Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    What happened sons?

What happened sons?
    we're just enjoying the terrorist nation of America not making it to the world cup tbh

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    we're just enjoying the terrorist nation of America not making it to the world cup tbh
    Good silver lining for you son. Congrats.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    No one in USA cares about Soccer. Tonight’s game wasn’t even on any major network or sports network. It was on some channel called Bein.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    No one in USA cares about Soccer. Tonight’s game wasn’t even on any major network or sports network. It was on some channel called Bein.
    FIFA does. That's why they give so many qualifying spots to CONCAF.

Thats a butt load of $ FIFA just lost for TV. And I can guarantee the Russian tourist industry is not happy.
    US citizens will watch the WC if the US is in. But basically yeah. To the avg US sports viewer, no distractions from a minor 4 year event.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Who is we?

Phillipino Canadiens ? Gotta root for something I guess...

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Yeah no one cares, meanwhile the US soccer program outstrips every country in the region combined

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    FIFA does. That's why they give so many qualifying spots to CONCAF.

Thats a butt load of $ FIFA just lost for TV. And I can guarantee the Russian tourist industry is not happy.
    US citizens will watch the WC if the US is in. But basically yeah. To the avg US sports viewer, no distractions from a minor 4 year event.
    son, how many americans do you think would've went to Russia? honestly tbh. given all the that is going down these days not many, and obviously not many with lots of cash, that's reality.

And also at the $$$ from US when Russia:
    - holds all the games in European Russia, close to the $$$ in europe, who WILL come in droves. They'll even have games in Kaliningrad .. that's almost central europe. Skt Petersburg and Moscow are also really cheap routes with some planning.
    - is safe tbh (MUCH better then my last visit to Brasil...) and will probably be super safe as Putin won't let anybody with his legacy moment and live The confederations cup showed us exactly this.
    - shares a border with China and visas will be easy to get for the Chinese. This is BY FAR the easiest way picklebreaths will get visas for a WC tbh.
    - has cheap high quality alcohol and cheap high quality women
    - Russians are honestly some of the most hospitable people on earth. Behind the angry grin you'll find many dudes ready to drink you under the table.
    - the fanid system is smart tbh... free bus/metro/train/etc.
    - if you honestly check the progress report you'll see that the Russians are much more prepared for this then the Brasilians or South Africans. Besides the news from the unbiased ( ) US newspapers.

Honestly this looks like a great world cup in the makings. I'm going and know many others who'll go too .. I'd say significantly more will go to Russia then to Brasil.

And son you have to accept that the US is quickly becoming less and less relevant internationally, both financially and diplomatically. And you can bet the Russians will use this WC to point this out. Again, that's reality. Now before some of you throw that gross domestic product comedy at me, please be advised that it is a highly flawed metric, abused to death by western economies to hide obvious deficiencies (mainstream take tbh).

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    What happened sons?
    son I congratulate you for you historic win tbh tbh no world cup would be good without misty and penaldo ... and the guaranteed knockout win we get over you s

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    son, how many americans do you think would've went to Russia? honestly tbh. given all the that is going down these days not many, and obviously not many with lots of cash, that's reality.

- holds all the games in European Russia, close to the $$$ in europe, who WILL come in droves. They'll even have games in Kaliningrad .. that's almost central europe. Skt Petersburg and Moscow are also really cheap routes with some planning.
    - is safe tbh (MUCH better then my last visit to Brasil...) and will probably be super safe as Putin won't let anybody with his legacy moment and live The confederations cup showed us exactly this.
    - shares a border with China and visas will be easy to get for the Chinese. This is BY FAR the easiest way picklebreaths will get visas for a WC tbh.
    - Russians are honestly some of the most hospitable people on earth. Behind the angry grin you'll find many dudes ready to drink you under the table.
    - if you honestly check the progress report you'll see that the Russians are much more prepared for this then the Brasilians or South Africans. Besides the news from the unbiased ( ) US newspapers.

