Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fairly sure they changed the rule in mid 00s where you no longer had to throw a hard double at the post - you could basically float between the post player & shooters which made it harder to collapse defenses from the post and an even less efficient way for a team to score.
    Which rule exactly are you referring to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which rule exactly are you referring to?
    It was something along the lines of eliminating illegal defense on the strongside, whereas previously if you floated close enough to the post player (not sure of distance), it was illegal defense because you were doubling without the ball. My memory of it changing is pretty vague though, but it did discourage post play further.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    AD has not been clutch when games are on the line. One reason is that teams double team him because the talent around him has pretty much sucked. Another reason is that he's not great at creating his own shot. He's only 24 years old so while I don't think his skills have declined, he still hasn't lived up to the hype that he once received. This season will be the best team that he's had so far (AD, Cousins, Holiday, Rondo), so it's time for him to take that next step.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's so young, he's not even peaking yet. He'll improve for a few more years.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still a better PG than Parker

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A paper tiger, imo. But he would have great potential as a 1B or 2 to Kawhi.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I didn't say Blake was better. Just that Davis gets a free pass for not living up to his potential.

I will say this, though: a healthy Blake has finished top 3 in MVP voting. Has Davis ever done that?
    I brought up the same point recently ... but was told that doesn't mean because MVP pool was weak that year ...even if it was the case due to injury ...doesnt change the fact at one time, for at least one season Blake was a legit top 5 player in the league.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    This thread

Helps not having Jrue Holiday as the second option or primary ball-handler. Davis is having his best season since 2014-2015.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely a top 10 player, and Davis > Cousins. They take turns dominating, but Davis is more consistent and doesn't melt down like a when things aren't going his way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely a top 10 player, and Davis > Cousins. They take turns dominating, but Davis is more consistent and doesn't melt down like a when things aren't going his way.
    Yeah true but 's always injured. I think I'd take a whiny over a player who spends half the season and the playoffs in a suit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a re ed ass thread, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of the least talked about things in the NBA tbh.. everyone is ting on Griffin's inability to take the next step, but not him for some reason. this in 2015 was ranked 2nd overall by ESPN, over Steph ing Curry, and was also picked by some on this site as the successor to Lebron

his stats past 3 years

PER
    2015: 30.8
    2016: 25.0
    2017: 27.5

BPM
    2015: 7.1
    2016: 2.2
    2017: 3.7

RPM (much better indicator of value than any other statistic)
    2015: 8.18
    2016: 1.92
    2017: 4.35

What went wrong sons?
    Duncan's career PER is 24..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't he just win potm or potw award?....still a scrub though...

this current team is more talented then the robinson pre injury led spurs, yet he cant even put together a +55 win season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor coaching and ownership.

Davis would be a beast on any team that had some options, some shooting coaches, some trainers, doctors... a restroom.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    His team is pretty flawed in the current game. Better suited for 90s or early 2000s when big men were valued and utilized more on offense and were the anchor of the defense. Now teams need versatile wing defenders to switch, recover, and defend out on the perimeter all the way to the three point line regardless of position. Pelicans have a lot of small guards.

Offensively the Pelicans are top 5 in the league in fg% but bottom 5 in the league in 3pt%. When they start Holiday, Rondo, and Cunningham, those three perimeter guys are collectively shooting under 25% from 3. Those are three perimeter guys playing 80 minutes a game giving them no outside shooting. That's why old ass Jameer Nelson still plays a lot of minutes and Moore who is good at nothing but shooting still gets run. In fact it's surprising they have a winning record with a few quality wins. Also doesn't help when your 7 foot, 300 pound center leads the league in turnovers.

Anthony Davis is hardly a problem much less the problem. He's a monster.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    This thread keeps going and going.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    AD is pretty much making history every night in the NBA. This thread is a ing joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ty ass thread ..

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Congratulations, AD. You're now only #17 in the league in RPM, and the Pelicans have gone on a 6 game winning streak against Lakers, BKN, Suns, Heat, Bucks, Suns. (needed 3 OT wins).

They definitely can challenge the Spurs/Thunder in the first round. Not.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    is he top 10 though? yeah obviously. Probably on the same level as Russ but he's stll not as good as his 2015 self

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    LeBron 18th in RPM. I’d say that’s good company.

Davis 2nd in the league in PER.

Pelicans are not a good team overall. Jrue has played well for the most part. Beyond Davis and Jrue and without Boogie, that roster is doo doo. Without the superhuman efforts of Davis, they’d be fighting for lottery position, not playoff position.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    jesus christ.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol dude elbowed on to mvp talks but Harden still fave.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I guess Skip Bayless has decided Davis will be his new LeBron when LeBron retires:

Last edited by Clipper Nation; 02-27-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Thread Information