Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all your ing and moaning, the Spurs have been a top 4 team in the league the past 5 years.

If that's not good enough for you, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Just don't come around acting like you are fans when the Spurs are making another deep playoff run with this "old" team..
    Lmao this team was getting swept by the Suns and losing to 8th seeds until this guy came in and carried the FO

Thank god the Raptors drafted Valenciunas when they did or he would've been our franchise player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I hear is a bunch of es ing.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hear fluffers gagging and deflecting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is to be expected. Whenever Pop keeps an injured player out of a tough losing playoff series to protect him from long-term injury, that player starts to think about leaving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. It's been that way for a while. Rarely do "young blood" teams win it all.

But let the folks who want a full blown youth movement keep doing their thing
    So many people value the future over the present. They would take one bird in the bush over two in the hand it seems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing Manu, Pau & Patty and not moving LMA is equivalent to blowing up the team. Spurs are soft on the court and soft in the head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For all your ing and moaning, the Spurs have been a top 4 team in the league the past 5 years.
    Isn't this what the Suns and Mavs fan bases would refer to when they were being laughed out of the forum every year by Spurs fans who insisted being the biggest threat to win it all is what mattered most?

The fluffers here have officially become those fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how those who say that those with legitimate criticisms whine and over-exaggerate then proceed to whine about us and start over-exaggerating our claims...No one is asking for a full-blown youth movement to replace everyone on the roster, but we are right to question why PATFO - which has had ample time - hasn't done more to move away from it's older players as the biggest pieces on the team.

A 40 year old should not be your best bench player, you should not have a 35 year old as your only PG ready to compete against Harden/CP3/Russ/Curry and others, nor should you have a Spanish softie who is tired by third quarter playing most of your center minutes. These are legitimate criticisms.
    Last edited by TimDunkem; 10-12-2017 at 08:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont worry too much Kawhi

Marc Gasol is coming.....

And of course, The King......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lame "source". Lame SI website. Lame that everyone tends to pull the sheet over the Spurs every single year..."fans", media, etc.

Someday all the naysayers will be right, but I like how the most successful franchise in American sport the last 20 years gets continually bashed.

(I did question the Gasol extension too...admittedly)

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Dont worry too much Kawhi

Marc Gasol is coming.....

And of course, The King......
    Damn, if Jerry West manages to get Marc Gasol, LeBron and Kawhi to the Clippers, he is inarguably the greatest executive in sports history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO fuluffers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I hear is a bunch of es ing.
    It's pointless to argue with TGY, he's indefatigable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a discussion about Kawhi's and the teams future. When you still depend on 40/yr old Manu who may retire (and probably should) next season, 36 yr old Tony who gets injured 20 games a season and is always getting injured in the playoffs at this point of his career anyways, and paying Pau to play until he's 40 when he already has trouble with the elite shooting teams.... then yea I am concerned about the teams future and I have been for a while and Kahwi should too. So should PATFO. They need to seek to improve each season anyways.

Unlike TGY I do like the team's young players but they aren't HOF players, they are role players, many of them regular minutes sponges at this point. The HoF players, the guys Pop relies on to really win games are ancient. And then there's Lamarcus with the unhappy-diva act. So if you aren't concerned it's bc you just choose not to, which is fine to me. But don't be preachy about those who can foresee some trouble in paradise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a discussion about Kawhi's and the teams future. When you still depend on 40/yr old Manu who may retire (and probably should) next season, 36 yr old Tony who gets injured 20 games a season and is always getting injured in the playoffs at this point of his career anyways, and paying Pau to play until he's 40 when he already has trouble with the elite shooting teams.... then yea I am concerned about the teams future and I have been for a while and Kahwi should too. So should PATFO. They need to seek to improve each season anyways.

Unlike TGY I do like the team's young players but they aren't HOF players, they are role players, many of them regular minutes sponges at this point. The HoF players, the guys Pop relies on to really win games are ancient. And then there's Lamarcus with the unhappy-diva act. So if you aren't concerned it's bc you just choose not to, which is fine to me. But don't be preachy about those who can foresee some trouble in paradise.
    Thank you. Well said.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    He should be... Pop keeping really old geezers.
    To be fair to the Spurs they tried to shift gears and do something differently this summer and were just unable to.
    If Lamarcus walks for nothing and Spurs don't land anyone of significance next summer they will be in trouble.
    Like signing signing a 32 year old CP3 to a max contract? Yeah, that's different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m really curious how the FO slurpers will spin it when Kawhi bolts. My guess is, “yeah we lost Kawhi, but we don’t need him. Pop! Kultur! System!” Etc etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also curious to see if said slurpers realize this franchise has a 5 year window after Kawhi bolts before its moved to Seattle.

I do like the alliteration of the Seattle Spurs

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I’m just trying to pass Tim Duncan in championships... That’s my motivation, that’s what I strive for. Tim is one of the greatest players who has ever played, so if I could get close or reach that plateau and have my name on that list ...”
    Kawhi is about winning Championships. He ain't winning 'Ships w/ this roster in the forseeable future tbh and you all know this. Anyone saying the opposite is delusional. Althought Kawhi said he "wants to be a Spurs for life" he very well (and sincerely) could be worried about this team future.

Those citing 20+straight Playoffs appearances and 50+ wins are viewing this from a fan perspective. I know its cool to brag about it. But Kawhi don't care about that . He's about WINNING. Not going home early w/ empty hands.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I were him, I'd be worried too after they just gave Pau and expendable Patty 100 mil for next 2-4 years tbh.. Not to mention, Tony wants to play til 2020..

Spurs undervalued the culture that's been built within the foundation of their organization over the past 20 years, while overvaluing the culture of A bench niche player. Spurs would have been fine letting Patty walk and using that money next summer for a bigger need.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 10-12-2017 at 10:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our players are too old!

Our young players are bad!

Kawhi has no help

I'm done trying to get into facts, because you guys clearly aren't living in reality.

If that's not good enough for you, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Just don't come around acting like you are fans when the Spurs are making another deep playoff run with this "old" team.

I hear they are still accepting applications on the Warriors bandwagon...
    Remember when the Spurs has a perennial MVP candidate and were in serious contention to win it all? Remember when there was a serious chance of winning a chip instead of being a top 4 team? Because I do.

Only a handful of teams have a talent comparable to Kawhi. Those teams bent over backwards to make serious improvements to their roster because they weren’t content being a “top 4 team.” They wanted to be the top team.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your though process and contentment is exactly why Kawhi will be bouncing ina. Couple years

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is not going to leave. The super max will be too much to turn down.

Also A Pacers Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when the Spurs has a perennial MVP candidate and were in serious contention to win it all? Remember when there was a serious chance of winning a chip instead of being a top 4 team? Because I do.

Only a handful of teams have a talent comparable to Kawhi. Those teams bent over backwards to make serious improvements to their roster because they weren’t content being a “top 4 team.” They wanted to be the top team.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your though process and contentment is exactly why Kawhi will be bouncing ina. Couple years
    Dude and others like him saying this are now pretty much Suns/Mavs fans who were trolled on this forum for years for being content with just being a cute regular season team.

Thread Information