Honestly this looks like a great world cup in the makings. I'm going and know many others who'll go too .. I'd say significantly more will go to Russia then to Brasil.

And son you have to accept that the US is quickly becoming less and less relevant internationally, both financially and diplomatically. And you can bet the Russians will use this WC to point this out. Again, that's reality. Now before some of you throw that gross domestic product comedy at me, please be advised that it is a highly flawed metric, abused to death by western economies to hide obvious deficiencies (mainstream take tbh).
    You argue how Americans won't come and then proceed to argue how Russia is actually a good place to visit? Are you daft?

Good job son. Of course Americans would come. Russia is very nice when they must put on a good face. You don't think Americans know this? Americans travel. And, being the largest country (Fock gross domestic product) with a team ((India, China...No) you think this won't make a difference? Of course it's not gonna severely damage what is already a horrible economy overall. But the airlines and hotels etc... of course they want Americans with $. Get real with this silliness.

And when did I ever say America was relevant in the compe ion? Our best athletes don't play soccer. Americans play maul ball when they are young and then make the switch to the big 3, football, basketball, baseball. However, with a country as large as the US there still is a significant following compared to European countries even though soccer lags far behind in contributions from the best athletes. Get real. Your ignorance is astounding. Americans travel.

Again, FIFA and all parties that make money want American participation. There is absolutely NO reason to give CONCAF so many spots other than to get the US IN. Soccer would be even more interesting if American athletes decided to stick with it and were taught properly. Don't be silly.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    You argue how Americans won't come and then proceed to argue how Russia is actually a good place to visit? Are you daft?

Good job son. Of course Americans would come. Russia is very nice when they must put on a good face. You don't think Americans know this? Americans travel. And, being the largest country (Fock gross domestic product) with a team ((India, China...No) you think this won't make a difference? Of course it's not gonna severely damage what is already a horrible economy overall. But the airlines and hotels etc... of course they want Americans with $. Get real with this silliness.

And when did I ever say America was relevant in the compe ion? Our best athletes don't play soccer. Americans play maul ball when they are young and then make the switch to the big 3, football, basketball, baseball. However, with a country as large as the US there still is a significant following compared to European countries even though soccer lags far behind in contributions from the best athletes. Get real. Your ignorance is astounding. Americans travel.

Again, FIFA and all parties that make money want American participation. There is absolutely NO reason to give CONCAF so many spots other than to get the US IN. Soccer would be even more interesting if American athletes decided to stick with it and were taught properly. Don't be silly.
    son saying Russia is a nice place to visit and saying that americans won't go there in large numbers are two very unrelated subjects tbh.

My argument is that the FEW american fans who'd go to a world cup (economical situation right now, low following of sport, political factors, Russia) are a drop in the bucket compared to the many fans from Europe who have similar disposable incomes and who have far larger passion for the game. India is irrelevant, I don't understand why even bring it up. In terms of economy you get participation from Germany, France, GB, Mexico, South Korea, Japan, Spain, Italy, Russia, Iran and Brazil ... that's a lot large economies with plenty of football crazed countries. China is also relatively close and the visa regime will help boost their participation. So the US with its small following is more of less irrelevant in this spending equation anyway (russia or no russia). You add Russia in and it's obvious that it's best for merrycans to watch it on tv.
    I'm lazy so here's a link from 2014, where Russia is the 27th most popular tourist destination for Americans, can't imagine things have improved since then

and don't tell me about ignorance lol, I work with some investors with factories in Russia, I've been there many times and trust me when I say it, they don't like merrycans there too much, and (justifiably) consider y'all s brainwashed . Also the majority of merrycans are hated unanimously (france, germany, italy, russia, china, japan, brasil, lol everywhere I've been the same opinion) because they are loud, obnoxious, know -all about wtf is going on, are militaristic and are good business only for big brands like Star s/ McCuckalds, very rarely venturing to make significant use of truly local venues. I've seen every relevant city in Europe, trust me I know wtf I'm talking about here. It's got to be a record tbh, opinions are usually not unanimous. So please give me a ing break with the astute merrycan world cup traveller unicorns, ask any hospitality or local venue worker and you'll see that y'all s are seen like a plague.

