Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have already received backlash from Pop and his opinions on Trump. I assume most of the people who are disappointed and plan to boycott the Spurs are already accounted for. But what are the implications if the most respected coach and NBA franchise take a knee during the anthem?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So tired of this. I don't really care if someone stands, kneels...whatever. This isn't fucking North Korea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So tired of this. I don't really care if someone stands, kneels...whatever. This isn't fucking North Korea.
    Thank u!

Tim Duncan never asks people "who's you daddy?" he already knows the answer.

Still waters run deep. unless Jackie Butleris in the area...then still waters run away.

Manu Ginobili and Michael Finley walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of AWESOME cannot be contained in one building.

When God said, "let there be light", David Robinson said, "say 'please'."

You wanna know why Geroge Gervin is called the "Iceman"? because he is. The X-men is just his part-time job.

Goin' for tha scholarship Budkin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half the team is not even from the US

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone does, Pop is my bet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have already received backlash from Pop and his opinions on Trump. I assume most of the people who are disappointed and plan to boycott the Spurs are already accounted for. But what are the implications if the most respected coach and NBA franchise take a knee during the anthem?
    What backlash? Most media outlets with half a brain applauded Pop for sharing his opinions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, no one outside of pop cares much about politics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its more like NK than you think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, no one outside of pop cares much about politics
    team went to see Chi-Raq and had John Carlos come in. Team went together to see Birth of a Nation too iirc

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should do handstands during the anthem. It's a win-win, they're standing & they're protesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will kneel after starting whistle is blown

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, because they're not dumbasses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver will fine or make them sit out games
    Against rules
    Former president July 1, 2010: “[T]here are those … who have argued passionately that we should … at least ignore the laws on the books… I believe such an indiscriminate approach would be both unwise and unfair.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should do handstands during the anthem. It's a win-win, they're standing & they're protesting.
    Protesting what ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its more like NK than you think
    No...it's not. I'm not oblivious to what's going on.

In the Mix for Six Darius Bieber's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a rule in the NBA rulebook prohibiting this. They can get fined and/or suspended for breaking that rule.

It is also noteworthy to note that before 2008ish, the NFL did not have teams come out during the national anthem. The Department of Defense paid the league to come out during the National Anthem as a sort of advertisement for the Military. It was a multi-million dollar deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it. Pop put his opinion out there already and will leave at that I hope. Don't need any distractions this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope not. I just got rid of all my Spurs stuff. Pop was funny the first times, but not anymore.

Rand Paul rocks!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one did anything at the Orlando game. I think this has run it's course. An example of the lack of forethought in all of this is that dumbass broad from ESPN who went off on Jerry Jones and called for a boycott of some specific Cowboy sponsors. Some of which sponsored her OWN SHOW.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This^. Thank you!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one did anything at the Orlando game. I think this has run it's course. An example of the lack of forethought in all of this is that dumbass broad from ESPN who went off on Jerry Jones and called for a boycott of some specific Cowboy sponsors. Some of which sponsored her OWN SHOW.
    Dumbass broad? Please explain.........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, because they're not dumbasses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hear, hear!

What backlash? Most media outlets with half a brain applauded Pop for sharing his opinions.
    Yes, as they well should!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Yet if you're black our police often certainly treat black men like they were in NK.

Hear The L Train A Comin' cd021's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has there been a backlash? Haven't heard of anything if true. Heard far more people give props to pop for his comments.

Don't Like Jimi Hendrix? F*ck You.

Hear The L Train A Comin' cd021's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it. Pop put his opinion out there already and will leave at that I hope. Don't need any distractions this season.
    Is it a really a distraction? People use that world all the time. Taking a knee during the anthem probably isn't going to change the outcomes of games that would be an distraction.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it a really a distraction? People use that world all the time. Taking a knee during the anthem probably isn't going to change the outcomes of games that would be an distraction.
    Hypothetical: if the center snaps the ball to the QB and then both teams just stand there and do nothing, does the clock just keep running or will the refs call the play dead? I can just imagine two teams coordinating to bleed an entire quarter on one play. If they want a real shitstorm that would do it.

Thread Information