Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's really no other team in the NBA that could afford Leonard and still remain a championship threat. The Warriors aren't going to get him, and no other team in the West outside of OKC has the pieces to even look like they might try to win. With Melo in OKC, even that's basically far fetched. That young thunder cats squad up in Minny looks pretty scary but they aren't because they lack poise. The Pelicans though, with a good long PG who can shoot the three, could turn some heads with Leonard. It still wouldn't be anything other than a storyline compared to GS.

Stacking has created a 2nd place trophy.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if they find they don't have enough money left to offer Kawhi a Supermax, they should all be fired and the team relocated. That would be a grossly egregious mismanagement of financial resources on their part.
    By "enough money left" I guess you mean actual cash they're willing to spend. Cap room won't matter because the Spurs have full Bird rights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG, Jared zwerlng said....wait, who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still too early to judge this team. We beat Rockets and Timberwolves fair and square with our superstar out. LMA looks interested again. I see some progress with DJM's play already. Putting him in ahead of Patty is right on 'cause Patty has looked like the last couple of games. He's trying hard, maybe too hard.

Could be that Kwahi's worries, if there are any, will go away.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by TheGreatYacht; 11-03-2017 at 04:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All he needs to worry about is his own body.. That's it.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    What a goldmine of gotry reading the old takes of the career PATFO slurpers in this thread who have, and will continue to deny until the very end

Great bump TGY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a goldmine of gotry reading the old takes of the career PATFO slurpers in this thread who have, and will continue to deny until the very end

Great bump TGY
    All credit to NASpurs tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD21

All these slupers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is part of it. Imo.

If I'm Kawhi I'd be displeased with the FO after last summer. Add disagreements with injury rehabilitation process?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is part of it. Imo.

If I'm Kawhi I'd be displeased with the FO after last summer. Add disagreements with injury rehabilitation process?
    Then trade if hes a disgruntled kd wannabe

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be a good thing if he presses them on a plan going forward about how they intend to get back into championship contention as opposed to just taking the money.

Wouldn't be a bad thing if they got a kick in the ass. They started believing their own hype (culture, "system") after the '14 championship and it's partially responsible for the predicament they find themselves in today. They need to be humbled and reminded that talent wins. That means getting comfortable being uncomfortable because this is how the real NBA works. Short of that, they'll continue to unravel and be further exposed as archaic and overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wake me up when it comes from Kawhi...or at least from a ing source whose name I've heard before.

Dude is a senior writer for Bleacher Report for god's sake...the most sensationalized, least tapped in outfit in sports journalism.

Him saying his "inside source" has info on Kawhi is about as legitimate as me saying my "inside source" says Kawhi has monkeys coming out of his butt.
    I'm guessing you've never heard of Woj before? Or do you need to be woken up now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be a good thing if he presses them on a plan going forward about how they intend to get back into championship contention as opposed to just taking the money.

Wouldn't be a bad thing if they got a kick in the ass. They started believing their own hype (culture, "system") after the '14 championship and it's partially responsible for the predicament they find themselves in today. They need to be humbled and reminded that talent wins. That means getting comfortable being uncomfortable because this is how the real NBA works. Short of that, they'll continue to unravel and be further exposed as archaic and overrated.
    I'm sure Russ did the same with the Thunder. KD just pulled a Beta move and left without making his position known. But Russ probably said WTF these guys are scrubs go get me some real players. And in rolled in real players

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Hogwash!! Kawhi's camp vehemently denies this. Just ask them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing you've never heard of Woj before? Or do you need to be woken up now?
    Eh, I still don't buy it.

No Kawhi is disconnected from the team. He missed training camp, he isn't travelling with them, he isn't practicing with them. I can count the number of games he's played this season on two hands, and most of those were on a minutes restriction.

I'd be more surprised if Kawhi said he DID feel connected with the team, tbh.

Woj is probably just sick of being stonewalled by the Spurs so he is making a big story out of nothing.

Everyone freaked out about the LMA rumors too, and the Spurs were able to sort that out. I'll take the teams track record over a couple of articles from unnamed "sources". Funny how Woj's article doesn't have any direct quotes other than stuff from Pop and Buford that we already knew about Kawhi's injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I still don't buy it.

No Kawhi is disconnected from the team. He missed training camp, he isn't travelling with them, he isn't practicing with them. I can count the number of games he's played this season on two hands, and most of those were on a minutes restriction.

I'd be more surprised if Kawhi said he DID feel connected with the team, tbh.

Woj is probably just sick of being stonewalled by the Spurs so he is making a big story out of nothing.

Everyone freaked out about the LMA rumors too, and the Spurs were able to sort that out. I'll take the teams track record over a couple of articles from unnamed "sources". Funny how Woj's article doesn't have any direct quotes other than stuff from Pop and Buford that we already knew about Kawhi's injury.
    So it's all fake news? You initially said that there stories were bull because they did not come from Kawhi or a credible source. Woj confirms a chilling relationship between Kawhi and the Spurs, and you "don't buy it?" And if Woj is pissed about being stonewalled by PATFO, throwing a bomb at them re: Kawhi seems like a pretty piss poor way of getting into their good graces, don't you think?

