Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn shame this dude did what he did. I love my guns, but no one on their own should be able to kill 50 and injure 400 people.
    Last edited by Big Empty; 10-02-2017 at 09:59 AM.

MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    injure 400.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    mentally derranged or sick?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    mentally derranged or sick?
    Just a disproportionate response to New Country.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We are simply too ed up to own guns anymore. , look how people act here towards each other on a silly messageboard. We are basically assholes and pricks. Time to dump weapons unless ya can prove you need that pistol for home protection. NO MORE RIFLES..... hunting. NO MORE AUTOMATIC WEAPONS.....unless a cop/military. Meaning....they aren't made anymore.

Only guns being made are low caliber pistols. (other than weapons for law enforement/military)

We humans can no longer contain out prickness, assholeness, it really has come to that. In my lifetime I've seen a time when you never heard... ....on TV, now look at it. We have dropped our standards, have no class anymore.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-03-2017 at 04:43 AM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I love my dueling pistols. They compliment my dueling gloves so well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    We are simply too ed up to own guns anymore. , look how people act here towards each other on a silly messageboard. We are basically assholes and pricks. Time to dump weapons unless ya can prove you need that pistol for home protection. NO MORE RIFLES..... hunting. NO MORE AUTOMATIC WEAPONS.....unless a cop/military. Meaning....they aren't made anymore.

Only guns being made are low caliber pistols. (other than weapons for law enforement/military)

We humans can no longer contain out prickness, assholeness, it really has come to that. In my lifetime I've seen a time when you never heard... ....on TV, now look at it. We have dropped our standards, have no class anymore.
    I have a handgun to protect my family, really do not trust anyone when it comes to keeping them safe. Other than that, I agree with everything you said.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have a handgun to protect my family, really do not trust anyone when it comes to keeping them safe. Other than that, I agree with everything you said.
    Never seen it as bad as it is right now, so many freaks walking this earth today. Time to put gun shops out of business. A person needing a pistol has to deal with the military now. A ton of paperwork will be involved. Anyone found with a rifle/automatic weapon will do time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    That's why automatic weapons have a soft ban, tbh. There just needs to be a total ban, we don't need automatic weapons for anything practical like defense, hunting or shooting at a range. I wonder if his gun was pre-ban or illegally modified/purchased.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    That's why automatic weapons have a soft ban, tbh. There just needs to be a total ban, we don't need automatic weapons for anything practical like defense, hunting or shooting at a range. I wonder if his gun was pre-ban or illegally modified/purchased.
    Pretty sure they were legally modified.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think it's been confirmed that he used bump stocks to simulate automatic fire. Legal for now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, it's legal technicality. It gives you the ability to fire semi-auto rifles at full-auto speeds. I think at the very least, these types of modifications need to be outlawed.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Never seen it as bad as it is right now, so many freaks walking this earth today. Time to put gun shops out of business. A person needing a pistol has to deal with the military now. A ton of paperwork will be involved. Anyone found with a rifle/automatic weapon will do time.
    Yeah let's increase red tape, government bureaucracy and totally wipe out the 2nd Amendment over this sick asshole.

Re ed/overreactive idea.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Yeah let's increase red tape, government bureaucracy and totally wipe out the 2nd Amendment over this sick asshole.

Re ed/overreactive idea.

There’s been hundreds of sick assholes that have done this now. Not just one, you in re .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

There’s been hundreds of sick assholes that have done this now. Not just one, you in re .
    in the past what... several decades? Of course. But nobody has killed THIS many people by gunfire in the modern era, and even double-digit casualty shootings are rare in the US. Look it up...

And then you have the black on black shootings in Chicago, which are largely carried out by people wielding illegally obtained guns.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    in the past what... several decades? Of course. But nobody has killed THIS many people by gunfire in the modern era, and even double-digit casualty shootings are rare in the US. Look it up...

And then you have the black on black shootings in Chicago, which are largely carried out by people wielding illegally obtained guns.
    There’s a mass shooting almost every day in this country. Also, deflecting to “ Chicago ”. Chicago doesn’t have the strictest gun laws in the country like the fake news reports.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    There’s a mass shooting almost every day in this country. Also, deflecting to “ Chicago ”. Chicago doesn’t have the strictest gun laws in the country like the fake news reports.
    There's not a "mass shooting". A domestic homicide and suicide does not qualify.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    There's not a "mass shooting". A domestic homicide and suicide does not qualify.
    What's your definition of a mass shooting?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    What's your definition of a mass shooting?
    mass -- meaning lots of people targeted, at least a good handful hit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    mass -- meaning lots of people targeted, at least a good handful hit.
    You'll never get statistics using terms like "lots" and "good handful." Too vague.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You'll never get statistics using terms like "lots" and "good handful." Too vague.
    It's hard to pinpoint an exact number. Really depends on the situation.

How about, in general, mid-double digits or greater targeted -- or were at least there at the scene of the attack --, any double digits (or very close to it, depending on the situation) hit?

The James Holmes Denver, CO shooting in 2012 qualifies. So does the San Bernardino. An everyday meh "man killed his wife, kids, brother and dog before turning the gun on himself" definitely does not.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It's hard to pinpoint an exact number. Really depends on the situation.

How about, in general, mid-double digits or greater targeted -- or were at least there at the scene of the attack --, any double digits (or very close to it, depending on the situation) hit?

The James Holmes Denver, CO shooting in 2012 qualifies. So does the San Bernardino. An everyday meh "man killed his wife, kids, brother and dog before turning the gun on himself" definitely does not.
    Still wishy-washy. I don't know why such situational distinctions need to be made tbh. It's all guns and deaths.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Re ed/overreactive idea.
    Stupid, why are we going with old ass amendments for a whole other world? the second amendment yes more red tape ya dumb . A man with a job, a home owner, a guy with no record needs a hand gun for protection, ok he can get one. It will take some time however. A guy with a record, in and out of jobs, renter, wants a hand gun..... no. What does he own to protect?

Dude, you're an moron.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Time to change things this is no longer 1776.

A Wyoming rancher who owns cattle, owns property, has a spotless record, actually no record. For a guy like this to purchase a weapon is totally different than some cat in Detroit who washs dishes at Denny's. Yes, who somebody is should be huge in their ability to own any weapon. I'd go with a person has to have at least a 1000 in the bank before they can qualify for gun owner ship.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Stupid, why are we going with old ass amendments for a whole other world? the second amendment yes more red tape ya dumb . A man with a job, a home owner, a guy with no record needs a hand gun for protection, ok he can get one. It will take some time however. A guy with a record, in and out of jobs, renter, wants a hand gun..... no. What does he own to protect?

Dude, you're an moron.
    some people have families and can't afford a mortgage? Get a ing grip

lol @ proposing elitist guidelines for whether you are allowed to defend yourself and your family. Since when did you become communist?

Thread Information