Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Encouraged by LMA's comments, as well as Pop's. Sheds more light on the "discontent" rumors that swirled all summer, and it sounds like both parties have acknowledged the issue and that there are things each can do to fix it.

Pop even came out and said he hasn't done a very good job of properly utilizing all of LMA's talent on offense, and I imagine adjustments will be made in that regard.

If they could work that out, it would be a huge boost to the team. The Spurs would look a lot more formidable if they could get the Portland version of LMA instead of the one from the past couple years.
    Yeah, I agree. If we could only get second-half of 2016 LMA on offense (were we doing anything different then?) and last year's defensive effort LMA would again be one of the best two-way bigs in the league.

The only thing that worries me is Manu in his vid said in reference to LMA "I hope he's here all season." Which implies the possibliity he could be moved or demand a trade is still out there, and what we see on media day is a spin to both sides' advantage. (Team harmony for the Spurs, LMA not wanting to get a rep as a cancer). Speculation on my part. Hope the wounds have healed and LMA has a Portland season as you say. When Kawhi was in during Game 1 of the Dubs series, LMA looked awesome. Would love to see THAT team against the Warriors in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's go!

We are gonna win the le!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ball was about to get away from Green at the end.
    Literally spit my drink out.

Am I the only one who actually likes the new jerseys?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beside passing the ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think the jerseys look good. Still not sold on the lettering of the new logo though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lamarcus looks great ... so fit ... and thin

Plus, did you see the outline of his package through his shorts??!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, I like them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Kawhi using a sleeve?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On another note, Pop starting to look more and more like Lord Barristan.

One of my fav characters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Broken arm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he get AIDS too?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People commented on it during the summer. It jives with him saying he's worked on his body, which to be honestly is really more important than any skill he could learn at this point. His biggest thing outside of conditioning is his on-court tendencies, and he obviously needs to be in a team setting to really develop those.
    I couldn't really hear too well in that video above that Jabari put up on twitter, but I think LMA said the big thing was he didn't have any injuries going into the off-season that had to heal up, so he was able to workout more. Maybe he had nagging injuries is previous off-seasons that he was trying to let heal up which may have held back his ability to workout? Didn't he have knee issue going into last off-season? I can't remember. I think it was his thumb or one of his fingers the off-season before that after leaving Portland.

I really don't know if I'm making an excuse for him, or if certain injuries the previous to off-seasons made him hold back on his workouts. Maybe he could have still worked out, but chose to rest those injuries more thinking that was the better decision, kind of using them as an excuse to spend less time in the gym.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is tiresome.
    Please elaborate.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the lettering on the new jerseys, it looks strange with no outlines on the letters and outlines on the numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the lettering on the new jerseys, it looks strange with no outlines on the letters and outlines on the numbers.
    The tiny numbers is my biggest gripe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he get AIDS too?
    Nah , his girl is clean and he wore a mask in China tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing A Kawhi is painful to watch give interviews

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing A Kawhi is painful to watch give interviews
    Well that's actually better than usual though. You can tell he's at least trying to be more comfortable doing it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zsa zsa bit him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Paul is getting a ton of exposure for some reason.
    He's going to turn some heads this year...

Pop is high on him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Paul is one of the guys I'm most excited about. All I've seen of him is some very limited Summer League footage, but from that very, very limited footage, I really like what I've seen. He looks like a dynamic player that can do a little bit of everything on offense. Does anyone here have anymore extensive knowledge on him? Does he defend?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu saying he thinks Murray is going to be an all star is pretty high praise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its interesting pop also praised Forbes. The wade rumours now doesn't make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Paul is one of the guys I'm most excited about. All I've seen of him is some very limited Summer League footage, but from that very, very limited footage, I really like what I've seen. He looks like a dynamic player that can do a little bit of everything on offense. Does anyone here have anymore extensive knowledge on him? Does he defend?
    I do not. I have also seen very limited video from summer league but he was one of the best players at the tournament. I dug up a little bit on the internet about him bc I was curious why he didn't surface as a potential NBA prospect until now (hes 26), but he was in the dleague a few years ago and was injured midseason. He lost that season bc he needed surgery. He was later picked up by a team in Europe and he got injured again. Between the rehab and surgeries he just lost a couple of seasons and slipped under the radar. He was picked up by a team in Russia at some point and was in the very deep bench, not playing, and struggled with feeling isolated due to the culture.

I do harbor some concern about his injury history TBQH, but he's definitely been playing well. I have read Spurs coaching staff are high on him and expect him to be a great find, in line with prior roleplayers they have uncovered in similar fashion.

I saw a breakdown from an analytics guy and the numbers he put out in summer league made him stand out as a player. I do expect him to play well, but I can't say I saw him, nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was revealing Manu said Spurs have been very careful with Rudy and he hadn't been cleared for in court basketball in order to preserve him but them at he's been cleared for training camp. Maybe the poster who said he will be brought along with minutes increasing gradually had a point.

Thread Information