Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The North Korean man's failure to execute the choreography at Kim Jong Un's birthday celebration was an affront to the dictator, who had him executed."

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only snowflakes and ing morons think that. And people can be both.
    The dictionary disagrees with you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "The North Korean man's failure to execute the choreography at Kim Jong Un's birthday celebration was an affront to the dictator, who had him executed."
    Was probably uppity too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was probably uppity too.
    He got free bowls of rice to learn that choreography, he should have been more thankful.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The dictionary disagrees with you.
    Actually it does not. The ing morons and snowflakes think it's an affront. It's their opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no requirement to forego your living in order to demonstrate.
    Requirement by whom? You certainly have the right to demonstrate, but your employer has the right to terminate your employment for basically any reason other than the protected class reasons.

Jemele Hill only spoke out, is she not allow freedom of speech? I guess not!

Nothing wrong with that either.
    Of course. But if the POTUS doesn't want to do his job, that's a crime.
    You're the one who brought up the random office scenario, smarty. If my employer had reason to believe I would be uncomfortable participating in a ceremonial display of patriotism, and that my discomfort could cause an incident that would paint the company in a bad light, they'd excuse me from the ceremony. I can't imagine working anywhere where that wouldn't be the case. Especially if this was something that happened every week.
    Sure, don't you think players can be excused as well? If a player approaches a GM and says "I am offended by the national anthem, i'd like to remain in the lockerroom during it" that they'd not have a problem with it?

Do these same people protest the Canadian anthem or anthems from other countries they face during exhibitions?

It's a show, like the yellow ribbon people put on their cars because they want to be part of the wave of cool people showing support. Left to their own, these people wouldn't put on on their cars, and the other players wouldn't kneel during the anthem except that it makes them part of the cool crowd. Odd they weren't doing it when CK was at first, when Obama was in office.
    Anyway, where in your fictional scenario do we get to the part where the President repeatedly says that I should be fired and the VP shows up at my office for a pre-planned exit five minutes later? Or are those things not as relevant as flags and millionaire n!ggers?
    The POTUS can't have an opinion?

I don't use the N word. That's reserved for the special snowflakes like you who think they are above it but would get your nose broken just the same by a black man if you ever opened your hole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Requirement by whom? You certainly have the right to demonstrate, but your employer has the right to terminate your employment for basically any reason other than the protected class reasons.
    You're not following. There is no requirement for people to refuse a job and paycheck that may involve things they don't agree with. There is an entire NFL Players Association dedicated to challenging the rules that were in place when those players signed their agreements. This is not unusual.

I am not disputing an employer's right to terminate an employee who doesn't follow their rules, even arbitrary ceremonial ones.

Of course. But if the POTUS doesn't want to do his job, that's a crime.
    Poor leader of the free world, he must be tired of being sent into the line of fire without agreeing with or even necessarily knowing the objectives.

You really just compared Trump to a soldier.

Sure, don't you think players can be excused as well? If a player approaches a GM and says "I am offended by the national anthem, i'd like to remain in the lockerroom during it" that they'd not have a problem with it?
    I'm sure if that was an option it probably would have been offered up. As I understand it, players are expected to be on the field during the national anthem, a cherished tradition that has been in place since 2009.

Why is it up to the player to offer a compromise? Do you think a player would refuse to stay in the locker room if he was asked?

Do these same people protest the Canadian anthem or anthems from other countries they face during exhibitions?
    Does Canada have any recent problems with law enforcement using unnecessary force, getting off without punishment, and having a significant portion of the country claim the victim deserved to die?

As for other countries, maybe we'll see when we play Russia or the Philippines in exhibition football.

It's a show, like the yellow ribbon people put on their cars because they want to be part of the wave of cool people showing support. Left to their own, these people wouldn't put on on their cars, and the other players wouldn't kneel during the anthem except that it makes them part of the cool crowd. Odd they weren't doing it when CK was at first, when Obama was in office.
    Obama didn't call them sons of es who needed to be fired.

You really need to review the timeline here, champ.

The POTUS can't have an opinion?
    No one said he can't. People are saying he shouldn't express this particular opinion in his position, and this is their way of saying it. Millionaire athletes can't have an opinion?

I don't use the N word. That's reserved for the special snowflakes like you who think they are above it but would get your nose broken just the same by a black man if you ever opened your hole.
    You don't have to use the n word to mean the n word. Your continued reference to the players' paychecks gives you away, along with the ease with which you insult their intelligence by suggesting black people don't understand context. LOL thinking black people are all violent BLM/Antifa types. You must not have a very diverse network.

