My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yuck

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely re ed. The Pro Bowl suffered after this BS happened in the NFL so bad that they went back to the original format. Silver is a ing ignorant so of course he didn't learn that lesson. Welp, I won't watch

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn how does the NBA keep coming up with ways to the allstar weekend up more every year?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'll be interested if Kiwi is a top 3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who even cares about the ASG?

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Who even cares about the ASG?
    The whole weekend really can't get any worse. Might as well try some new things. This will get fans interested in the drama of who the captains pick beforehand at least.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least guys like Conley out west will finally have a shot to make the ASG. I wonder how disparate the split will be between West and East. I'm imagining 15 and 9 or 14 and 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least guys like Conley out west will finally have a shot to make the ASG. I wonder how disparate the split will be between West and East. I'm imagining 15 and 9 or 14 and 10.
    I think they are still having 12 guys from the West and 12 from the East. I'm not sure but I think the players are still going to be selected by the fans and the coaches like before. The thing that changes is that out of those 24 players, the captains of each team will get to do a mini-draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they are still having 12 guys from the West and 12 from the East. I'm not sure but I think the players are still going to be selected by the fans and the coaches like before. The thing that changes is that out of those 24 players, the captains of each team will get to do a mini-draft.
    So basically curry and Lebron will be captains for the forseable future...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't you intrigued to see on which place Lebron selects Kawhi? I'd say it would be his first pick, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't you intrigued to see on which place Lebron selects Kawhi? I'd say it would be his first pick, imho.
    Nah...This BS is going to fool all the kids into thinking Curry is too good or whatever BS.

When his coach doesn't even think he is better than Leoanrd, Durant..

This is going to destroy the collective IQs of the younger fans today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody cares about asg selections

but ppl wear them like wearing badges on their cvs to determine where they are in the league ATRankings and whateve rankings, when some players get snub for ASG selectiosn due to popularity contest

look at that pos Kirby who got 12 selections, did u think he deserve all 12?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is how the got convention will come about. (I still think it's better then the old ASG, but then those sucked so bad it only could get better.)

There will still be 24 players, overall, selected for the All-Star team with the fans, players, and media all voting for the 10 All-Star starters same as last year. Twelve players from each conference still all earn a spot. Coaches still select the 14 other reserves who play on the team after the starters are selected.

Players who receive the most votes in their respective conferences will be selected as the team captains. From there, the captains will draft the rest of their teams from the 22 other players in the talent pool. Specifics about the draft have not been detailed to this point.

The change to the game was part of a push by Chris Paul, serving as the president of the NBPA, according to a report from ESPN’s Brian Windhorst.
    https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/3/1...rmat-explained

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver trying to put a band-aid on what todays players have broken. These guys are "too cool" to try. They don't want to get embarrassed in a pick up game because of their brand (anyone remember LeBron confiscating the tape?), so theyve turned it into a "we don't give a " joke.

Not saying the ASG is an important game, but at least try a little. Curry laying down was the ultimate jump the shark moment for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE}This was a move fans had been asking for[/QUOTE]

um.....wut?

after skimming through that article, it sounds to me like Chris Paul just wants to play with his would-be superteam buddies in a televised game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's essentially going to become a Banana Boat Team VS Golden Showers and Friends all-star game?

Oh joy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver trying to put a band-aid on what todays players have broken. These guys are "too cool" to try. They don't want to get embarrassed in a pick up game because of their brand (anyone remember LeBron confiscating the tape?), so theyve turned it into a "we don't give a " joke.
    Lebron backing out of the dunk contest was really the last straw for me. Not that other dudes can't dunk, but Barkley said it best - the dunk contest is the only time some of these scrubs will see the court during the NBA season.

The entire weekend is a joke.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    They didnt have that many more votes than guys like Durant or Harden or Westbrook last year. Even if you hate the idea, if they're going to do it this way, as a fan, don't you want Durant and Westbrook to be the captains? Put them in a room together when they pick their teams.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    how are the two captains selected? top two vote getters?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's essentially going to become a Banana Boat Team VS Golden Showers and Friends all-star game?

Oh joy.
    Truth

Thread Information