My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if already posted.
    http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...017-18-nba-mvp

Historically speaking, the MVP has followed a fairly reliable formula. Being great isn't good enough. Age, wins and teammates matter. And so do some not-so-obvious indicators. So who has the best chance to grab the hardware this season?

Guess who comes out on top?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this quad injury seems to be more serious ... for Kawhi it will be tough to get enough votes if he misses 15 games or more IMO ... otherwise he is an obvious pick

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this quad injury seems to be more serious ... for Kawhi it will be tough to get enough votes if he misses 15 games or more IMO ... otherwise he is an obvious pick
    How serious? I can’t find a single article newer than Sept 30th on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, Sept 30th is right ... don't know why people put these twitter videos in last nights game thread ... lets hope for the best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST doctors have reached this conclusion based on video of the would-be-MVP limping in a recent video. These are the same ST "doctors" who have concluded Rudy Gay will never be the same based on how slow he looked in the workout tapes he released this summer and who have concluded that Tony Parker is done based on extensive google searches of " torn quadriceps injury" and anecdotal evidence of Charles Barkley's ill-fated injury to his quad.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST doctors have reached this conclusion based on video of the would-be-MVP limping in a recent video. These are the same ST "doctors" who have concluded Rudy Gay will never be the same based on how slow he looked in the workout tapes he released this summer and who have concluded that Tony Parker is done based on extensive google searches of " torn quadriceps injury" and anecdotal evidence of Charles Barkley's ill-fated injury to his quad.
    Porker is done dude.

Don;t need reports for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker is done dude.

Don;t need reports for that.
    now that's a tautology (on almost every level).

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now that's a tautology (on almost every level).
    Gonna have to get you a tautology shirt for christmas bud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna have to get you a tautology shirt for christmas bud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker was done BEFORE the quad injury. This isn't speculation, its common sense and...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker was done BEFORE the quad injury. This isn't speculation, its common sense and...

to clarify, the point was not whether or not his game has gone to crap. the point was as to whether he will ever be able to physically play the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious that the media hasn't asked Pop about how his rehab is going. I suppose Pop saying that he would be out for entire preseason was dismissed as CIA Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious that the media hasn't asked Pop about how his rehab is going. I suppose Pop saying that he would be out for entire preseason was dismissed as CIA Pop.
    doesn't help that none of the local spurs beat writers have either the inside info or the balls to get the latest update.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Pop mentioned Kawhi's quad issue went back to last year (where he played with the pain) and that they weren't satisfied with its healing progress. It wasn't anything new and they were just giving him more rest and time to heal before the season started. These preseason games are pretty worthless for Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Pop mentioned Kawhi's quad issue went back to last year (where he played with the pain) and that they weren't satisfied with its healing progress. It wasn't anything new and they were just giving him more rest and time to heal before the season started. These preseason games are pretty worthless for Kawhi.
    Yea, I just meant (at the time I posted it) there were no news on whether he would be fine to start the season or how he was coming along. The press hadn't asked in almost two weeks about him.

Later today, we finally learned (there are some tweets in another thread if you haven't seen them) that he is still rehabbing his quad but he has not been scrimmaging or practicing with the team per se. There are no news on whether he will play the first game of the season. In reality teammates don't exactly know how he's doing, but it's a real thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't help that none of the local spurs beat writers have either the inside info or the balls to get the latest update.
    Once the RS starts, if he's still out that'll be forced to press the issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, I just meant (at the time I posted it) there were no news on whether he would be fine to start the season or how he was coming along. The press hadn't asked in almost two weeks about him.

Later today, we finally learned (there are some tweets in another thread if you haven't seen them) that he is still rehabbing his quad but he has not been scrimmaging or practicing with the team per se. There are no news on whether he will play the first game of the season. In reality teammates don't exactly know how he's doing, but it's a real thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, Sept 30th is right ... don't know why people put these twitter videos in last nights game thread ...
    Because most people here said it was Pop resting Kawhi in the preseason instead of having a real injury. Watching him limping in a 2-weeks old video gives a context...esp one day before the team said he will miss season opener

ST doctors have reached this conclusion based on video of the would-be-MVP limping in a recent video.
    If a player's limping it "doesn't look good at all"...which literally "ST doctors" said in the game thread. That was all.

Don't get your overreaction. Nobody likes that Kawhi is injured but being in denial mode doesn't help.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    very likely that giannis the greek will win mvp tbh. best young player in the game

Thread Information