comparison's sake, he's only played in 80 percent of games since then.

I'm not keen to say who can't get what done for a game or too until they have a chance. Even if White and Bryn can do it, you still have Gay and Anderson taking minutes at three and Kawhi playing the two if Danny is out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn · 12m12 minutes ago

 More

As OKC makes an aggressive bid for Dwyane Wade, remember this: Paul George and Wade spent considerable time together in gym this summer.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better guard than Parker in a small ball lineup vs gsw tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade will not be a Spur, especially if Cleveland is offering a position as starter rolling out IT-Wade-LBJ-Love-Thompson when everyone is healthy. OKC can offer a similar deal with Russ-Wade-PG-Melo-Adams.

It is possible the Spurs could start Wade out of position while Tony recovers but when Tony returns Wade wouldn't start. Wade would only consider the Spurs if he wants to play to 40 by accepting a limited but productive role. It's more likely he'll go all in with a team like Cleveland or OKC with declining production then turn into LAC Paul Pierce in a year and a half.

Wade also isn't moving the needle on a championship this year enough to take minutes from the youth the Spurs already have. In order for the Spurs to be compe ive one or two of the young guys needs to blossom. I'd rather the Spurs figure out if the young ones are the garbage we fear they are now. Plus, who wants to see a 39 yr old Wade in a Spurs jersey?
    Good comments. I agree with you, but I have thought about it and tried to make sense of where his interest comes from when he's got enough ego to not consider himself below Danny Green and he's not going to displace the legend that is Manu Ginobili. He'd be getting J.Simms like minutes. The only thing that makes sense is PATFO not having much trust in the large crop if young guards they have amassed, likely getting the sense some will need one more year at least to be able to really help, if that. If you watched s guys in practice and it hasn't looked great then you give Dwade a call and find out what his demands are. Speculation of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better guard than Parker
    FIFY

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    More I think about it Wade is probably jumping around fist pumped at the very though of reteaming with LeBron in Cleveland, I would be shocked if he doesn't sign with the Cavs.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    We actually really need a sg more than we think. Because green always has injuries. Manu should not play any more than 20mins on any given night. And Forbes and white just cannot cut it.
    Chinook is right. It only seems that Green is always injured when in fact, his play is unremarkable/nonexistent and easily forgettable. I could see how you could make that mistake.

Thread Information