I agree that Concacaf has too many spots, and has had too many spots for a while, trying to build up the sport in the USA, but it's not happening, the merrycans are just too dumb to appreciate the beautiful game and the rich strategy behind it and the MLS is just a development league for the other concacaf countries. Football (lol calling it soccer don't be a tbh) requires intelligence not nigdom, that's why 99% of all US athletes are bad natural candidates, more inclined towards gorilla sports where they need to jump high, tackle strong and at the end of the game chant usa usa usa I mean atheltes just show the basic values of society and merrycans are not known for teamwork, sophistication or subtlety. Fifa better smarter up and get more spots to asia, china loves football, too bad they suck, but compared to merrycans they're at least learning and paying top $$$ for talent.

So just lol your entire post

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    son saying Russia is a nice place to visit and saying that americans won't go there in large numbers are two very unrelated subjects tbh.

My argument is that the FEW american fans who'd go to a world cup (economical situation right now, low following of sport, political factors, Russia) are a drop in the bucket compared to the many fans from Europe who have similar disposable incomes and who have far larger passion for the game. India is irrelevant, I don't understand why even bring it up. In terms of economy you get participation from Germany, France, GB, Mexico, South Korea, Japan, Spain, Italy, Russia, Iran and Brazil ... that's a lot large economies with plenty of football crazed countries. China is also relatively close and the visa regime will help boost their participation. So the US with its small following is more of less irrelevant in this spending equation anyway (russia or no russia). You add Russia in and it's obvious that it's best for merrycans to watch it on tv.
    I'm lazy so here's a link from 2014, where Russia is the 27th most popular tourist destination for Americans, can't imagine things have improved since then

and don't tell me about ignorance lol, I work with some investors with factories in Russia, I've been there many times and trust me when I say it, they don't like merrycans there too much, and (justifiably) consider y'all s brainwashed . Also the majority of merrycans are hated unanimously (france, germany, italy, russia, china, japan, brasil, lol everywhere I've been the same opinion) because they are loud, obnoxious, know -all about wtf is going on, are militaristic and are good business only for big brands like Star s/ McCuckalds, very rarely venturing to make significant use of truly local venues. I've seen every relevant city in Europe, trust me I know wtf I'm talking about here. It's got to be a record tbh, opinions are usually not unanimous. So please give me a ing break with the astute merrycan world cup traveller unicorns, ask any hospitality or local venue worker and you'll see that y'all s are seen like a plague.

I agree that Concacaf has too many spots, and has had too many spots for a while, trying to build up the sport in the USA, but it's not happening, the merrycans are just too dumb to appreciate the beautiful game and the rich strategy behind it and the MLS is just a development league for the other concacaf countries. Football (lol calling it soccer don't be a tbh) requires intelligence not nigdom, that's why 99% of all US athletes are bad natural candidates, more inclined towards gorilla sports where they need to jump high, tackle strong and at the end of the game chant usa usa usa I mean atheltes just show the basic values of society and merrycans are not known for teamwork, sophistication or subtlety. Fifa better smarter up and get more spots to asia, china loves football, too bad they suck, but compared to merrycans they're at least learning and paying top $$$ for talent.

You are a laughable fool.

Sure Russia is not a prime spot for American Tourism. But WHEN RUSSIA PUTS ON BIG WORLDWIDE EVENTS they change faces. Don't be a fool. Russia becomes much safer (higher security) and much better service the whole way round. And if you don't admit the following you are one gigantic liar. My Uncle is a diplomat and speaks fluent Russian. I have been to those giant smoke filled crap ass airports. Don't tell me about your experience with big fat lies. And it's complete BS to say foreigners don't like Americans. If you try to speak the language and make an attempt to understand the cultural norms for politeness, then you will be fine. Europeans have misgivings about the US government, and take individual US citizens based on their demeanor, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER COUNTRY INCLUDING THE US. Rarely do you get hate directed at the individual, it's directed at the government. And Europeans will tell US citizens exactly this. I don't have to go to a World Cup in order to realize this. Apparently you do.

