Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ctions-2017-18

Spurs related stuff below:

LaMarcus Aldridge opts in ... and gets traded

What Aldridge does with his $22 million player option is one of the hottest questions in the league. I probably asked about 50 executives and agents, and the response was close to evenly split.

When Aldridge signed in San Antonio two summers ago, the option barely registered: The cap would zoom up and up, teams would have oodles of room, and Aldridge would opt out to cash in on a new deal.

A player of his age (32) and stature might opt out for the security of something like a three-year, $50 million deal. Waiting another year risks further age-related erosion. (Side note: He's also eligible for an extension before the season starts. Just saying.)

But who is giving Aldridge a new $17 million-per-year deal in a cap environment tighter than anyone anticipated two years ago? Most teams slated to have mega-room are bad. Aldridge serves no purpose on a bad team. The Earl Watson connection will (probably) be there in Phoenix, but Suns GM Ryan McDonough should throw himself in front of any Aldridge signing.

Aldridge might normally count on his in bent team for that sort of offer. But if this season ends the way the last one did, both parties might be ready to move on. He could still choose that $22 million over a cool market, work with the Spurs on a trade, and try free agency again in the summer of 2019 -- when teams are (for now) projected to have more cap room.

Kawhi Leonard wins MVP

I picked LeBron James a year ago. I was tempted again, but voter fatigue has metastasized. This is a regular-season award; it is absolutely fair to dock LeBron for waiting until April to try on defense.

Kawhi Leonard finished third last season, and the top-two finishers have three new Hall of Fame teammates between them. James Harden and Russell Westbrook won't repeat their anomalous statistical absurdity. Durant and Stephen Curry cannibalize each other. I am skeptical the Bucks win enough to propel Giannis Antetokounmpo.

That leaves Leonard, who should be about ready after sitting the preseason. He showed in the playoffs that he can ramp up his playmaking -- the part of his resume that falls short of historic MVP candidacy levels. If he averages five-plus assists per game, he could emerge as the favorite.

He will probably be the lone All-Star on a 55-plus-win team. He carried the Spurs on offense last season, popping for jumpers all over the court and bailing out dead possessions. He is the NBA's soul-snatcher on defense.

Popovich's resting practices work against him, but cracking 70 games again will satisfy voters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally don't think he's going to opt in to be traded. If he wants to sign that cheaply, SA will keep him. Lowe's been trying to push this narrative for years now. It's getting old.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Kawhi winning MVP isn't a crazy prediction. his ty crazy prediction was last season when he said the Spurs wouldn't even win 50 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVP blah. People talk about it like its an NBA trophy. The only MVP that counts is a finals MVP.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't this ing cuck say we wouldn't win 50 games?

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, I’d be disappointed to see LMA traded. No way we’d get the same value in return. Might as well retire in San Antonio, whether you hate him or just dislike him

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would totally keep Aldridge at 3/50 if he opts out. Though I wouldn't want a player option on year 3.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Lowe's gotten so much worse since he became semi well known.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons brought out the best in him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth. He used to be one of the best, now he's just another ESPN thoughtless poster milking the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Predicting Kawhi for MVP (if healthy... ) is not a crazy prediction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't read Lowe's entire crazy predictions but caught this on another website... he thinks the Rockets will land Lebron James next season... really?
    https://www.thedreamshake.com/2017/1...e-agent-rumors

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't read Lowe's entire crazy predictions but caught this on another website... he thinks the Rockets will land Lebron James next season... really?
    I think that too tbh...and Wade would follow

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that too tbh...and Wade would follow
    How would they do that? Would they have the salary cap space to do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just stupid. Rockets are going to struggle this season with an iden y issue as it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Predicting Kawhi for MVP (if healthy... ) is not a crazy prediction.
    Predicting Kawhi to be healthy is a crazy prediction though tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Grantland got pulled and he and Barnwell joined the main site. Audience is different and they need to pander to dumber people with short attention spans by spitting out hot takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi winning MVP isn't a crazy prediction. his ty crazy prediction was last season when he said the Spurs wouldn't even win 50 games
    This. On Open Court 3 of the 5 ex-NBAers picked KL for MVP this year including Shaq, Zeke and someone else I can't recall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is not black enough for these dudes, in franchise or city. Yet all we hear is "players would love to play for Pop." Yeah, sure. Even Game of Zones had it right with the soul box bit.

They ain't bringing their talents here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh great, now jackie macmullen is gonna report that a source told her LMA is getting traded

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh great, now jackie macmullen is gonna report that a source told her LMA is getting traded
    Are you serious?

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    This. On Open Court 3 of the 5 ex-NBAers picked KL for MVP this year including Shaq, Zeke and someone else I can't recall.
    Zeke makes all these shows infinitely more watchable. So real with his takes and has the most infectious laugh. Always cracking up watching him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it Dennis Scott ? He's a Leonard fan

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Was it Dennis Scott ? He's a Leonard fan
    D3 just says the truth. No biases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zeke makes all these shows infinitely more watchable. So real with his takes and has the most infectious laugh. Always cracking up watching him.
    Sooo true, would've been dope seeing him don the silver and black

Thread Information