Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    uhm, white people are the ones who voted trump in. that should not have happened no matter who he was running against.
    And who voted Obama in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm half expecting to tune in to next week's games and see football players simultaneously patting the top of their heads while rubbing their bellies in a show of unity.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously can someone explain to me what is so disrespectful about kneeling in front of the flag and anthem???

Its actually pretty respectful. We used to do that in front of kings

The whole argument is ing re ed
    Agreed. Considering the same assholes are drinking beer on their couch when the anthem comes on to begin with.

Wah, wah, wah. You shouldn't protest at work, they should be fired because I would be if I protested, etc. Well I never had to stand up for the anthem before my shift either sticks.

I am not sure where we went wrong in thinking a piece of cloth is more meaningful than the citizens who live under it or why some people are such pussies about others exercising the exact freedoms it is supposed to represent.

I would not have chose to kneel but I also have no issues with those who do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok if it's just "cloth" then why were people so offended of confederate flag?? Why remove it? It's just cloth?

Double standard.
    One being a symbol of racism while the other is representative of the exact freedoms pussies are attempting to silence. Other than that I agree, they are both just cloth.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmfao toothless conservatives crying about an anthem when they're too busy stuffing their fat faces and taking breaks at home during the anthem.

Stay mad and let yalls uncle dad know how you feel.
    Last edited by TheGreatYacht; 09-27-2017 at 02:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whole movement - Standing, not standing, kneeling, sitting, locking arms, hiding in tunnels, asking fans to lock arms - all of this stuff is an ass-whip of epic proportions. The good that may have come from Kapernick's initial act is LOST. People don't even know what all the bull is about anymore. Is this a protest against the oppression of African-Americans, police brutality, a call for equality or an act of unity against Donald Trump's divisive comments? Who the knows anymore?

What I do know, is that something I enjoyed, something I appreciated as an escape from real life has now become a ridiculous, political battleground. I'm half expecting to tune in to next week's games and see football players simultaneously patting the top of their heads while rubbing their bellies in a show of unity.
    Oppression of African-Americans, police brutality, and a call for equality can all essentially be boiled down to one point. Trump made it about him so it turned into an act of unity against President Halfwit. God forbid real people with real opinions express them and ruin your fantasy land of athletic muscled bound men playing a game.

They are kneeling during the anthem. Just skip that part and watch the game you ing baby. Or don't. I don't think they much care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who voted Obama in?
    Not the people who voted Trump in, that's for damn sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich has gone off the deep end,senile old fool
    Whiteness as a construct?!? Lmfao whiteness is a cultural iden y that for the last few hundred years has given the world its greatest advances in education,science,technology etc.You name it white folks invented it.
    Like any of you have lived or experienced life in a ty MENA country where you have to walk 5 miles plus just to get to school if there even is one,no doctors,societies riven with ethnic and tribal hatred.Countries where you have to bribe anyone in govt. to do the littlest goddamned thing.
    Its called CIVIL SOCIETY and we( Western whites) have thrown of the shackles of patrimony, feudalism, tribalism etc at great cost and bloodshed to ourselves to achieve it

Sure the rest of the non educatedasses would like us to give up what we have but that's just a power construct,every group wants it but few have the education and willingness to maintain it.

There's a reason everyone wants to come to the Western world,its the best most highly educated place to live bar none.White people made it,get over it and used to it.

Or you can always go back to bum nowhere and be a subsistence farmer,fishermen or market trader, your choice but that would require you to take responsibility for yourself instead of blaming Whitey for everything.

Fun fact,the KKK in its reconstruction heyday in total killed about the same amount of blacks in 60 years that black people kill themselves(guns,drugs,robbery etc.) In ONE YEAR!!! Pathetic and you wonder why people don't take BLM seriously,its because black people don't even value their own lives sadly.And don't blame whitey,I've lived in American inner cities and lived first hand the awful cannibalization these communities commit.
    There is no excuse for that behavior, no one makes you smoke crack,steal everything that isn't nailed down,strip the damn copper tubing from your own children's schools its abhorrent and unforgivable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a moral compass he is, being such a good friend of Bill "crazy cigar" Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whiteness as a construct?!? Lmfao whiteness is a cultural iden y that for the last few hundred years has given the world its greatest advances in education,science,technology etc.You name it white folks invented it.
    Like any of you have lived or experienced life in a ty MENA country where you have to walk 5 miles plus just to get to school if there even is one,no doctors,societies riven with ethnic and tribal hatred.Countries where you have to bribe anyone in govt. to do the littlest goddamned thing.
    Its called CIVIL SOCIETY and we( Western whites) have thrown of the shackles of patrimony, feudalism, tribalism etc at great cost and bloodshed to ourselves to achieve it

Sure the rest of the non educatedasses would like us to give up what we have but that's just a power construct,every group wants it but few have the education and willingness to maintain it.

There's a reason everyone wants to come to the Western world,its the best most highly educated place to live bar none.White people made it,get over it and used to it.

Or you can always go back to bum nowhere and be a subsistence farmer,fishermen or market trader, your choice but that would require you to take responsibility for yourself instead of blaming Whitey for everything.