Fckn generalizing re ...

Gorilla sports. Baseball is a gorilla sport and involves no teamwork? Admittedly, Americans do not like watching players rolling around in fake agony like La Liga and most of South America. And of course many Americans do not readily take on the nuances of a great sport like soccer just like many Europeans can't handle baseball or cricket. I basically love the cultural interests presented in many sports. I enjoy contrasting the brutal nature of rugby with the incredibly polite way the players act towards the ref and the complete acceptance of the refs rulings vs. many other sports where players are allowed to abuse the enforcer of the rules and are constantly questioned. I just like many sports.

You...

You just have a soccer ball stuck on your head walking around like a giant blind Jack-in-Box making ridiculous generalizations.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    nobody cares about us losing in soccer to Trinidad and Tobago

I don't care yet I am here

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    nobody cares about us losing in soccer to Trinidad and Tobago

I don't care yet I am here
    I care. But is pretty clear why the US has never been very good in this great sport. And it's very clear the US has no business being in the World Cup simply because they are not very good.

And I get that the majority of US sports viewers don't care about soccer.

Which is why this thread is 13 posts long and the University of Texas football recruiting thread for 2018 is over 163 pages long. It's not that hard haterhead.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Behind the angry grin you'll find many dudes ready to drink you under the table.
    pause

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Fat American comparing the size of a thread that was made yesterday to one that was made in FEBRUARY

"Who cares we don't care about soccer " excuses were hilariously predictable from the terrorists of the world

You toothless s truly can't help yourselves. That's why you shoot each other in masses every other day and continue to allow other americun.t terrorists to buy weapons from Walmart

Fat American comparing the size of a thread that was made yesterday to one that was made in FEBRUARY

"Who cares we don't care about soccer " excuses were hilariously predictable from the terrorists of the world

You toothless s truly can't help yourselves. That's why you shoot each other in masses every other day and continue to allow other americun.t terrorists to buy weapons from Walmart

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

Find one thread from Feb then even close to it. You won't.

This place is dead because:

All you do is argue about Penaldo v. Messi ya great floating turd.
    And hump on the US and baseball. Talk the sport. Why is Bayern in tatters, something.
    The terrorists of the world, have bad soccer and baseball... So old. Come up with something entertaining. This is bad, that is awful, Messi sucks, Ronaldo sucks.

You suck great floating turd.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Find one thread from Feb then even close to it. You won't.

This place is dead because:

All you do is argue about Penaldo v. Messi ya great floating turd.
    And hump on the US and baseball. Talk the sport. Why is Bayern in tatters, something.
    The terrorists of the world, have bad soccer and baseball... So old. Come up with something entertaining. This is bad, that is awful, Messi sucks, Ronaldo sucks.

You suck great floating turd.
    Without clicking on the Texas Fatnecks thread, I can already summarize what you beluga whales wrote:

• Is this guy fat enough to be our starting linemen? His plumber ass crack doesnt show enough when he's hunched.

• Hearing we might recruit this 320lb Walrus to rush the QB for us next year

• Woah look at this receiver's 40 time! 4.92! That's so fast! Can't wait to watch him drop passes for us

etc etc etc

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    You are a laughable fool.

Sure Russia is not a prime spot for American Tourism. But WHEN RUSSIA PUTS ON BIG WORLDWIDE EVENTS they change faces. Don't be a fool. Russia becomes much safer (higher security) and much better service the whole way round. And if you don't admit the following you are one gigantic liar. My Uncle is a diplomat and speaks fluent Russian. I have been to those giant smoke filled crap ass airports. Don't tell me about your experience with big fat lies. And it's complete BS to say foreigners don't like Americans. If you try to speak the language and make an attempt to understand the cultural norms for politeness, then you will be fine. Europeans have misgivings about the US government, and take individual US citizens based on their demeanor, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER COUNTRY INCLUDING THE US. Rarely do you get hate directed at the individual, it's directed at the government. And Europeans will tell US citizens exactly this. I don't have to go to a World Cup in order to realize this. Apparently you do.

