Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I know it's one of the biggest contracts, I was just wondering if he took the whole amount possible or if he left some on the table. I don't know how much the new super-max is or how it is calculated.
    by definition i think supermax means he left nada on the table but i could be wrong ..
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 09-30-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pistons were deep too as were 2008 celts who were deep but also had legit HoF stars
    2000 Blazers. 2004 Pistons. 2008 Celtics. 2012 Spurs.

Some of the deepest teams of all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2000 Blazers. 2004 Pistons. 2008 Celtics. 2012 Spurs.

Some of the deepest teams of all time
    2011 mavs had 9 players scoring over 7.5 ppg no other team came close... except 2012 spurs with 11 2014 spurs also.. in general spurs teams are traditionally the deepest by far

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2011 mavs had 9 players scoring over 7.5 ppg no other team came close... except 2012 spurs with 11 2014 spurs also.. in general spurs teams are traditionally the deepest by far
    so we are rating depth by scoring average?!

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shoot forgot about those Mavs they had a lot of good role players who were ex-all stars that year. Then again, ppg is a bad stat to go by because they ran an uptempo offense. A team like the 2000 Blazers to me was at least as deep talent wise, but they played in an era where offenses ground it out in the half court, defenses could play more physical on the perimeter without getting called for fouls etc. That was a championship team if they just make a few shots and don't choke bloody-murder in the 4th quarter of game 7.

But the 2012 Spurs to me is the deepest ever and the most disappointing team for us, the best team that didn't win a ring. We were flat out dominant in the spring. 50 wins in a shortened season after a very mediocre start to the season. The big 3 still at the very end of their primes. Kawhi the rookie with the "it" factor. So much ball movement. After our incredible midseason transaction run (bringing back Jackson, adding Diaw and Mills) it just seemed there was nobody in the league who could come close to matching up with us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those 11 mavs and 14 Spurs were really lightening in a bottle teams. Both peaked at just the right times and just blitzed through the playoffs.

Over the course of a year, those teams may still be championship winning teams but definitely not as dominant as certain games would suggest. Which, btw, were the only games people remember.

It’s similar to people saying manu should have won the 05 FMVP because he had 4 brilliant games in those wins, but forgot he had three dud games. It just applied to teams instead where people remember how the spurs utterly dominated the heat in the finals but struggled against the mavs in the first round, or how the mavs performed in the wins against the heat but forgot how they played in the losses through the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 2012 Spurs team was a great team. Those last two games in the OKC series were total bull . Game 5 at home, that ridiculous non-call on the goal tend from Ibaka on Manu's layup which left Manu on the floor and scrambling to get back up court fouling Harden on a 3 giving him an AND1. That one play and highly egregious blown/missed call swung the game and series. Even I saw it was a clear goal tend in real time, so I have no idea how the refs blew that (unless it was let go on purpose). Then after that to end game 5, you get in game 6, the ridiculous tech foul on Sjax when he starred at the OKC bench after they were yelling who knows what at him, and all he did was stare back at them while saying nothing, to the touch fouls in the second half (especially in the 4th quarter) after the Spurs build a 20 point lead, which also got OKC into the bonus within a couple of minutes to start the quarter. Joke officiating.

OKC got what they deserved in those finals. They were es and were treated as such in the finals. They never should have been there in the first place. When you don't get there legitimately, a lot of the time you get exposed there as IMO the NBA finals tends to have better officiating/cleaner games due to more fans around the world watching, so the NBA can't really pull the blatant in the finals that has sometimes happened in earlier rounds.
    Last edited by Ice009; 10-02-2017 at 06:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 2012 Spurs team was as great team. Those last two games in the OKC series was total bull . Game 5 at home, that ridiculous non-call on the goal tend from Ibaka on Manu's layup which left Manu on the floor and scrambling to get back up court fouling Harden on a 3 giving him an AND1. Then after that to end game 5, you get in game 6 the ridiculous tech foul on Sjax when he starred at the OKC bench after they were yelling who knows what at him, and all he did was stare back at them while saying nothing, to the touch fouls in the second half (especially in the 4th quarter) after the Spurs build a 20 point lead, which also got OKC into the bonus within a couple of minutes to start the quarter. Joke officiating.

OKC got what they deserved in those finals. They were es and were treated as such in the finals. They never should have been there in the first place. When you don't get there legitimately, a lot of the time you get exposed as IMO the NBA finals tends to have better officiating/cleaner games due to more fans around the world watching, so the NBA can't really pull the blatant in the finals that has sometimes happened in earlier rounds.
    Still the worst officiated series I have ever seen outside of 2002 Kings/Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those 11 mavs and 14 Spurs were really lightening in a bottle teams. Both peaked at just the right times and just blitzed through the playoffs.

Over the course of a year, those teams may still be championship winning teams but definitely not as dominant as certain games would suggest. Which, btw, were the only games people remember.

It's similar to people saying manu should have won the 05 FMVP because he had 4 brilliant games in those wins, but forgot he had three dud games. It just applied to teams instead where people remember how the spurs utterly dominated the heat in the finals but struggled against the mavs in the first round, or how the mavs performed in the wins against the heat but forgot how they played in the losses through the playoffs.
    If those 4 games happened to be the 4 games that got you the tle then that players deserves the FMVP no matter how bad he played in the other 3, tbh.

Either way, Manu's numbers over the entirety of that series were great. Imho, Manu and Duncan should have been CO-MVP's in '05.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Worried about my Bruin brother ...he geeting that same prp treatment on his knees Kobe had to use at the end ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If those 4 games happened to be the 4 games that got you the tle then that players deserves the FMVP no matter how bad he played in the other 3, tbh.

Either way, Manu's numbers over the entirety of that series were great. Imho, Manu and Duncan should have been CO-MVP's in '05.
    No. Duncan deserved it. Not to mention the defensive impact Duncan had. Duncan on his own out blocked the Wallace brothers and it think out rebounded them as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Duncan deserved it. Not to mention the defensive impact Duncan had. Duncan on his own out blocked the Wallace brothers and it think out rebounded them as well.
    On two bad ankles going against one of the best defensive front courts in NBA history. If TD's ankles weren't in bad shape during those playoffs, then I really think he could have done even better against them.

I would have had no problem with co-MVPs (that's what I think should have happened cause Manu deserved it too), but in no scenario would I have given Manu outright MVP for the series over TD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

Thread Information