Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Kevin McHale: 'James Harden Is Not A Leader'

Kevin McHale thinks that James Harden was unable to be a leader for the Rockets.

While on NBA TV's Open Court, McHale said Harden "tried being a leader last year," but didn't fully have the team's respect.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/kevin-...JeTVIPKjVbP.99

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Kevin McHale is not a coach. Figuratively and literally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still remember the story when DHo was on the team when he and Dwight sat together and wouldn't let anyone join them to eat bc they were the leaders of the team lol

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin McHale is not a coach. Figuratively and literally.
    ?
    Furthest Rockets have advanced, WCFs in 20 years under McHale.
    I don't follow close enough but Harden seems like a major got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    ?
    Furthest Rockets have advanced, WCFs in 20 years under McHale.
    I don't follow close enough but Harden seems like a major got.
    Stupid ass, under McHale all the plays were iso Harden. What did McHale actually do? Criticism of Harden is fine and warranted. But not from McHale. Good for James for calling his ass a clown.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid ass, under McHale all the plays were iso Harden. What did McHale actually do? Criticism of Harden is fine and warranted. But not from McHale. Good for James for calling his ass a clown.
    Stupid ass.
    D'Antoni one and done also featuring Fruaden.
    Have another cup.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "Calling me names is not going to change my opinion as to what I saw when I was there," McHale said Friday on TNT. "It's hard to have credibility if you don't play defense."

McHale remained complimentary of Harden's basketball skills while explaining what he considers to be leadership. "[Harden] is a of a basketball player, he really is," McHale said. "And to James' credit, I will say this: He organizes guys in the summer, he does a lot of stuff. He does a lot of those things. When I was talking more about leadership is ... it's a tie game at half. It's a playoff game, or you're playing another team that's tough and rumble, and they're going to get after you. And all of a sudden, with four minutes to go in the third, you're down nine. They're getting every loose ball, they're getting every rebound, they're doing all this stuff. It's not about skill at that point. It's about will. I gotta impose my will on you. James at that point gets a little bit ... that's not his personality."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...dership-skills

How will Frauden ever recover from this?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Calling me names is not going to change my opinion as to what I saw when I was there," McHale said Friday on TNT. "It's hard to have credibility if you don't play defense."

McHale remained complimentary of Harden's basketball skills while explaining what he considers to be leadership. "[Harden] is a of a basketball player, he really is," McHale said. "And to James' credit, I will say this: He organizes guys in the summer, he does a lot of stuff. He does a lot of those things. When I was talking more about leadership is ... it's a tie game at half. It's a playoff game, or you're playing another team that's tough and rumble, and they're going to get after you. And all of a sudden, with four minutes to go in the third, you're down nine. They're getting every loose ball, they're getting every rebound, they're doing all this stuff. It's not about skill at that point. It's about will. I gotta impose my will on you. James at that point gets a little bit ... that's not his personality."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...dership-skills

How will Frauden ever recover from this?
    Saw this on TNT. And Harden claiming he did everything McHale asked and that McHale never helped him with anything was a deuche move. It only proved McHale's summation, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this on TNT. And Harden claiming he did everything McHale asked and that McHale never helped him with anything was a deuche move. It only proved McHale's summation, tbh.
    I'm telling you guys, Harden doesn't like basketball. It's pays him millions because hes better than those not in the NBA, but he has no love for the game at this level. He just wants the fame, and paychecks.

Winning or losing doesn't matter. He only likes winning when it's easy.

Thread Information