Fckn generalizing re ...

Gorilla sports. Baseball is a gorilla sport and involves no teamwork? Admittedly, Americans do not like watching players rolling around in fake agony like La Liga and most of South America. And of course many Americans do not readily take on the nuances of a great sport like soccer just like many Europeans can't handle baseball or cricket. I basically love the cultural interests presented in many sports. I enjoy contrasting the brutal nature of rugby with the incredibly polite way the players act towards the ref and the complete acceptance of the refs rulings vs. many other sports where players are allowed to abuse the enforcer of the rules and are constantly questioned. I just like many sports.

You...

You just have a soccer ball stuck on your head walking around like a giant blind Jack-in-Box making ridiculous generalizations.
    son 'merican tourists wouldn't have gone to Russia not because of safety issues (which are non-issues, as I've said before, I actually do business in Russia) but because there is little interest for football, Russia is as far as possible, USA-Russia relations aren't great and your average Fox Sport watching merican is biased. These are facts. And yes the airports are not De Gaulle or Frankfurt but they're ok imo.

Sonny I've been going to world cups since Italia '90 and working outside of Germany for half my adult life, so give me a ing break tbh. I have a feel for this continent better than any stuck up with a diplomatic job can ever get. I don't try to understand cultural norms because I'm living with them for years. I'm giving it to you as straight as possible, this is how people see merrycans in Europe and in Russia. I'm not talking about diplomats or other educated folk, I'm talking about your run of the mill s and what they say. Euros are generally polite so they won't say it in your face, but this is exactly what they are thinking and the past 15 years have only made perceptions worse. The American constructed (wars..) and initially backed immigrant crisis is also making you quite unpopular tbh. Also many european countries have significant population from the areas y'all s bombed for -all reason, so if you ever read our newspapers you'll see that doesn't make it in the news in america.
    Also LMAO at if you try to speak the language, don't know who you're interacting with, but in Europe it's either speak something at least B2+ or stick to English

Baseball isn't a sport tbh. American football is just a nigroided version of Rugby, lmao 10 teams and fatass and roided s. Americans dislike flopping in La Liga but love it on Lebron Basketball is being bas ized since 1995 to make it more appealing to casuals (hint : not fundamentally sound european fans), so we got this 3p chucking diving cluster of today.

Don't know wtf that uncle of yours is teaching you but all these countries are fed up as of americans and their government:
    sweden/denmark/norway (many sjws/leftists + trump won in usa => lol)
    germany (get out of europe tbh, afd , stop the wars that bring immigration here)
    czech republic (get out of europe, immigrant crisis)
    hungary (immigration crisis)
    italy (old timers haven't forgot the 70s tbh)
    turkey (self explanatory)
    france (see polls, they also see you (and many others) as uncivilized peasants)
    your only relevant plus relations in europe right now are poland(russia), ukraine(russia), the baltic countries (more russia) and the uk ().

basically ALL of europe sees you as
    1) cretinous hillbillies for democratically electing trump (true tbh )
    2) responsible for the last 10 years of economic hardship because you don't give a about reasonable economic realities (petrodollar rip )... I know this ones unfair but perception is what it is.
    3) also the older generation remembers the nixon shock
    4) responsible for the immigration crisis
    so y'all going full speed down in all relevant ratings.

And don't get me started on your tourists because it's just

Call me out more maybe you'll learn something.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count

I was going to go to the Brasil WC in 2014 but didn't get a chance because of work...

I will definitely be making plans to be in Russia next year.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count

Much of this is true.