You want them to be submissive just like your great grandpappy did. Their protests immediately strike you as showy whining because the first thing you see is that they are the rare wealthy black folk, so that's where you target their integrity.

They should be thankful and submissive and do as they're told. It doesn't occur to you that their message isn't about themselves. You love your flag and by golly they should too.
    Last edited by Spurminator; 10-12-2017 at 12:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NFL players disrespected flag before trump said anything

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    NFL players disrespected flag before trump said anything
    Yeah, and his worshippers only decided to hate it after he tweeted.

And kneeling silently is not disrespect

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually it does not. The ing morons and snowflakes think it's an affront. It's their opinion.
    It's black and white. Dictionary ain't having your bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and his worshippers only decided to hate it after he tweeted.

And kneeling silently is not disrespect
    Says you not majority

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hours ago
    "We have a cons utional right to protest." Another ignorant football player. Nowhere in the Cons ution is there a right to protest. Further, you have a right to peacefully assemble, pe ion the government, and free speech; but, no right to protest. That being said on your time you can use your right to peacefully assemble and protest. But, you were not on your time. You were on your employer's time and ultimately the fans time. And they did not pay to have your right to protest force down their throats. And if you were actually protesting some thing wrong in America it still would not matter. But, you were protesting something that is non-existent. America is not a racist nation. White males are more likely to be shot than blacks. Yet, blacks commit 50% of the violent crime. And to hear this bs coming from black millionaires that have been pampered all their lives. Clean up your community and then come talk to us about racial injustice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's black and white. Dictionary ain't having your bull .
    "Cormac McCarthy is not a hack writer."

(Spurtacular pastes the definition of "hack" to prove otherwise.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, ducks that's one of the most racist things I've ever seen unironically posted here, is that a David Duke quote?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got 653 likes on yahoo 53 thumbs down
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/49ers-eric...opstories.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, a Yahoo comment. I should have known.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Cormac McCarthy is not a hack writer."

(Spurtacular pastes the definition of "hack" to prove otherwise.)
    Geez, you have no ing grasp on how things transpire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miho 17 hours ago
    Make America Better? Where have I heard that before? Better? How? Why? These protesters can never articulate what specifically the mean. Ins utional racism? So, we're gonna call a whole place racist, until we pin the tail on the racist? Systemic oppression? You mean your imagination? I don't know what they want. If they could tell me what they want, I would listen. Until then, it just sounds like a kid who goes around saying nobody likes me. We call those kids, "paranoid."
    Reply 23 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez, you have no ing grasp on how things transpire.
    Pretty sure that's exactly how it transpired.

You: "Kneeling is an affront to the country."
    Pav: "Only ing morons would think it's an affront"
    You: Posts dictionary definition of affront, claims victory.

Did I miss anything? I do have to admit I pretty much scroll past your posts but I feel like I got the basic gist of the last few.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian 17 hours ago
    Make the country better? Your spitting in the face of all those who fought and sacrificed for YOUR freedom. By the way, a black man has more opportunities to better himself in America than anywhere else on the planet. A white conservative male is actually the most discriminated against class ... Thank you Obama and political correctness for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not following. There is no requirement for people to refuse a job and paycheck that may involve things they don't agree with. There is an entire NFL Players Association dedicated to challenging the rules that were in place when those players signed their agreements. This is not unusual.
    Why are you talking in absolutes like requirements? Having the right doesn't make you right and it doesn't do much to illustrate your commitment to your cause if you're willing to yourself out as long as you get to about the sex before you perform.