Fun fact,the KKK in its reconstruction heyday in total killed about the same amount of blacks in 60 years that black people kill themselves(guns,drugs,robbery etc.) In ONE YEAR!!! Pathetic and you wonder why people don't take BLM seriously,its because black people don't even value their own lives sadly.And don't blame whitey,I've lived in American inner cities and lived first hand the awful cannibalization these communities commit.
    There is no excuse for that behavior, no one makes you smoke crack,steal everything that isn't nailed down,strip the damn copper tubing from your own children's schools its abhorrent and unforgivable.
    And yet black people can play in the Nba Nfl MLB and make millions, they can get education, jobs idk what the is he complaining about.
    Last edited by Mikeanaro; 09-27-2017 at 02:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol stfu you delusional piece of . We whites? LMAO. WTF have you ever done besides fall out of rancid white pussy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of this matters, it never did. In the end the Dark One will have his way and all of you, as beautifully complex as your emotions are, are merely pawns in a game you don't understand. Pawns of fate. How sad that such sweet and emotional opinions mean nothing. Ah, but it was not my choice to make things as they are, it merely is, and I see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet black people can play in the Nba Nfl MLB and make millions, they can get education, jobs idk what the is he complaining about.
    They had no choice. Superior genetics saved those sports

Anyways....

ROFL Argentina boy obsessed with US politics. Get your own 3rd world hole in order first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how argies think they're white you might be white in south America but you're just another bean in the USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how argies think they're white you might be white in south America but you're just another bean in the USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had no choice. Superior genetics saved those sports

Anyways....
    Damn that's still way better than Danny Green!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whole movement - Standing, not standing, kneeling, sitting, locking arms, hiding in tunnels, asking fans to lock arms - all of this stuff is an ass-whip of epic proportions. The good that may have come from Kapernick's initial act is LOST. People don't even know what all the bull is about anymore. Is this a protest against the oppression of African-Americans, police brutality, a call for equality or an act of unity against Donald Trump's divisive comments? Who the knows anymore?

What I do know, is that something I enjoyed, something I appreciated as an escape from real life has now become a ridiculous, political battleground. I'm half expecting to tune in to next week's games and see football players simultaneously patting the top of their heads while rubbing their bellies in a show of unity.
    You should listen to Shannon Sharpe's take.
    You can find the video on YT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing that is certain is that social media has created an impulsively reactionary society in which people do not apply a single bit of thought or logic before they spout off numerous comments.

Change will never be found in the extreme right or exreme left, as they will never budge. Change will come from people of differing viewpoints who are not afraid to sit, listen, and process information from the opposing side.

All the blow hards do is continue to cause more stress to an already tenuous situation.

Pop had the right to make his comments, as did Richard Petty. If Petty were to fire a member of his team due to his reasoning, the ACLU would then have the justifiable right to seek a lawsuit against him.

Protest is a protected right, and just because people may protest in a manner the majority thinks is wrong, does not make the protest illegal, no matter how unpopular we deem the cause or method of protest to be. As long as it is peaceful it is legal.

Smh, I guess we need to regress back to May 4th 1970 Kent State University for some people to figure it out, although i highly doubt they would even understand after that.
    Last edited by callo1; 09-27-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop talking down to white people telling them they need to be made uncomfortable. So in touch. He's a millionaire coach that lives in a mansion and owns a winery hanging around a bunch of millionaire minorities that have been treated like gods all their lives because they're athletes. Yes, the rest of us all live together and you live in a castle far from common people. But I'm sure you stepped out of your limo and gone to teach underprivileged kids basketball for an hour once every summer so you can claim to be awoke.

If he keeps lecturing people on how awoke he is and how no one else gets it, Spurs need to let him go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie sanders was the best choice. Whether someone likes him or not, That dude is as genuine as it comes. He wasn't a corporate who operated pursuant to the interests of greed aot corporate influence.

Black people ed that up. They stereotypically hated him cause he was an old white guy I reckon. Still can't understand. Black folks dropped the ball on this one. They deserve the ultimate blame why trump slid into the ing whitehouse.
    y'all find a way to blame black people for everything

i could have sworn it was middle class white males in the rust belt who dropped the ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the media day is for spurs not politics he is on the spurs time for that NOT HIS

people want to know spurs plans not his political views
    Exactly. Enough of the Pop-itics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Enough of the Pop-itics.
    Pop has the right to speak his mind just like Trump.
    Actually I'd say Pop did it in a more responsible manner.

Also if you do not like what Pop said, then you do not have to watch, listen or read it.
    I'm sure that won't be hard for you to do.

IMHO TBH FWIW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . God forbid real people with real opinions express them and ruin your fantasy land of athletic muscled bound men playing a game.
    "fantasy land of athletic muscle bound men"? You're in the wrong forum shiny lips. I'm sure you can find a safe-place on the interwebs to discuss your repressed sexual desires. Don't bring that into a discussion of anthem & flag protesting.

Take your hand out of your pants for a second and observe how grown-ups opine -

In an effort to bring about awareness to breast cancer, the NFL teamed up with American Cancer Society and decided to wear Pink colored uniform accessories. It was a simple AND effective way to send an important message. It's not divisive, doesn't take away from the game or invite negative feelings and raises money for a good cause. Compare that movement to what is going on now.

How difficult would it have been to rally the Players association in to doing something similar?
    Last edited by tmtcsc; 09-27-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Thread Information