Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this reporter . Every year they're all worried about the Spurs being too old. Every season is the end blah blah blah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if I had to guess the Spurs will go all in on Lebron. Hopefully the Pop-Bron lovefest and Murray's little brother relationship with him will be enough to lure him. Ultimately, I can't help but to feel bad for a guy that is currently subject to a front office that insists on sticking with aging former all stars, and really has little help while expecting to compete with the likes of stacked teams like Golden State, OKC, Houston, and Cleveland.
    OMG, we beat all those teams except GS and its because they played dirty!!!

I wanna see who called us a "fraud team" last year? Who can admit they were wrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gawd damn imposter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gawd damn imposter.
    You're the imposter. I already told you I was on this forum long before you, forgot about it ? And I'm not blaming you for having the same avatar as me. You're not only blaming me, you're insulting me like a poor kid without any other weapon. That's a shame cause if you had asked kindly I might have changed it, cause I'm not as dumb as you and I don't care if you have the same avatar as me. Too bad for you cause now there is not even a chance I'll change it.

But since you're name is RD2 whatever, I found you a new avatar. You're welcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the imposter. I already told you I was on this forum long before you, forgot about it ? And I'm not blaming you for having the same avatar as me. You're not only blaming me, you're insulting me like a poor kid without any other weapon. That's a shame cause if you had asked kindly I might have changed it, cause I'm not as dumb as you and I don't care if you have the same avatar as me. Too bad for you cause now there is not even a chance I'll change it.

But since you're name is RD2 whatever, I found you a new avatar. You're welcome.

Im....pos....ter. You disgust me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im....pos....ter. You disgust me.
    I'm actually quite good looking darling.

Can you just change your tune, it's getting boring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's got you by 2 years dawg
    Guess he can't even read...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess he can't even read...
    Shutup, imposter. I also don't look at profiles, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shutup, imposter. I also don't look at profiles, got.
    Ok, you’re just idiot then. I’m done with you. Don’t talk to me anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, you’re just idiot then. I’m done with you. Don’t talk to me anymore.
    Are you talking to yourself again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Kawhi is much more focused on getting healthy and protecting his body better than on criticizing a front office that cobbled together five championship teams with out a lottery pick for two decades.
    Don't like this double standard.

LMA -after one or two years in San Antonio- can question a HOF coach just because he didn't get the ball where he likes/the numbers he wants/make the All-Star game...

But the humble franchise player who never talks about stats or individual awards...

A young player who only cares about winning...

This player can't say he's worried about the future when the FO gave $18M to a 39 years old center while he saw how other franchises signed Jimmy Butler, PG12, IT, Irving and more?

OK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it was LAST ING SEASON. But what have they done for you lately?
    I like how this post addresses the Spurs roster moves his past off season and compares them to those made by other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu didn't even crack 20 MPG (17.8) in the playoffs TP was at 26MPG, but he looked good, and Pau played 22MPG, 3 down from his reg season average. _b]These guys that everyone says have huge roles are not playing huge minutes[/b], so I don't get the fuss.
    And Kyle played just 13 mpg in playoffs, Murray 15.3...Do you really think that Kyle, Forbes, Brandon Paul, White, Joffrey Lauvergne, will play more minutes than Manu/Parker, Pau in 2018 playoffs?

It's not about Manu playing 18 mpg in playoffs, it's about the young guys playing less.

Spurs old players still have key/prominent roles on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a hard time believing Leonard will walk way from a surely offered supermax deal.

His personality fits like a glove to what the franchise has turned into since the Duncan era.

Those two factors trump any concern he'll have for winning rings.
    Kawhi never said he wants to leave...If the "source" is right and Kawhi's worried, it's because the Spurs are HIS team, he loves this franchise, and want to win more rings in San Antonio.

I'd be concerned only if the team don't give him the extensión when OKC/Russ, Wolves/Wiggins, GSW/Curry already did. Then Kawhi could feel disrespected or he could think they don't appreciate him enough...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truly different is Lamarcus

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe anybody is questioning Kawhis focus or loyalty. He doesnt have to be loyal, he gives his all and we are LUCKY to have him. Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truly different is Lamarcus
    Of course. Unlike Kawhi, LMA only cares about his stats and making ASG games.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be concerned only if the team don't give him the extensión when OKC/Russ, Wolves/Wiggins, GSW/Curry already did. Then Kawhi could feel disrespected or he could think they don't appreciate him enough...
    That's fair. FWIW I don't think there's any chance at all of the Spurs not offering Kawhi the full supermax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my sources tell me the patty mills contract was the last straw for kawhi...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks at thread le

Looks at OP

Confirmed got so non-issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most teams go out when their best player gets hurt. The Spurs made it to the WCF. They did their part by weathering the storm against a good team and giving him time to recover. They should never have been expected to show better against GS than they did. There are a lot of potential rosters that would have higher 2K ratings, but the Spurs had something going last year. I don't blame the team for wanting another try at it. I hate the contracts they gave out, especially to Pau. But I hope Kawhi is much more focused on getting healthy and protecting his body better than on criticizing a front office that cobbled together five championship teams with out a lottery pick for two decades.
    I just wonder how the Pau contract affects others. There are roleplayers the team may want to reup next summer. They may also still want to make a splash in FA, etc. And his play didn't warrant that contract, nor his loyalty (only here one season prior to that), nor the market (centers are at their lowest point in demand... teams are playing PF as centers nowadays, and guys like Kevin Love!--I suppose until Embiid is healthy for a season and starts killing people, he could change the market for centers all by himself but I digress).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi never said he wants to leave...If the "source" is right and Kawhi's worried, it's because the Spurs are HIS team, he loves this franchise, and want to win more rings in San Antonio.

What are you talking about? Why the would the Spurs not offer Kawhi an extension? They'd be absolute idiots to not do so. They could maybe give him options for different directions they might want to go in like they did with Tim, but to not offer anything at all would be absolute idiocy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you talking about? Why the would the Spurs not offer Kawhi an extension? They'd be absolute idiots to not do so. They could maybe give him options for different directions they might want to go in like they did with Tim, but to not offer anything at all would be absolute idiocy.
    I said "IF they don't...". I truly believe they should but who knows. They made weird moves in the summer. If next season they want to keep crazy-Pau contract, LMA opt in, plus they want to give Parker his last loyalty contract since he said he wants to play five more seasons...Will have they enough money for Kawhi's extension in terms of Conley-Curry-Russ $M?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said "IF they don't...". I truly believe they should but who knows. They made weird moves in the summer. If next season they want to keep crazy-Pau contract, LMA opt in, plus they want to give Parker his last loyalty contract since he said he wants to play five more seasons...Will have they enough money for Kawhi's extension in terms of Conley-Curry-Russ $M?
    Well, if they find they don't have enough money left to offer Kawhi a Supermax, they should all be fired and the team relocated. That would be a grossly egregious mismanagement of financial resources on their part.

The only way they might be able to get away with that is if they tell Kawhi that they want to bring in or pay another star player, but even so, they still need to ask Kawhi if he's willing to take less so that they can use that money to offer to the said player.

Thread Information