It's not a difficult concept, common ing sense to most people. But you're right, it's not against the law.
    I am not disputing an employer's right to terminate an employee who doesn't follow their rules, even arbitrary ceremonial ones.
    Here you go with "right" again. Do you not realize the large majority of protocol doesn't revolve around right and wrong, but common sense and decency? Where in the Bill of Rights is the requirement for either? Where is it written in any employment contract that you have to exercise good judgement and have common sense? Where does it forbid being a diva for publicity?
    Poor leader of the free world, he must be tired of being sent into the line of fire without agreeing with or even necessarily knowing the objectives.
    Where does it state he has to know the objectives or agree with them? You fall back on "rights" when you talk about one side, but "ought to" when you talk about the other. You try to present opinion as fact, partisan spin as incontrovertible truth. I don't buy it.
    He's the commander in chief. A government employee. Why the double standard?
    I'm sure if that was an option it probably would have been offered up. As I understand it, players are expected to be on the field during the national anthem, a cherished tradition that has been in place since 2009.
    Suddenly tradition matters.
    Why is it up to the player to offer a compromise? Do you think a player would refuse to stay in the locker room if he was asked?
    What compromise? If he's offended, that's on him. Don't participate. What, did the national anthem become offensive after he signed? I swear it hasn't changed in at least 20 years.
    Does Canada have any recent problems with law enforcement using unnecessary force, getting off without punishment, and having a significant portion of the country claim the victim deserved to die?
    So now law enforcement is a federal thing so the national anthem represents city law enforcement? All that happened on Obama's watch yet they didn't boycott him, the leader of the nation they purport to protest.
    As for other countries, maybe we'll see when we play Russia or the Philippines in exhibition football.
    They won't. They have zero idea what goes on in other countries, none.
    Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Obama was the face of the nation they were protesting against, the leader of the nation that the national anthem represents. Obama didn't take a knee. Keep pretending it's not a fad, we all know better. That's why JV players are doing it and getting booted from the squad.
    I don't think so, it was Aug 26th 2016, Obama was the POTUS. CK didn't just become upset that day. In fact, all the you talk about basically happened on Obama's watch. Still, athletes were glad to visit the White House.

It's just partisan hack , you know it so does everyone else.
    No one said he can't. People are saying he shouldn't express this particular opinion in his position, and this is their way of saying it. Millionaire athletes can't have an opinion?
    Sure they can, before they become millionaire athletes. It's disingenuous to protest the very thing your employer is honoring, when you knew full well what you were signing on for.

What's so difficult to understand about that?

I don't give a who kneels, but don't pretend they aren't complicit in all the bull as they collect their big paychecks in cities with incredibly high poverty rates. All this ing kneeling, what did any of them do for any of the families of these innocent victims of the evil police?
    You don't have to use the n word to mean the n word. Your continued reference to the players' paychecks gives you away, along with the ease with which you insult their intelligence by suggesting black people don't understand context.
    Yeah I know, because I disagree with you I'm a bigot, racist and white supremacist and you're just a kind hearted open minded individual with nothing but love on your mind who uses the N word through artistic license.
    You want them to be submissive just like your great grandpappy did. Their protests immediately strike you as showy whining because the first thing you see is that they are the rare wealthy black folk, so that's where you target their integrity.
    Yes, my grandpappy the native american wanted blacks to be submissive. My sharecropper grandparent was well off.
    They should be thankful and submissive and do as they're told. It doesn't occur to you that their message isn't about themselves. You love your flag and by golly they should too.
    You're worse at false narrative than Chumpy. You're so far off base with your stereotyping anyone who disagrees with your white washed echo chamber takes on here that you cannot even see the base anymore.

You've not said one correct thing, not one. That's quite an accomplishment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then you had to go edit your post because you obviously didn't get all the salt out in the first one. You had to add something about how not all blacks are BLM or whatever. Go do a survey, call every black person you meet the N word, get back to me with your results.

Oddly enough you made it about race. I don't care who's kneeling, if they signed up for it they volunteered. If you want to protest, put your money where you mouth is. Kneeling is way too easy. Just ask Reck.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure that's exactly how it transpired.

You: "Kneeling is an affront to the country."
    Pav: "Only ing morons would think it's an affront"
    You: Posts dictionary definition of affront, claims victory.

Did I miss anything? I do have to admit I pretty much scroll past your posts but I feel like I got the basic gist of the last few.
    Nope. Your latest restate is close enough. But it is not representative of your idiotic analogy that was not on point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you talking in absolutes like requirements? Having the right doesn't make you right and it doesn't do much to illustrate your commitment to your cause if you're willing to yourself out as long as you get to about the sex before you perform.

It's not a difficult concept, common ing sense to most people. But you're right, it's not against the law.
    "Requirement" can refer to a moral requirement, not necessarily legal. There's nothing wrong with employees objecting to certain aspects of their work situation, even ones they knew about when they started.

Here you go with "right" again.
    Because I was responding directly to your use of "right."

Do you not realize the large majority of protocol doesn't revolve around right and wrong, but common sense and decency? Where in the Bill of Rights is the requirement for either? Where is it written in any employment contract that you have to exercise good judgement and have common sense? Where does it forbid being a diva for publicity?
    Of course. We obviously disagree with what is moral and decent, and who is more accountable to behave that way.

Where does it state he has to know the objectives or agree with them? You fall back on "rights" when you talk about one side, but "ought to" when you talk about the other. You try to present opinion as fact, partisan spin as incontrovertible truth. I don't buy it.
    Seems you're the one who keeps falling back on "rights."

