Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Sadly this performance has been nothing new for Newton as this has been one of the worst starts to the quarterback's career. Through the first three games, he's thrown for only 566 yards—the worst output of his career during that period—and has only two passing touchdowns, something he hasn't done since the opening of his sop re season back in 2012. His yards per attempt (6.82) and his quarterback rating (69.7) are both career lows (through the first three games).

However, while these numbers may sound bad—and they are, I'm not pretending they're not—they aren't exactly foreign to Cam Newton. As just a passer, Newton is actually not great. He has a career completion percentage of 58.5, has only one 4,000 passing yard season (his rookie year oddly enough), and has never thrown under 10 interceptions in a season. Last year, thirteen quarterbacks threw over 4,000 yards and nineteen threw 20 or more touchdowns. Newton did neither.

https://www.faketeams.com/2017/9/27/...ime-to-move-on

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    This coming from the guy who said.....Tom Savage THE BEST QB IN TEXAS PERIOD....?

Dude, you ever looked at Derek Anderson's stats, a guy you said should start over Newton? Try....60td's and 60ints. His QB rating a terrible...71.1.

Newton is better than half the QB's in the league right now.

Dude, do you EVER kick back and let things go on for awhile before playing your ROOKIE bull ?

My fav...

Avante...keep an eye on speedster Tyreek Hill (now look at him)
    Clipper Nation....hahaha a muff.

What happened next stupid.....75 yard TOUCHDOWN~~~ (a smart man waits until the game is over before running their mouth, not your dumb ass)

How many 4000 seasons did Montana have, try....0. Now before ya.....different era....keep in mind Marino has five 4000 yard seasons and a 5000 yard season, who thinks Marino was better than Montana?

It works like this stupid.....

A bad team is in constant catch up so they MUST pass and pass and pass. Good teams can work on protecting that lead, yep....run run run.

That was a free lesson son.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-27-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Post Count
    chirp chirp

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    A bad team is in constant catch up so they MUST pass and pass and pass. Good teams can work on protecting that lead, yep....run run run.

That was a free lesson son.
    That's how Drew Brees has gotten most of his yards the past several years.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    cluck cluck

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

translation

What in the was I thinking, yep, I know nothing about QBing, should have listened to you Avante, you nailed it as usual.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    That's how Drew Brees has gotten most of his yards the past several years.
    Brees has always put up big yards whether on good teams or losing teams. He broke Marino's single season record on a 13-3 team. That's the nature of Payton's offense.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    white media happy to semen shield for Luck for multiple seasons but cam has bad shoulder and they're calling for his head less than a month in predictable tbh

Post Count
    white media happy to semen shield for Luck for multiple seasons but cam has bad shoulder and they're calling for his head less than a month in predictable tbh
    "White media" has written off Luck as a Ryan Tannehill clone. Meanwhile, they make every excuse in the book for Wilson, Newton and Prescott, and give them all the credit when their stacked teams win in spite of them.

Gotta love how there's always the injury excuse for Scam. The truth is that his style of play is why he's always injured all the time. Favre retired at age 41, Peyton retired at age 39, Kurt Warner retired at age 38, Brady will play well into his 40s. Seems like old-school pocket passing is still the best way to extend your career.
    Last edited by Clipper Nation; 09-30-2017 at 10:01 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Brees has always put up big yards whether on good teams or losing teams. He broke Marino's single season record on a 13-3 team. That's the nature of Payton's offense.
    that was a crazy good season for QB play, yeah I remember that year... NFC was sooooo stacked at the top that year and, crazier thing is the Saints should have been 15-1 given that they lost to 2 awful teams that year.

The "worst" team in that year's NFC playoff picture ended up winning the Super Bowl. Crazy year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    "White media" has written off Luck as a Ryan Tannehill clone. Meanwhile, they make every excuse in the book for Wilson, Newton and Prescott, and give them all the credit when their stacked teams win in spite of them.

Gotta love how there's always the injury excuse for Scam. The truth is that his style of play is why he's always injured all the time. Favre retired at age 41, Peyton retired at age 39, Kurt Warner retired at age 38, Brady will play well into his 40s. Seems like old-school pocket passing is still the best way to extend your career.
    and Luck might not make it to 30. What's his excuse? Offensive line? He's mostly a pocket passer. He's basically Wentz but put on a better offense (basically Peyton's old offense) to start his career and then it crumbled like a stale cookie.

Excuses

Offensive line - Luck, Wilson
    Self inflicted injury - Newton, Griffin III, Vick etc.

Prescott really isn't a running QB if you actually watch the games.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    and Luck might not make it to 30. What's his excuse? Offensive line? He's mostly a pocket passer. He's basically Wentz but put on a better offense (basically Peyton's old offense) to start his career and then it crumbled like a stale cookie.

Excuses

Offensive line - Luck, Wilson
    Self inflicted injury - Newton, Griffin III, Vick etc.

Prescott really isn't a running QB if you actually watch the games.
    he had like 15 rushes less than wilson last year

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he had like 15 rushes less than wilson last year
    Wilson ran a career low number of times last year due to injuries to both legs that hampered him last year.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It's so damn simple.

