Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So tired of this. I don't really care if someone stands, kneels...whatever. This isn't ing North Korea.
    Hear, hear!

What backlash? Most media outlets with half a brain applauded Pop for sharing his opinions.
    Yes, as they well should!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So tired of this. I don't really care if someone stands, kneels...whatever. This isn't ing North Korea.
    Yep. Yet if you're black our police often certainly treat black men like they were in NK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have already received backlash from Pop and his opinions on Trump. I assume most of the people who are disappointed and plan to boycott the Spurs are already accounted for. But what are the implications if the most respected coach and NBA franchise take a knee during the anthem?
    Has there been a backlash? Haven't heard of anything if true. Heard far more people give props to pop for his comments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it. Pop put his opinion out there already and will leave at that I hope. Don't need any distractions this season.
    Is it a really a distraction? People use that world all the time. Taking a knee during the anthem probably isn't going to change the outcomes of games that would be an distraction.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it a really a distraction? People use that world all the time. Taking a knee during the anthem probably isn't going to change the outcomes of games that would be an distraction.
    Hypothetical: if the center snaps the ball to the QB and then both teams just stand there and do nothing, does the clock just keep running or will the refs call the play dead? I can just imagine two teams coordinating to bleed an entire quarter on one play. If they want a real storm that would do it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver will fine or make them sit out games
    Against rules
    So Pop could use this to his advantage to rest players?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothetical: if the center snaps the ball to the QB and then both teams just stand there and do nothing, does the clock just keep running or will the refs call the play dead? I can just imagine two teams coordinating to bleed an entire quarter on one play. If they want a real storm that would do it.
    Cool, tell me what that has to do with a player taking a knee minutes before a game?

No one has ever accused the players who chose to take part in non violent protest to have played less hard or sabotaging their teams chances of winning so I don't get the point of your hypothetical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver will fine or make them sit out games
    Against rules
    I'd seriously doubt that silver would suspend players, a fine is probably it. Considering NBA players make far more money than the average NFL player, it is probably chump change and no real disincentive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's trending, and blacks are slaves to trends, so you can expect a lot of kneeling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a rule in the NBA rulebook prohibiting this. They can get fined and/or suspended for breaking that rule.

It is also noteworthy to note that before 2008ish, the NFL did not have teams come out during the national anthem. The Department of Defense paid the league to come out during the National Anthem as a sort of advertisement for the Military. It was a multi-million dollar deal.
    This is a falsehood that needs to stop being perpetuated. The NFL only changed that for primetime games. They were already out on the field before that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope not. Manu is old and a 50 year old bare knee on hardwood isn't the same as a padded knee on grass.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool, tell me what that has to do with a player taking a knee minutes before a game?
    It would be a much more extreme version of protest, actually hitting the league where it hurts. Can you imagine a whole quarter without commercial breaks?

I admit that it's a silly thought, and in football it would throw off the balance of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its more like NK than you think
    You couldn't even post that in North Korea.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be a much more extreme version of protest, actually hitting the league where it hurts. Can you imagine a whole quarter without commercial breaks?

I admit that it's a silly thought, and in football it would throw off the balance of the game.
    Yes, but the players care too much about their stats for that. Not to mention bonuses that kick in on performance / snap count.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question is will pop ever get off his knees?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops wants to have uncomfortable conversations...unless you ask him a legitimate question about his rotations is a playoff series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is a pretty big military city. That wouldn't be wise. And what backlash have they received? The seasons hasn't even started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Poop kneel and click off the flag during the anthem tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can bet your ass Poop would stand at attention and salute for the playing of the Internationale tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I usually say, "I don't give a fraction of a ."

At this point, I give negative s (i.e. less than zero).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've read there's a video out there of pop pissing on the flag while praising Che.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would just be stupid. I don't get why people who are complaining about Trump's ty ideas or declarations should kneel during the national anthem or spit on the flag. Trump is a dumbass but he doesn't stand for USA, despite being the president, he just stands for his crap ideas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've read there's a video out there of pop pissing on the flag while praising Che.

I knew that ! Popovich is a Russian spy who managed to stay under the radar since the Cold War. Send him to Guantanamo !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The players are using their platform to call attention to racial injustice during the national anthem. Carrying it over to the actual game isn't just silly it goes against the actual point of protesting during the national anthem thats why it would never happen.

Thread Information