Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The time to be worried about the roster is when you're a free agent.

Not when you have three years left on a $20 million/year deal that you signed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the greatest 20+ year runs in NBA history and you guys are complaining. Ask a Knick or Philly fan when was the last time they tasted a championship. We'll retool and be in the hunt again because despite what people think on this forum, we have the best run organization in the NBA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the greatest 20+ year runs in NBA history and you guys are complaining. Ask a Knick or Philly fan when was the last time they tasted a championship. We'll retool and be in the hunt again because despite what people think on this forum, we have the best run organization in the NBA

The spurs will be better again once washed up pop and made by presti leaves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The time to be worried about the roster is when you're a free agent.

Not when you have three years left on a $20 million/year deal that you signed.
    He wasn’t some random player. He was the franchise. He had a right to an opinion about his supporting cast. Especially since these opinions came out right after the FO signed Mills to a 50 million dollar deal.

As ty as the delivery method was, the content was spot on. There’s no denying it now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about this roster now, fluffers? Looks like us "fake fans" where right. Who knows if and how much an issue this was, but Kawhi made the right decision to leave while he could. Who the would want to carry a team with Bryn Forbes, Rudy Gay, Patty Mills, and Pau Gasol? A team where, if you take too many shots, LMA will be upset.

I knew it. I ing knew our championship days were over when Woj dropped the news about Mills new contract.
    our time was up when the FO chose aldridge over leonard tbh. i'm not an aldridge hater but primadonna's don't deserve court time nor an extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our time was up when the FO chose aldridge over leonard tbh. i'm not an aldridge hater but primadonna's don't deserve court time nor an extension.
    I don't even disagree, but that's why upgrades whenever possible were necessary because, with or without Leonard, we would still be relying on that disgusting fadeaway midrange game every night.

I've never been an Aldridge fan and never will. Even more so seeing now that he clearly can't play with another high usage player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even disagree, but that's why upgrades whenever possible were necessary because, with or without Leonard, we would still be relying on that disgusting fadeaway midrange game every night.

I've never been an Aldridge fan and never will. Even more so seeing now that he clearly can't play with another high usage player.
    what the spurs need are some dogs on defense and it looks like we let them off the leash to find a new home north in canada unfortunately.

we need grit on this team and less "offensive" players like beli and the like. we need some toughness and hustle out there. i'd rather see the spurs lose in fashion than getting blown out by the tpups because we just have no fight in our guys.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with a decline. We had it great for two decades. It's this middle ground that drives me crazy. I know we are looking at the last years of Pop and front office nor him want to waste them, but is there a chance we could tank and trade away for bigger chances next draft and cap space? Lots of great players next year are FAs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with a decline. We had it great for two decades. It's this middle ground that drives me crazy. I know we are looking at the last years of Pop and front office nor him want to waste them, but is there a chance we could tank and trade away for bigger chances next draft and cap space? Lots of great players next year are FAs.
    The Spurs haven't been a lousy team for so long, people tend to forget what that means and romanticize it as something to be desired, i.e., "oh boy, let's tank."

Lots of great players next year are FAs.
    One thing we have forgotten about being a bad team is that it really doesn't matter whether lots of great FAs are available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m really curious how the FO slurpers will spin it when Kawhi bolts. My guess is, “yeah we lost Kawhi, but we don’t need him. Pop! Kultur! System!” Etc etc
    Me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    signing LMA in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it was LAST ING SEASON. But what have they done for you lately?
    Scoreboard. Kill yourself get

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I still don't buy it.

No Kawhi is disconnected from the team. He missed training camp, he isn't travelling with them, he isn't practicing with them. I can count the number of games he's played this season on two hands, and most of those were on a minutes restriction.

I'd be more surprised if Kawhi said he DID feel connected with the team, tbh.

Woj is probably just sick of being stonewalled by the Spurs so he is making a big story out of nothing.

Everyone freaked out about the LMA rumors too, and the Spurs were able to sort that out. I'll take the teams track record over a couple of articles from unnamed "sources". Funny how Woj's article doesn't have any direct quotes other than stuff from Pop and Buford that we already knew about Kawhi's injury.
    Oops

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really a great call by Kawhi and Dennis about how terrible the roster/FO was....

The only misstep so far was not playing it nice and getting the supermax before demanding out, but I guess he wanted to win now. Great move for them to leave this sinking ship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont fault the signing
    but when dude melts away like Thanos snapped his fingers on him
    after a 67 win season
    with Tim Duncan on the Roster
    after dominating game 1
    then starts the next season "in a funk"

EJECT and trade for the asset to build around your employee of the month
    your 'future of the franchise'
    He was a 7-footer who played like he was 6'8" back in Portland, with his soft game of 17-foot turnaround fadeaways, poor passing and low bbiq.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Tony Parker didn't want any part of this show of a roster.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We ed up and it's time to move on.

Make changes.

Only Derozan, the rooks, 2nd years, and Dejounte should still be around next year. Maybe Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We ed up and it's time to move on.

Make changes.

Only Derozan, the rooks, 2nd years, and Dejounte should still be around next year. Maybe Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those idiots sayings shouldnt be complaining after 20yrs of excellence...

isnt the purpose of participating in sport is to win or put urself in a position to compete/win? if not.... then why build a team close to the cap?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Tony Parker didn't want any part of this show of a roster.
    They wanted to play Forbes, Mills AND White ahead of him in the rotation, with Murray starting. Of course he wanted out.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker is no longer a good player either. Let's be serious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi got his revenge including for all the times they use to clown him on the HEB commercials.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3UTNbWxQUk

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop chose crybaby Aldridge over Kawhi. Should have respected your true star instead of coddling the diva that demands touches. I still don't understand why Spurs fans continue to defend LMA when he's proven to be just as cancerish as Carmelo.

Thread Information