Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's clearly improved a lot. Good for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD is pretty much making history every night in the NBA. This thread is a ing joke.
    5 rings, got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has maybe the most picture-perfect jumper that I've ever seen for a Big. His arc is just ridiculous. His touch around the basket and ball-handling are also at guard levels. Also helps that he has solid PGs in Rondo and Holiday who spoonfeed him easy baskets, which help him get into rhythm. Can't underestimate how much it helps to have guys who look for you as a big.

Easily the best regular season big man in the NBA. I'm excited to see if he can keep this up in the playoffs, because he's fun to watch. Definitely in the KG mold as a scorer...minus the psycho on-court antics.

And before anyone mentions it, yes Dirk has a pretty stroke too, but his follow-through is a little unorthodox imo (he shoots more with his middle and ring fingers).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He has maybe the most picture-perfect jumper that I've ever seen for a Big. His arc is just ridiculous. His touch around the basket and ball-handling are also at guard levels. Also helps that he has solid PGs in Rondo and Holiday who spoonfeed him easy baskets, which help him get into rhythm. Can't underestimate how much it helps to have guys who look for you as a big.

Easily the best regular season big man in the NBA. I'm excited to see if he can keep this up in the playoffs, because he's fun to watch. Definitely in the KG mold as a scorer...minus the psycho on-court antics.

And before anyone mentions it, yes Dirk has a pretty stroke too, but his follow-through is a little unorthodox imo (he shoots more with his middle and ring fingers).
    Great post agree ...his only issue been durabilty tbh but he starting to play 70 plus games (last year and probably this one)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On offense he's pretty great tbh but his defense is average at best

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    On offense he's pretty great tbh but his defense is average at best
    To be fair, it’s pretty difficult to be a great defensive big anymore, especially the last couple seasons, and particularly for PFs. Former big mentality on defense is to anchor yourself in and around the paint, hold post position, and protect the rim. Now, even centers are forced further and further out on defense, have to guard all the way out to the three point line, not only play screen defender on the pick-and-roll but be the on-ball defender as well, AND still recover to play help defense at the rim.

10-15 years ago, I bet Anthony Davis averages well over 3 blocks a game, maybe close to 4, and his defensive rating is 5-10 points lower / better.

Are there really any great big man defenders anymore?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, it’s pretty difficult to be a great defensive big anymore, especially the last couple seasons, and particularly for PFs. Former big mentality on defense is to anchor yourself in and around the paint, hold post position, and protect the rim. Now, even centers are forced further and further out on defense, have to guard all the way out to the three point line, not only play screen defender on the pick-and-roll but be the on-ball defender as well, AND still recover to play help defense at the rim.

10-15 years ago, I bet Anthony Davis averages well over 3 blocks a game, maybe close to 4, and his defensive rating is 5-10 points lower / better.

not many. but gobert, embiid are fantastic. whiteside too

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Meh, bigmen are still at the top of most defensive metrics. Last time I checked Gasol was leading the Spurs on defensive efficiency. Most of what you say it's true, but size will always matter on D.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A healthy Brake was a legit top 7 talent and once upon a time playd like one of the top 5 players in the NBA.

Dude is underrated. If he can stay healthy the clips might surprise a a lot of people.
    You were slobbing all over Blake and Davis's nobs. Not so much now. They definitely falling fast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ing thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP should stick to bandwagoning the Warriors ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at the ing re s in this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A paper tiger, imo. But he would have great potential as a 1B or 2 to Kawhi.
    Lel

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's nice that the Pelicans finally have a real franchise player, as opposed to the flopping, choking manlet who once pretended to be their franchise player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a great scorer but his defense is very overrated and he's a below average passer tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a great scorer but his defense is very overrated and he's a below average passer tbh
    He led the league in blocked shots and altered many.

Thread Information