San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is amazing.
    in bed?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao "help them". This isn't comparable to a sit in with the direct goal of access. This is comparable to 1‰ wallstreet protests in that it brought attention to something but will go nowhere from there. Only many people realize issues in the black community and a great majority don't realize how much wealth continually gets consolidated into the few at top. So awareness is less of an issue. It's just complex issue with minimal ability for the individual to do anything. That's why it takes time. That's just the reality when it comes non direct changes. They are in fact receiving help and that's why they are protesting issues that have been improving. Overall it's very ineffective protest and while inflaming like a sit in it's completely different. There is no direct change. You can very much be for the recognition of these issues and very against the protest. Which can't really be said about a sit in for access.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say this:

Lmao "help them". This isn't comparable to a sit in with the direct goal of access. This is comparable to 1‰ wallstreet protests in that it brought attention to something but will go nowhere from there
    And this:

It's just complex issue with minimal ability for the individual to do anything.
    The latter explains the former. No, you or I cannot change much. It would take stronger government oversight to do anything. But what we can do is put pressure on our government to give them what they want so that they'll shut up. Sit-ins were inconvenient, which is why they caused an issue in the first place. Then of course, people were galled, because "How dare you step out of your place and sit where you aren't supposed to? I don't want politics during my meals."

They are in fact receiving help and that's why they are protesting issues that have been improving.
    If you don't think police brutality is an issue, that's one thing. But if it is an issue, then saying "Shut up; they're working on it," is ridiculous.

You can very much be for the recognition of these issues and very against the protest.
    You could think the same thing about sit-ins too. It's just nowadays such a thought is so ridiculous that we dismiss it.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say this:

And this:

The latter explains the former. No, you or I cannot change much. It would take stronger government oversight to do anything. But what we can do is put pressure on our government to give them what they want so that they'll shut up. Sit-ins were inconvenient, which is why they caused an issue in the first place. Then of course, people were galled, because "How dare you step out of your place and sit where you aren't supposed to? I don't want politics during my meals."

If you don't think police brutality is an issue, that's one thing. But if it is an issue, then saying "Shut up; they're working on it," is ridiculous.

You could think the same thing about sit-ins too. It's just nowadays such a thought is so ridiculous that we dismiss it.
    Police brutality isn't increasing. It's one of issues I stated as improving. Yeah, it's an issue and not entirely about race. It's heavily skewed for race and gender because that's how police assess the threat. Solution should be a combination of cams and training.

I never said shut up. I just disagree with the execution of the protest.

Yes, you can think the same about sit-ins but it's more difficult considering if you agree they should have access a non violent but forced access to highlight the desire for access isn't unreasonable. More importantly there is no mixing of waters. You protesting on the platform that is supposed to be protested. I completely disagree that the anthem is the time and platform to push agenda. There will literally always be a reason to protest. Of course don't partipate if you don't want. But if you want to make platform x your platform to advocate for y expect push back. Sure if you don't care about platform x it won't bother you. A sit in is like making platform x your platform to advocate for access to platform x. Completely different types of execution of a protest. And just because both may piss people off that doesn't mean that both are effective. Since I already mentioned the protest notice the 1‰ protest took place on the wall St platform. Platform matters and this is a terrible platform for a public protest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you not get what he means by that? He's saying that white people have to be on board for anything to change in their country, because they are the privileged class with the legislative power. The only way they are going to enact that change is if they are no longer comfortable with the status quo. That's why those SC sit-ins had to happen at white-own businesses. If they had only affected black people or friendly people, then the people who could do something would just ignore them.

He's not saying, "Attack white people, because they caused this." He's saying, "Don't let them forget what's going on, because we need their help."

The thesis for kneeling was to raise awareness about racial equality. So yes, it was a race discussion from jump street. What people don't say enough is that it's supposed to be offensive. It's supposed to make people feel like those guys don't respect the US, because they don't. They don't respect a country where the things they're protesting still happen. They don't want to stop until the issue is resolved, so if you want them to stop, help them.

