Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox news slams nbc!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank god FOX is there to filter out uneven journalism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Weinstein's lawyers been inviting Sessions to let his Christian Sharia misogyny run free.

Arrest warrant issued for US actress Rose McGowan

It follows an investigation into belongings left on a United Airlines flight from LA to Washington Dulles airport in January.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41823667

Absolutely not revenge for Rose outing Weinstein.

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox yells "everyone knew about this!!!"

Doesn't report on it ever until now

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder... Did more people at Fox News know about Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly, or Harvey Weinstein?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Su iously Timed Arrest Warrant Issued for Rose McGowan Over Felony Drug Charge

It’s chilling how reflexively such revenge tactics seem to come to Weinstein, who even in the midst of his downfall still assumed he could control the narrative.

McGowan’s take on the whole thing seems pretty spot-on:

rose mcgowan
    @rosemcgowan

Are they trying to silence me? There is a warrant out for my arrest in Virginia. What a load of HORSE .
    12:41 PM - Oct 30, 2017

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder... Did more people at Fox News know about Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly, or Harvey Weinstein?
    No one knew because they're not liberals or they would have reported on it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How can Weinstein order McGowan's arrest in Virginia?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know, right? How can a connected billionaire get done?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect his $1M lawyers have connections to law enforcement, and up high in law enforcement, including Fed level. like ing lawyers from the same law school or law firm.

The timing of the arrest, 8 months delay after the Rose's "crime" and just after Rose destroyed Weinstein's career and company, hmmm
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-01-2017 at 07:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Harvey is a pervert, but that chick is a headcase who ran out of pussy power.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want to work in Hollywood? Here's the kind of nondisclosure agreements you have to sign first

I
    f you wanted to work for Leonardo DiCaprio’s company Greenhour Corp. a few years ago, you would have had to sign a do ent crucial to the Oscar winner’s “personal safety, well being and business.”

Prospective workers were asked to consent to confidentiality agreements that not only prevented them from disclosing private information about the actor, but also a long list of “offensive/inappropriate material” they may be exposed to in the development of films and other projects.

What’s more, a copy of the agreement reviewed by The Times appears to demand that workers give up their rights to sue DiCaprio or Greenhour over a wide variety of claims, including harassment, invasion of privacy and infliction of emotional distress — “whether or not in connection with the development” of DiCaprio-related projects.

That’s just one example of the terms of Hollywood confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements, do ents that aim to protect personal or corporate information and have come under the spotlight since the Harvey Weinstein scandal erupted early this month.
    While such agreements were reportedly used in settlements between Weinstein and women who accused the powerful producer of sexual harassment, nondisclosure agreements also are a standard part of getting many Hollywood jobs.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...s=mcnewsletter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a Superstar Economy, a Bull Market in Superstar Harassers

In the recent wave of reports of workplace sexual harassment, a recurring theme stands out: the willingness of companies’ supposed overseers to ignore credible allegations in order to retain a perceived star.

employers and board members appear to have gone to great lengths to avoid jeopardizing the careers of luminaries accused of misbehavior.

The pattern is so well established that an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission task force, in a report on sexual harassment last year, gave those who benefit from it a name: “superstar” harassers.

“When the superstar misbehaves, employers may perceive themselves in a quandary,” the report said. “They may be tempted to ignore the misconduct because, the thinking goes, losing the superstar would be too costly.”

Superstar harassers account for a fraction of the harassment allegations in the workplace, according to Chai R. Feldblum, one of the commissioners who oversaw the report, but these individuals can have considerable impact.

Superstars are able to evade the consequences of their actions for years, and they exert outsize influence over their organizations.

And because the labor market has created more and more superstars in recent decades, as economists have repeatedly found, the number of harassers in that category is probably growing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/b...s=mcnewsletter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    British police investigating 11 claims of sexual assault against Harvey Weinstein spanning decades

Authorities said the alleged attacks involved seven women and that nine were reported to have occurred on British soil.

Three women have stepped forward within the last week, British police said, including one who claimed she was attacked in the early 1990s.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-weinstein-london-sex-crimes-20171031-story.html#nws=mcnewsletter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Su iously Timed Arrest Warrant Issued for Rose McGowan Over Felony Drug Charge

It’s chilling how reflexively such revenge tactics seem to come to Weinstein, who even in the midst of his downfall still assumed he could control the narrative.

McGowan’s take on the whole thing seems pretty spot-on:

rose mcgowan
    @rosemcgowan

Are they trying to silence me? There is a warrant out for my arrest in Virginia. What a load of HORSE .
    12:41 PM - Oct 30, 2017
    What about Feldman getting busted for pot a few days after he mentioned he was going to release names?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Feldman getting busted for pot a few days after he mentioned he was going to release names?