Where there's smoke, there's fire. All signs point to PATFO massively ing this up, from the injury management to the personal relationship. That runs directly counter to your "5 rings, get" narrative ITT. There's no shame in not being a slurper for a moment and admitting that PATFO ed up.

As for LMA, I don't remember many people freaking out about the trade rumors. On the contrary, I remember some excitement. Regardless, I don't see how the two situations are comparable: a 32 year old diva who might be a top 20 talent is not the same as a 26 year old franchise player/MVP candidate who's lost a season due to injury mismanagement. But I hope you're right and I'm wrong ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's all fake news? You initially said that there stories were bull because they did not come from Kawhi or a credible source. Woj confirms a chilling relationship between Kawhi and the Spurs, and you "don't buy it?" And if Woj is pissed about being stonewalled by PATFO, throwing a bomb at them re: Kawhi seems like a pretty piss poor way of getting into their good graces, don't you think?

Where there's smoke, there's fire. All signs point to PATFO massively ing this up, from the injury management to the personal relationship. That runs directly counter to your "5 rings, get" narrative ITT. There's no shame in not being a slurper for a moment and admitting that PATFO ed up.

As for LMA, I don't remember many people freaking out about the trade rumors. On the contrary, I remember some excitement. Regardless, I don't see how the two situations are comparable: a 32 year old diva who might be a top 20 talent is not the same as a 26 year old franchise player/MVP candidate who's lost a season due to injury mismanagement. But I hope you're right and I'm wrong ...
    Sorry, but I still think the whole situation is way too ambiguous to legitimately say PATFO ed up.

It's a ty situation for everybody. It sucks for Kawhi, it sucks for the Spurs, it sucks for the fans. Everyone wants Kawhi to come back, but I don't see why suddenly everybody wants to point fingers.

Check back with me in a year...after Kawhi has been extended and is still a Spur for life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a rag, Jesus christ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't have much hope for the front office.

I doubt they could muster the sober reflection needed to succeed.

Worse, even if they did come to their senses, the damage is done. They can't undo that. At best, they could burn more assets to dump the toxic ones, but the cure might kill the patient anyway.

Everything they did wrong was written about accurately in forewarning by so many posters here that it's mind boggling.

They did so much wrong I just don't think the front office is still capable of telling good deals from bad. This wasn't one single contract that was wrong, or over optimistic faith in one player being healthy against history to the contrary.

There were massive, reckless mistakes at every aspect that the front office took on:

When gauging the free agent market for players like Mills

When gauging the impact of their deals on the cap of future deals

When gauging the talent and impact of Mills

Misusing the asset of restricted free agency for Simmons.

When they approached the draft like they weren't going to re-sign Mills

When gauging the status of Milutinov going back to his draft, and wasting the best part of a late first round pick: a very cheap player under team control for at least 4 seasons

When scouting the free agent market for bigs and somehow finding Joffrey as a credible NBA player and not the worst rim defender in NBA history

Giving a player option to that terrible rim defender.

Everything they touch, scouting, the lay of the land, free agency, understanding their own coach's predilections, cap management, asset management, the draft, foresight, everything.

For that much to get wrong, I don't know if there's any coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but I still think the whole situation is way too ambiguous to legitimately say PATFO ed up.

It's a ty situation for everybody. It sucks for Kawhi, it sucks for the Spurs, it sucks for the fans. Everyone wants Kawhi to come back, but I don't see why suddenly everybody wants to point fingers.

Check back with me in a year...after Kawhi has been extended and is still a Spur for life.
    People want to point fingers because there's a consistency in the stories from October and today. People want to point fingers because PATFO ed up the off season and (appear to) have ed up Kawhi's rehab.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth: the ty situation didn't magically arise out of nowhere. Where do you think it came from?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Worse, even if they did come to their senses, the damage is done. They can't undo that. At best, they could burn more assets to dump the toxic ones, but the cure might kill the patient anyway.

Everything they did wrong was written about accurately in forewarning by so many posters here that it's mind boggling.

They did so much wrong I just don't think the front office is still capable of telling good deals from bad. This wasn't one single contract that was wrong, or over optimistic faith in one player being healthy against history to the contrary.

There were massive, reckless mistakes at every aspect that the front office took on:

When gauging the status of Milutinov going back to his draft, and wasting the best part of a late first round pick: a very cheap player under team control for at least 4 seasons

When scouting the free agent market for bigs and somehow finding Joffrey as a credible NBA player and not the worst rim defender in NBA history

Everything they touch, scouting, the lay of the land, free agency, understanding their own coach's predilections, cap management, asset management, the draft, foresight, everything.

Let's go home.

This thread is done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So you’re just gonna act like it’s all about roster moves?? That’s the speculation that’s hilarious out here and people ignore the report and add on their 2 cents to fit their personal opinions expressed on this board. Not one thing has been mentioned regarding personnel and everything about injury management...

You can sell me on Kawhi being frustrated on playing time, rest, conservative approach but automatically assuming it’s roster moves etc is just bs

Thread Information