This is Protesting 101. Everything is actually going the way it's supposed to. If anything, it's not tense enough.
    Race discussion is a lot more complicated than what you are saying and to conclude that white people are the ones that need changing to fix the problems in the African American communities that are suffering is overstated and ignores problems in those communities that are not solely a consequence of white power. I've heard the white privilege arguments, and while there is some truth to them, they are also so subjective that there is no way to ameliorate them by simply saying we need reparations or affirmative action or some other mechanism to "level the playing field." Who decides what a level playing field is and who decides when we get there? To the BLM extremists, all ails in their community are a matter of white privilege. They never combine to address their community's issue with gun violence or fatherless families. And when those issues are raised, they scream racism because the only thing responsible for their predicament is white power in their minds.

I don't have a problem with kneeling. It doesnt steer me to their cause, but it also doesn't make me want to turn off the TV. And I completely disagree with what Trump said. Kneeling or standing or whatever in the presence of the flag is individual. Let each person honor or dishonor the flag how they choose. But that doesn't mean I like Pop preaching in press conferences about white power. He's white power. Why doesn't he step down and give his job to an African American coach? His lectures are unnecessary and condescending. They certainly aren't persuasive. And leave them out of the Spurs press conference. Go give an interview with the Daily Beast and do your preaching.

The flag kneeling was about protesting police shooting black men. That's what started it all. That's why the police unions were pissed at the kneeling. It's why Cap wore socks with pigs dressed as police. But it didn't raise awareness so much as piss people off and make them resistant to hear anything about equality. It was largely ineffective and probably counterproductive. Not that I do not sympathize with driving while black or brown makes you more prone to be pulled over or worse, be mistakenly shot. There are reforms that need to happen, and those can be addressed without dividing us. Cap divided people when he kneeled. Trump kept it going when he ordered them not to kneel. Ultimately, it will all die out and nothing will change. Players are already deciding to stand for the pledge and fans don't care if they lock arms to show unity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll say it again, until some of these message board PATRIOTS get out and lend a hand in ALL American communities nothing will ever change. I was in the service and I know that the citizens & their rights trump the flag.......the irony! All of us are why the flag is relevant in the first place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People define what items are symbolic; not the other way around!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats the request and whats the action?
    Therein lies the problem. There is no request there is no action. Half the people think the message is about race the other think police brutality, the reality is its socioeconomic hidden by ignorance due to media influence so nothing will change. Been a socioeconomic issue since the biggining and will continue to be due to the ignorance of the people wanting change. They keep themselves down and call it ins uitional.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Therein lies the problem. There is no request there is no action. Half the people think the message is about race the other think police brutality, the reality is its socioeconomic hidden by ignorance due to media influence so nothing will change. Been a socioeconomic issue since the biggining and will continue to be due to the ignorance of the people wanting change. They keep themselves down and call it ins uitional.
    Being that you know the issues, what have YOU done to help invoke change? It's funny how you speak as if these people aren't just like you and I........Americans!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop being patriotic when it's convenient; glass house with a pocket full of rocks��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The term racist doesn't even have any meaning behind it anymore. Today it's just a term for someone who has different beliefs than a liberal tbh.
    Bunch a cry babies just mad Trump won the election. Literally nothing bad has happened except for lib s throwing tantrums in the streets. It's a trend now to hate Trump, and the majority of this country, politically, are sheep.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The term racist doesn't even have any meaning behind it anymore. Today it's just a term for someone who has different beliefs than a liberal tbh.
    Bunch a cry babies just mad Trump won the election. Literally nothing bad has happened except for lib s throwing tantrums in the streets. It's a trend now to hate Trump, and the majority of this country, politically, are sheep.
    I guess you don't comprehend well; support who you support that's the reason why we fight for citizens rights. Can you answer the question concerning what you've done to help your country? We are all waiting to hear........ maybe you'll inspire vs just talking to be talking.
    Last edited by Atl Spur; 09-30-2017 at 08:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UNBELIEVABLE, Black on Black murder is FAR more common, 10000 to 1, then White or Police murder on Blacks. If Blacks would put as much effort into ending the massive Black on Black murder, drug and crime rates and if Blacks could put as much effort into Education, Family values and Hard work they could solve ALL their problems. Yet, the blame game is their only agenda, taking responsibility for their own actions never crosses their minds. ALL protests of every kind are B.S. and phony, but then that's what you get when you think Obama, Al Sharpton and Maxine Waters are you leaders They have led Blacks back into slavery to the welfare system, drugs and murder. My proof, do White people have problems, YES, but White people don't burn, protest, destroy and loot when White trash gets shot by police, White people say he deserved what he got. TRY research on Alveda King, Jim Brown, David Clark and Stacy Dash for HONEST answers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans are Americans be it black, white, brown etc........ When/If you do your part in helping all Americans than we can talk. Every group in America has their own issues for sure but it is up to the citizens as well as government in America to lend a hand where they can. It's not right to look down upon or cast aspersions onto people......... If you don't know these people please keep their names out of your mouth. Just saying...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna need you to do better Sir........ Ducks is it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans are Americans be it black, white, brown etc........ When/If you do your part in helping all Americans than we can talk. Every group in America has their own issues for sure but it is up to the citizens as well as government in America to lend a hand where they can. It's not right to look down upon or cast aspersions onto people......... If you don't know these people please keep their names out of your mouth. Just saying...
    This thread was started to praise pop. If you can't cast aspersions for people you don't know, then you can't cast praise them either. What if Pop is a really a closet racist who loves to coach black guys because it makes him feels like a slave owner, and runs his mouth to hide that fact? We don't really know, do we?