When I travel to Europe, most people are noticeably friendlier to me when I say I am from Mexico rather than stating that I am from the US. I still love the US though. Again, a shame they didn't qualify.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    son 'merican tourists wouldn't have gone to Russia not because of safety issues (which are non-issues, as I've said before, I actually do business in Russia) but because there is little interest for football, Russia is as far as possible, USA-Russia relations aren't great and your average Fox Sport watching merican is biased. These are facts. And yes the airports are not De Gaulle or Frankfurt but they're ok imo.

Sonny I've been going to world cups since Italia '90 and working outside of Germany for half my adult life, so give me a ing break tbh. I have a feel for this continent better than any stuck up with a diplomatic job can ever get. I don't try to understand cultural norms because I'm living with them for years. I'm giving it to you as straight as possible, this is how people see merrycans in Europe and in Russia. I'm not talking about diplomats or other educated folk, I'm talking about your run of the mill s and what they say. Euros are generally polite so they won't say it in your face, but this is exactly what they are thinking and the past 15 years have only made perceptions worse. The American constructed (wars..) and initially backed immigrant crisis is also making you quite unpopular tbh. Also many european countries have significant population from the areas y'all s bombed for -all reason, so if you ever read our newspapers you'll see that doesn't make it in the news in america.
    Also LMAO at if you try to speak the language, don't know who you're interacting with, but in Europe it's either speak something at least B2+ or stick to English

Baseball isn't a sport tbh. American football is just a nigroided version of Rugby, lmao 10 teams and fatass and roided s. Americans dislike flopping in La Liga but love it on Lebron Basketball is being bas ized since 1995 to make it more appealing to casuals (hint : not fundamentally sound european fans), so we got this 3p chucking diving cluster of today.

Don't know wtf that uncle of yours is teaching you but all these countries are fed up as of americans and their government:
    sweden/denmark/norway (many sjws/leftists + trump won in usa => lol)
    germany (get out of europe tbh, afd , stop the wars that bring immigration here)
    czech republic (get out of europe, immigrant crisis)
    hungary (immigration crisis)
    italy (old timers haven't forgot the 70s tbh)
    turkey (self explanatory)
    france (see polls, they also see you (and many others) as uncivilized peasants)
    your only relevant plus relations in europe right now are poland(russia), ukraine(russia), the baltic countries (more russia) and the uk ().

basically ALL of europe sees you as
    1) cretinous hillbillies for democratically electing trump (true tbh )
    2) responsible for the last 10 years of economic hardship because you don't give a about reasonable economic realities (petrodollar rip )... I know this ones unfair but perception is what it is.
    3) also the older generation remembers the nixon shock
    4) responsible for the immigration crisis
    so y'all going full speed down in all relevant ratings.

And don't get me started on your tourists because it's just

Call me out more maybe you'll learn something.
    Teaching me.... I've seen it.

You are a fake. Negroid what? This is exactly why you dumbasses keep tangling your feet. You are part of your own problem. So you go to wonderful Russia to see Lesbian bands thrown in jail after a "pussy riot" Or just like the fight clubs?

W. Europe is much more worried about the EU than dumb ass Trump. He will move on. And don't give me this about how wonderful your leaders are when the far right made big gains in Germany and Marine La Pen gave France a good scare and Boris Johnson is a part of England's negotiating team. Then you got Catalans wanting away from Spain and France not letting anyone wear a smidgen of cloth cover their face.

You are the epicenter of the world's largest conflicts, and Germany had its ass pulled out of the fire by the US rebuilding Europe after WWII. You got a Polish leader on the cusp of being a neo Nazi... Keep on going, I'm having fun here.

Or Stop with the , you are making a fool of yourself. If it were not for Europe's constant imperialistic intrusions we would not have a lot of the mess we are in now. England, Spain, France, the Dutch... colony after colony... Germany lusting for conflict until we had to basically fire bomb the out of it.... Calling you out. Keep going... Dig that hole.
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-11-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Thread Information