He was arrested in LA, where fighting is still legal, but I don't think pot is. He was going to name names after he got funding for his video. Seems like an opportunist.

And LOLing thinking it's a conspiracy theory against McGowan. She suddenly decides to get brave after dozens and dozens of lesser know actresses decide to come out and she didn't have much more of an angle to work off on the NeoFeminzais she was staying relevant with. Opportunist when she slept with Rapey McJewfish, opportunist with the re ed Neo Feminists she's staying relevant with and now trying to work the conspiracy nut crowd with this warrant thing instead of fessing up to using dope??? LOL.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DB is one weird fellow

‘Girl I Want Your Body’: David Brooks’ Column on Men and Harassment Has Twitter Baffled

https://www.mediaite.com/online/girl...itter-baffled/

He probably gets paid several $100K / year for this .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservatives turn #MeToo into a witch hunt: Speaking out comes at a price

As Congress struggles with the widening harassment scandal, the burden to “name names” becomes victim-blaming

Last week, Alabama State Rep. Ed Henry responded to the allegations of pedophilia against Moore by

calling for his alleged victims to be prosecuted:

“If they believe this man is predatory, they are guilty of allowing him to exist for 40 years. I think someone should prosecute and go after them. You can’t be a victim 40 years later, in my opinion.”

awakening to a new reality where women are empowered to share their stories, others

continue to question why victims wait years to come forward about sexual assault.

They are turning #MeToo into an excuse to blame more women beyond the accusers.

Comstock and Speier both declined to identify the lawmakers in question, in order to protect the victims.

Some congressional conservatives responded to their revelations by seemingly

casting Comstock and Speier as accomplices after the fact.

Rep. Darrell Issa, a California Republican, said the female members of Congress who shared stories of harassment have an “obligation” to “name names.” He said Speier “should go fully public. And I don’t know why she hasn’t as of this moment.”

“Name them,” Sen. Lindsey Graham demanded of women who know of sexual harassers. “Just get it out. Lay it out.”

Some clamoring for the identification of congressional bad actors seem to be looking for an excuse to blame the women.

Josh Hawley, a Republican running to unseat Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in Missouri, tried to find a way to blame her for Al Franken’s behavior.

Hawley also qualified his call for Roy Moore to withdraw from the Alabama with the favored Republican refrain "if true."

host Laura Ingraham opened her show by decrying the female lawmakers who chose not to reveal the iden ies of Congressional bad actors as enablers.

Megyn Kelly polished her act on her new NBC show the next morning, but she also opened the program by questioning why Barbara Comstock’s testimony did not include the name of the congressman who exposed himself to an employee.

Victims’ reputations are repeatedly picked apart after they go public with accusations.

why she didn’t go public after she was groped as a young congressional staffer nearly four decades ago.

“Even if I had told someone, nothing would have come of it,”

she said.

“This is why people didn’t tell for so long. There was no upside to telling. There was no consequence to the perpetrator and the downside would be significant. I was 23 years old. This was a famous person.”

only 42 percent reported it to a superior.

victim-blaming is pernicious

and can spread.

Beyond the treatment of Roy Moore’s and Al Franken’s accusers,

the burden to “name names” too often relies on the labor of women.

We won’t make a dent in rape culture until we stop asking victims why they wait to report their abuse.

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/17/con...es-at-a-price/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like this story broken by reporting by a liberal media outlet soooo no one would know about it otherwise

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘You don’t deserve a bullet’: Uma Thurman offers scathing Thanksgiving warning to Harvey Weinstein

“I said I was angry recently, and

I have a few reasons,
    #metoo,

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/you...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘You don’t deserve a bullet’: Uma Thurman offers scathing Thanksgiving warning to Harvey Weinstein

I have a few reasons,
    #metoo,

She's a liberal too though so you're cheering on liberal Hollywood while it takes on liberal hollywood

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have a few reasons,
    #metoo,

https://hollowverse.com/uma-thurman/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salma Hayek: Harvey Weinstein Forced Me to Do ‘Frida’ Sex Scene

Weinstein

asked to take a shower with her,

asked to watch her shower,

asked for a massage from the actress, and

asked to perform oral sex on her,

among many, many other things.

“No, no, no, no, no,” Hayek recalled saying to each advance.

“And with every refusal came Harvey’s Machiavellian rage.”

She also described how, during the making of Frida, Weinstein repeated insulted her as not being sexy enough in the role, ultimately demanding she film a sex scene with Ashley Judd or else he’d pull the plug on the film.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/salma-hayek-harvey-weinstein-forced-me-into-frida-sex-scene

Was Niccolo M a rageful guy?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...chiavelli-rage

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She never shows her s. Justified.

Thread Information