"What have you done" does not end the discussion here like you think it does. It's an internet forum for discussion.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being that you know the issues, what have YOU done to help invoke change? It's funny how you speak as if these people aren't just like you and I........Americans!
    Again, im not seeking change. And thats YOUR problem if you are. Watching these people protests in any cause annoys me. It does nothing to want me to help any cause. But youve just proven my point. Instead of going out and actually creating change you seek, you are wasting your time responding to internet opinions. AGAIN keeping yourself down by arguing instead of doing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    atl_spur and chinook are spitting hot fiya in here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you don't comprehend well; support who you support that's the reason why we fight for citizens rights. Can you answer the question concerning what you've done to help your country? We are all waiting to hear........ maybe you'll inspire vs just talking to be talking.
    Comprehend well? Explain.
    I pay my taxes. I stand for America.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they can print enough stamps to cover Porker's food budget, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, im not seeking change. And thats YOUR problem if you are. Watching these people protests in any cause annoys me. It does nothing to want me to help any cause. But youve just proven my point. Instead of going out and actually creating change you seek, you are wasting your time responding to internet opinions. AGAIN keeping yourself down by arguing instead of doing...
    First it was CHANGE, when it wasnt possible to do it because they were not that smart the only thing left was HOPE, now is all about WHINE.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boycott the NFL
    Boycott Hamilton musical
    Boycott Starbucks
    Boycott Kellogg's Cereal boxes
    Boycott Marshall's

Find a and suck on it. Throw away the pacifier son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Among that group, I guess only Pop has been authentic and concerned about this country. But of course, he's not on the cover.
    Pop is full of too. This didn't just start, but Pop did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is amazing.
    If Pop was a black man, would you think the same? When a white man comes along and expresses white guilt, a multimillionaire telling low to middle class white Americans they have a head start on low to middle class black Americans, that's not a message that most working folks want to hear. So Pop has worked with rich blacks who have experienced racism and Pop has gotten rich in the process. Who's got a head start again?

Got nothing against Pop, but he's not Nelson Mandela just for saying something in the safety of the moment.

Thread Information