So much easier to defend a QB who can't hurt you with his legs. It really is just that simple. If the defense knows the guy will just be standing there.....now think.

What will Dak Precott, Russell Wilson, Desuen Watson, be doing at 3rd and 3? We all know what Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Matt Ryan will be doing.

Too many great athletes on defense in todays game to have an unathletic QB back there , , just common sense. Aaron Rodgers makes so many big plays because of his mobility.

The colleges get this, this is why....

Alabama
    Clemson
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma

...have mobile QB's

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's so damn simple.

So much easier to defend a QB who can't hurt you with his legs. It really is just that simple. If the defense knows the guy will just be standing there.....now think.

What will Dak Precott, Russell Wilson, Desuen Watson, be doing at 3rd and 3? We all know what Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Matt Ryan will be doing.

Too many great athletes on defense in todays game to have an unathletic QB back there , , just common sense. Aaron Rodgers makes so many big plays because of his mobility.

The colleges get this, this is why....

Alabama
    Clemson
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma

...have mobile QB's
    Uh...a mobile QB in college is way different

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Uh...a mobile QB in college is way different
    No .

Dude, where does the NFL get their QB's, now think.

If ya kept up with the HS game you'd know where the position is heading and has been heading. Standing tall in the pocket with no running ability simply won't work anymore, you have to make a defense question....run or pass......ok rookie? Not saying a guy has to be a 4.3 sprinter, I am sating the guy will need to be able to extend plays and escape a pass rush.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No .

Dude, where does the NFL get their QB's, now think.

If ya kept up with the HS game you'd know where the position is heading and has been heading. Standing tall in the pocket with no running ability simply won't work anymore, you have to make a defense question....run or pass......ok rookie? Not saying a guy has to be a 4.3 sprinter, I am sating the guy will need to be able to extend plays and escape a pass rush.
    Dude...you know better than that. A great athlete can dominate a high school game. And even into college, he's playing a pretty diluted field. At the pro level, it takes more than running around willy nilly. How many modern running QB have shown long term dominance? Or even multiple SB's. It's not sustainable. When have you seen a running QB have a successful career through his 30's?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dude...you know better than that. A great athlete can dominate a high school game. And even into college, he's playing a pretty diluted field. At the pro level, it takes more than running around willy nilly. How many modern running QB have shown long term dominance? Or even multiple SB's. It's not sustainable. When have you seen a running QB have a successful career through his 30's?
    Fran Tarkenton Hall of Fame
    Sid Luckman Hall of Fame
    Roger Staubach Hall of Fame
    Warren Moon Hall of Fame
    Steve Young Hall of Fame
    Aaron Rodgers future Hall of Fame

Look at all the records/NFL firsts Russell Wilson has for a guy with his amount of experience.

Pay attention....

I'm not talking about running the read option, ok? I'm talking about simply planting the seed that you can run and will if the situation is right....ok? We all know what QB's won't even be thinking about running at 3rd and 3, so what's the defense do?

And, I am talking about where things are going, ok? More and more mobile QB's are already playing in the league. The Eli Mannings, Tom Bradys, Jay Cutlers, Drew Brees are being weeded out.

Tony Romo is out, enter....mobile QB. What do the Texans have now? What do the Bills, Buc's, Seahawks, Browns, Chiefs, Packers, soon to be Bears, Lions all have?
    Last edited by Avante; 10-01-2017 at 01:50 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cam beat Brady, mono-a-mono... gotta give it up to the tall & talented dabbin' BQB.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    When will you rookies figure this out? GIVE THINGS SOME DAMN TIME...ok? 2/3 weeks......nay~~ it always takes 4-6 weeks to get things rolling..................................honest~~~

Newton is a middle of the pack NFL talent, one of the top 16 best QB's in the world, and only a ing rookie like this got Clipper Nation can't see that.

National JC champion at Blinn
    NCAA champion at Auburn
    Heisman winner
    NFL MVP
    SB QB

Only an idiot like CN wouldn't get it.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-02-2017 at 02:09 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If any team needs to move on it;s the Ravens, Joe Flacco sucks.

BUT............I'm not a rookie so I wait and see if he snaps out of this funk. That's what experience is about.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Cam beat Brady, mono-a-mono... gotta give it up to the tall & talented dabbin' BQB.
    Patriots defense is literally the worst in the league. Nothing special to drop 30 on them.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Sadly this performance has been nothing new for Newton as this has been one of the worst starts to the quarterback's career. Through the first three games, he's thrown for only 566 yards—the worst output of his career during that period—and has only two passing touchdowns, something he hasn't done since the opening of his sop re season back in 2012. His yards per attempt (6.82) and his quarterback rating (69.7) are both career lows (through the first three games).

However, while these numbers may sound bad—and they are, I'm not pretending they're not—they aren't exactly foreign to Cam Newton. As just a passer, Newton is actually not great. He has a career completion percentage of 58.5, has only one 4,000 passing yard season (his rookie year oddly enough), and has never thrown under 10 interceptions in a season. Last year, thirteen quarterbacks threw over 4,000 yards and nineteen threw 20 or more touchdowns. Newton did neither.

https://www.faketeams.com/2017/9/27/...ime-to-move-on

Thread Information