My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even as some people would like to see a rebirth of the coal industry in the US, it’s renewable energy that keeps generating good news.
    Over the next decade, jobs for solar panel installers and wind turbine technicians will grow twice as fast as any other occupation, according to a Bloomberg analysis of the US Bureau of Labor Statistics’s biennial employment projections released yesterday.

The main driver of job growth has been the rapid increase in solar capacity. In the last decade, US solar capacity has grown an average of 72% per year.

As Quartz previously reported, the US government has a knack for spectacularly underestimating renewable energy growth. That means the projected figures for installed capacity and job growth are likely much more conservative than the reality to come.

https://qz.com/1111998/renewable-ene...ther-industry/

(more links to source articles at original article)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But clouds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash and Jimmy Ricky plan to "pick a loser" coal and nuclear, while cutting support for renewables..

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I would still prefer balancing the trade deficit, and return jobs back to the USA that we lost due to president Clinton's free trade agreements.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would still prefer balancing the trade deficit, and return jobs back to the USA that we lost due to president Clinton's free trade agreements.
    Jobs aren't coming back. The oligarchy pushed hard in the Repug '80s for globalization. NAFTA was one of the formal results. If your sacred Repugs wanted jobs back, they ran the country 2001-2008 and had the lowest job creation since WWII, and tripled the national debt.

but it's all Clinton's fault. Goddamn, you're stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We gained jobs from those agreements.

The president is picking winners and losers and actively trying to prop up an failing industry against free market forces. Should we start dumping money into buggy whip manufacturers, so we can export all the worlds supply of horse buggy whips?

Is Trump doing something good here?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    We gained jobs from those agreements.

The president is picking winners and losers and actively trying to prop up an failing industry against free market forces. Should we start dumping money into buggy whip manufacturers, so we can export all the worlds supply of horse buggy whips?

Is Trump doing something good here?
    If believing that makes you sleep better at night, I won't try to change your mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If believing that makes you sleep better at night, I won't try to change your mind.
    I noticed you dodged the question.

Should we be subsidizing the coal industry?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed you dodged the question.

Should we be subsidizing the coal industry?
    and why should taxpayers be "tax expending" to BigOil, the most profitable cartel on the planet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The oligarchy has plenty $100Ms to buy politician s to protect the generating/transmission companies

As Americans Call For More Solar Power, Special Interest Attacks Continue To Mount

While nearly 9 in 10 Americans support the development of more solar energy, electric utilities and fossil fuel-backed special interests are trying to hold off the inevitable renewable-energy future by promoting policies that would make rooftop solar harder to obtain.

A new
    report released today by Environment America Research & Policy Center do ents

20 en ies across 12 states, who sought to roll back key policies driving solar power over the past year.

“Blocking the Sun” report shows that electric utilities and special interests are actively undermining access to solar energy across the country.

at least 90 policy actions in U.S. states could affect the growth of rooftop solar generation as of mid-2017. They include limits on net metering or new utility fees that make solar power less affordable.

"We're seeing a continued, concerted effort to knock down some of the best solar policies out there by some of the most powerful state utilities and fossil fuel actors"

electric utilities like Duke Energy, Rocky Mountain Power and Arizona Public Service have urged state officials

to lower credits to solar users,

add special charges to rooftop solar owners and force customers into rate plans that would reduce the benefits rooftop solar can provide on your electricity bill.

Efforts by electric utilities to stall solar progress have been coupled with, and in some cases, orchestrated by, fossil fuel front groups such as the Consumer Energy Alliance and utility trade groups such as the Edison Electric Ins ute.

The Trump administration has appointed allies of the electric utilities and fossil fuel companies to key positions within the Department of Energy and other federal agencies.

Those appointees are making a concerted effort to undermine solar power at the national level.

Studies put forth by Energy Secretary Rick Perry question the value of rooftop solar and attempt to justify support for coal and nuclear plants over renewable energy. JimmyRicky is such ing ignorant idiot

https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2017/11/02/americans-call-more-solar-power-special-interest-attacks-continue-mount

I'm sure the coal/gas/electric-utility lobbyists are pushing hard for USA to impose high tariffs on Chinese panels.

Thread Information