I believe a person in the Military can join the Military with good intentions and still disagree with a war he may be asked to fight.

He's the commander in chief. A government employee. Why the double standard?
    How is it a double standard. Name one scenario where Donald Trump will be asked to risk his life for a Cause he finds unjust. One. You ing Trump apologist, this is ducks-level logic.

Suddenly tradition matters.
    That's what you got from that? Maybe you need to be more selective instead of continuing to increase the number of individual replies you're making to each of my posts.

Or we can take this up to 100. I'm good with way.

What compromise? If he's offended, that's on him. Don't participate.
    Obviously neither of us knows if he has that option. My point is the player shouldn't have to be the one to come up with the idea of staying in the locker room.

So now law enforcement is a federal thing so the national anthem represents city law enforcement? All that happened on Obama's watch yet they didn't boycott him, the leader of the nation they purport to protest.
    Don't act ignorant about the history of this protest, you know why Kaepernick started it. If you want to debate his rationale, go dig up one of those old threads. You asked why it would be different for Canada and I told you.

Obama didn't insert him into the demonstration. No one is protesting Trump for being commander in chief over hostile police officers.

They won't. They have zero idea what goes on in other countries, none.
    Dumb n!ggers, amirite?

Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Obama was the face of the nation they were protesting against, the leader of the nation that the national anthem represents. Obama didn't take a knee. Keep pretending it's not a fad, we all know better. That's why JV players are doing it and getting booted from the squad.

I don't think so, it was Aug 26th 2016, Obama was the POTUS. CK didn't just become upset that day. In fact, all the you talk about basically happened on Obama's watch. Still, athletes were glad to visit the White House.

It's just partisan hack , you know it so does everyone else.
    Now you're inventing reasons they should protest while also saying they shouldn't protest. It's a weird position to take.

Obama didn't call them sons of es who should be fired. Trump did. Period.

Sure they can, before they become millionaire athletes. It's disingenuous to protest the very thing your employer is honoring, when you knew full well what you were signing on for.

What's so difficult to understand about that?

I don't give a who kneels, but don't pretend they aren't complicit in all the bull as they collect their big paychecks in cities with incredibly high poverty rates. All this ing kneeling, what did any of them do for any of the families of these innocent victims of the evil police?
    Oh yeah you clearly don't give a who kneels.

See my first response for the rebuttal to your ludicrous "don't take a job that involves anything you disagree with" position. And as far as charity work, I'm not going to do your googling for you but a lot of these players have done plenty for their communities.

Yeah I know, because I disagree with you I'm a bigot, racist and white supremacist and you're just a kind hearted open minded individual with nothing but love on your mind who uses the N word through artistic license.
    Nope, that's not why you're a bigot.

Yes, my grandpappy the native american wanted blacks to be submissive. My sharecropper grandparent was well off.
    If that's your family history then I'm not sure what happened to you and how you're so oblivious and dismissive of the experiences of many African Americans.

You're worse at false narrative than Chumpy. You're so far off base with your stereotyping anyone who disagrees with your white washed echo chamber takes on here that you cannot even see the base anymore.
    I don't stereotype or call everyone who disagrees with me a bigot. I am calling you one, though. I have your own words to fall back on.

You've not said one correct thing, not one. That's quite an accomplishment.
    If you say so.

then you had to go edit your post because you obviously didn't get all the salt out in the first one. You had to add something about how not all blacks are BLM or whatever. Go do a survey, call every black person you meet the N word, get back to me with your results.
    I don't remember what edit I made. It's kind of weird that you do. Unless you quoted my reply pre-edit and didn't finish until an hour later. And then you replied with a new post. Speaking of salt.

Anyway, the point I was making there is you claim you're not a bigot but upon seeing me attribute the word "n!gger" to your position, your first thought was some militant black guy going knockout game on me. It betrays a view of black people that seems exclusively derived from watching local news or reading Breitbart, versus having actual personal relationships and interactions with black people. It's Fox News style manufactured outrage.

Oddly enough you made it about race. I don't care who's kneeling, if they signed up for it they volunteered. If you want to protest, put your money where you mouth is. Kneeling is way too easy.
    Seems to work just fine. It's all you guys want to talk about.

And this controversy is fundamentally about race, neither you or I have made it so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You don't have to use the n word to mean the n word. Your continued reference to the players' paychecks gives you away, along with the ease with which you insult their intelligence by suggesting black people don't understand context. LOL thinking black people are all violent BLM/Antifa types. You must not have a very diverse network.

got em

Thread Information