My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has all the feels of the mid 90's SPURS squad's that had players on the rosters like "Cadillac Anderson", "Jaren Jackson" and "Derrick Anderson". Only name only big name on the roster at that time was " The Admiral "..
    "Vinny" & "AD" where on those rosters so will not knock them, as i was a fan of them...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So eloquent ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball is a much faster tempo these days. Not comparable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has all the feels of the mid 90's SPURS squad's that had players on the rosters like "Cadillac Anderson", "Jaren Jackson" and "Derrick Anderson". Only name only big name on the roster at that time was " The Admiral "..
    "Vinny" & "AD" where on those rosters so will not knock them, as i was a fan of them...
    Willie Anderson?

I'm pretty sure Derek Anderson played in the early 2000s.

Basketball is a much faster tempo these days. Not comparable.
    He's talking about having a bunch of no-names surrounding the one marquee guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is a big name.

Gasol is a big name.

Gay is a big name.

Parker and Ginobili are still big names, even at the tail of their career.

Sure, its not Durant/Curry/Thompson, or Westbrook/George/Anthony, but it's not like we are trotting the goddamn Washington Generals out there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derek Anderson was on the 2001 team and he was a very good player for the Spurs until that piece of Juwan Howard separated his shoulder in the playoffs. Who knows what would have happened if he was healthy. He was a good fit on the Spurs and he said it before joining the team. It's too bad things didn't work out with him.

As to you point, yeah, I don't really want to go back to the 90s Spurs and it seems like that is the kind of team they're building. I mentioned it numerous times after the failed off-season that Kawhi might end up like the Admiral carrying a huge load, and if the Spurs can't get a decent team around him, he may as well think about going back home to play when his current contract is up. I'm pretty sure either LA team will draw bigger stars to play with him and will also pay the necessary money to get them.

Thread Information