My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top Trump staffers failed to file financial reports on their way out the door

WASHINGTON
    Several of President Donald Trump’s top aides — including former chief strategist Steve Bannon and former deputy assistant to the president Sebastian Gorka — have failed to file legally required financial reports after they were dismissed this summer, according to the White House.

Reince Priebus, the former chief of staff, filed his report this week, according to a White House official, after McClatchy requested his form multiple times and reached out to him for comment. Priebus left the administration in late July, and the filing came well beyond the 30-day deadline for filing these reports.

In total, at least four senior White House staffers have not filed termination reports, which outline their financial activity while serving in the White House. They include Ezra Cohen-Watnick, who served as senior director for intelligence programs for the National Security Council for seven months, and Middle East adviser Derek Harvey, who served on the National Security Council for six months, according to the White House and the Office of Government Ethics.

A spokesman for Bannon, Arthur Schwartz, said in an email that Bannon did file, but he did not provide timing on when Bannon did so. White House records, however, on Wednesday show that Bannon still had not filed.

Government observers have long complained that the administration has failed to make ethics a priority by allowing officials, including Trump son-in-law and top adviser Jared Kushner, to retain certain business interests, turn in financial disclosure forms late and spend money at the president’s hotels and resorts.  

“It is fairly obvious that there is a general lack of respect for the ethics laws and the values they represent that starts at the top of the administration,” said Larry Noble, senior director, ethics and general counsel of the Campaign Legal Center. “It is seen in the president’s conflicts of interest, actions and statements, the number of times Jared Kushner has had to amend his ethics reports and the conflicts of interest that plague many of the president’s appointees.”

Since the start of the term, a flurry of staffers have left the White House, many who were ousted by Trump, as he has tried to respond to a series of problems, including infighting, a lack of legislative achievements and multiple investigations into Russian connections to his presidential campaign team.

Federal law requires certain executive branch employees to file termination reports within 30 days if they have worked for more than 60 days. The reports provide information about potential conflicts of interest that existed when the staffer was employed by the government and any arrangements the staffer had for future employment once leaving the government. The attorney general could take civil or criminal action if a staffer fails to file. Filing a report late is punishable by a $200 fee.

Bannon, for example, was supposed to sell his $1 million to $5 million stake in the company Cambridge Analytica while he served in the administration as part of his ethics agreement but it’s unclear whether he sold the stake.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...186003568.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRUMP IS LEADING THE MOST CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION IN U.S. HISTORY, ONE OF FIRST-CLASS KLEPTOCRATS

http://www.newsweek.com/2017/11/10/t...ry-698935.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The fish rots from the head”: a historian on the unique corruption of Trump’s White House

"Politicians lie, but this is different."

https://www.vox.com/2017/11/16/16643...-investigation

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump promotes his own Black Friday sale

President Donald Trump says he wants Americans to go Black Friday shopping for “Trump Gear” merchandise— concerning some who say the president is using his position of power to promote his brand.

The president took to Facebook to encourage his supporters to take part in the 30 percent off sale for merchandise including his “Make America Great Again” hats and dog leashes.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/don...k-friday-sale/

Trash should follow the example of grifter pastors, include DVDs of pee s and Trash fellatin Pootin, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under Trump, Mar-a-Lago is remaking itself as a slush fund for the president

Hi there, America. Donald Trump is taking bribes while president.

That feels like something we ought to point out yet again, since the Republican House and Senate have professed complete indifference to a sitting president pocketing cash from foreign governments, personal allies, and ideological groups that want to reward him—in dollars—for having certain policy stances.

Not by donating to a political campaign, mind you, but by giving Donald Trump cash directly.

Florida conservative activist Steven M. Alembik, for instance, is planning a 700-person “Truth About Israel Gala” at Mar-a-Lago in February. He plans to charge $600 a seat. He says he expects Mar-a-Lago will keep most of it, and that’s fine.

“We’re supporting our president, who supports Israel,” Alembik said.

The “Trumpettes USA” — they add the “USA” because “Trumpette” is a brand of baby socks — are led by

Toni Holt Kramer, a Mar-a-Lago member who has turned part of her home into a sort of shrine to Trump. tacky has class!

She has planned a dinner for Jan. 18. First, it was 700 people. Now, it’s 800, she says. Two ballrooms and $300 per seat.

Both of these events are being held largely as fundraisers for Mar-a-Lago itself. Donald Trump has certain policies as president; as reward,

his backers will be paying him cash.

He nobly has purported to sign do ents making sure

he can't dip his hand back in those tills until his presidency is over,

or until he changes his mind,

whichever comes first.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1717335

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Top Trump staffers failed to file financial reports on their way out the door

WASHINGTON
    Several of President Donald Trump’s top aides — including former chief strategist Steve Bannon and former deputy assistant to the president Sebastian Gorka — have failed to file legally required financial reports after they were dismissed this summer, according to the White House.
    Gorka's been busy getting his holiday cosplay snaps made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gorka's been busy getting his holiday cosplay snaps made.

I have little doubt that you just do not want to see his browser history...

Thread Information