Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For real? Did the team say they didnt put it there??? I guess this is the first time they said something in public about a stuff like this. Most times Spurs organization says they "don't have comments about..." "won't make comments". Rare.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 10-04-2017 at 10:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge gonna go off this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus paid to have this billboard put up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he's turned his back on SA. Cut this scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For real? Did the team say they didnt put it there??? I guess this is the first time they said something in public about a stuff like this. Most times Spurs organization says they "don't have comments about..." "won't make comments". Rare.
    Yup, team didn't put that up. If they had I would have expected one of Kawhi and LMA together, at least.

I'll be bold in my speculation. Hopefully the media inquires further. I am guessing some organization that Lamarcus as a private citizen has sponsored is campaigning for him to remain in San Antonio. Basketball reasons aside, the guy donated to the Houston Irma victims and I am guessing is a good citizen, and has privately contributed to charities, etc. His kid is a resident of San Antonio and he's native to Texas. I would venture that he's privately liked and moreover, his significance to the team is known.

I can paint a pretty sad picture, but should LMA leave for nothing in return in the offseason, a series of other sad events can happen. Manu can retire, Tony can come back but his body is already failing and the end of his career is near and will come sooner if he's pushed to play at near all star levels in order for the team to remain compe ive. He can't do that any more for an extended period of time, his body will fall apart quick and he will need to retire. Pau can decline further, then none of the youngsters is ready to be a true co-star for Kawhi, and Pop signed roleplayers to big deals. Nobody knows if Rudy Gay will pull off a Dominique Wilkins and come back from that achilles tear better than ever. The team could face a situation where they have to rebuild and don't have assets to trade to improve the roster around Kawhi. Pop could retire, etc. Can you imagine it? It's not that LMA will cause all of these things, it's that him leaving the team can accelerate age related declines already under way and push things to a breaking point.

So, I am thinking someone in some organization in San Antonio who has the same crystal ball I have is already campaigning for Lamarcus to stay. Wild guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, team didn't put that up. If they had I would have expected one of Kawhi and LMA together, at least.

I'll be bold in my speculation. Hopefully the media inquires further. I am guessing some organization that Lamarcus as a private citizen has sponsored is campaigning for him to remain in San Antonio. Basketball reasons aside, the guy donated to the Houston Irma victims and I am guessing is a good citizen, and has privately contributed to charities, etc. His kid is a resident of San Antonio and he's native to Texas. I would venture that he's privately liked and moreover, his significance to the team is known.

I can paint a pretty sad picture, but should LMA leave for nothing in return in the offseason, a series of other sad events can happen. Manu can retire, Tony can come back but his body is already failing and the end of his career is near and will come sooner if he's pushed to play at near all star levels in order for the team to remain compe ive. He can't do that any more for an extended period of time, his body will fall apart quick and he will need to retire. Pau can decline further, then none of the youngsters is ready to be a true co-star for Kawhi, and Pop signed roleplayers to big deals. Nobody knows if Rudy Gay will pull off a Dominique Wilkins and come back from that achilles tear better than ever. The team could face a situation where they have to rebuild and don't have assets to trade to improve the roster around Kawhi. Pop could retire, etc. Can you imagine it? It's not that LMA will cause all of these things, it's that him leaving the team can accelerate age related declines already under way and push things to a breaking point.

So, I am thinking someone in some organization in San Antonio who has the same crystal ball I have is already campaigning for Lamarcus to stay. Wild guess.
    I still think it was his mom. LMA bruised ego needed to be fed.

Anyway, I wonder how we turn "Pray for LMA opting out to sign everywhere else to allow Spurs to sign a true star who has chemistry with Kawhi and fits better" into "LMA stay, please"
    Last edited by YGWHI; 10-04-2017 at 11:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio has billboards??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think it was his mom. LMA bruised ego needed to be fed.

Anyway, I wonder how we turn "Pray for LMA opting out to sign everywhere else to allow Spurs to sign a true star who has chemistry with Kawhi and fits better" into "LMA stay, please"
    I think someone who saw the Spurs spurned by Durant and a bunch of FA these past two offseasons. They could technically be poised to have a lot of capspace for a star in a market that is tight, but that doesn't guarantee starts will come here. I for one don't think Lebron is headed this way AT ALL.

or you know it could be this... (although no logo from a tv station is shown):
    Last edited by SAGirl; 10-04-2017 at 12:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he's turned his back on SA. Cut this scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #StayLMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever works, we need a big season from LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or you know it could be this... (although no logo from a tv station is shown):
    Damn...

A #StayLMA campaign after his poor last season and just one preseason game? Nah...At least not in early October.

IMO it sounds more like a solid marketing strategy.

Some LMA's endorsement launching new stuff...It's the 1-rule: Greate intrigue and curiosity, make people to ask "what's this?", then release the product.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 10-04-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally a non-embarrassment representing the team instead of Little Mexico, Tx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a DIVA

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The sad painting is already in production with the Pau and patty contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know RD2191 had that billboard put up. LMA is his favorite player.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I heard Porker was their first choice but he wouldn't fit on the billboard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know RD2191 had that billboard put up. LMA is his favorite player.
    Don't you ever insult me like that again.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whats up with ut alumni

first KD with the twitter bads, now LMA buys his own billboard

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    So if LMA paid for the billboard for some self promotion and confidence what's wrong with it? Whatever helps him play better on the basketball court, players need confidence. I am all for it if it makes the Spurs a better team. Spurs need LMA to be a beast this season to make any noise and go deep in the post season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you ever insult me like that again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if LMA paid for the billboard for some self promotion and confidence what's wrong with it? Whatever helps him play better on the basketball court, players need confidence. I am all for it if it makes the Spurs a better team. Spurs need LMA to be a beast this season to make any noise and go deep in the post season.
    If it helps him play better then last season then I'm all for it.

Thread Information