My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    sons I was thinking about the rivaldo-ronaldo-ronaldinho trio in 2002, when all were at their peak (or close to). I can't imagine a more dominant trio ever tbh.

- Messi-xavi-iniesta is the closest I've seen live in terms of game dominance, but they lack the explosive scoring punch and physicality of RRR. This lack of physicality was exploited by mourinho and also discouraged a varied style (RRR was imo more aesthetically pleasing)
    - messi neymar suarez is less talented and less physical imo. Also far less build up play with this trio .. needs an iniesta/xavi/etc.
    - zidane figo ronaldo were old when they finally got to play together .. but by god what a ing team did florentino assemble with the galacticos
    - van basten - gullit - rijkaard were beasts, but far less talented and creative then RRR imo
    - romario - laudrup - stoichkov had less talent physicality and explosion

Also, I hope I get to live to see another brasil like 2002, poetry tbh.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    (1958 -1962) Pele - Garrincha - Didi (consider this... Brazil never lost a match when both Garrincha and Pelé played)

(1968 - 1972) Pelé - Gérson - Rivellino - Jairzinho (a quartet I know, but really? who would you knock off the list - one which doesn't even feature Tostão?)

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Pity-Druissi-Alario

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    (1958 -1962) Pele - Garrincha - Didi (consider this... Brazil never lost a match when both Garrincha and Pelé played)

(1968 - 1972) Pelé - Gérson - Rivellino - Jairzinho (a quartet I know, but really? who would you knock off the list - one which doesn't even feature Tostão?)
    sorry for not adding them but I haven't seen them live. Also imo the game really changed in the late 80s so some skills won't translate that well from pre '75. That being said you named some monster combinations
    I remember early 80s Brasil having some nice lineups zico-socrates-falcao with superb creative play, but their romantic style led to problems physical and organised teams (e.g. vs soviet union in '82).

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Pity-Druissi-Alario
    who are these s tbh?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    What about defensive trios?

Baresi-Costacurta-Maldini, that was a ing wall

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    What about defensive trios?

Baresi-Costacurta-Maldini, that was a ing wall
    you forgot tassotti, but yes .. that's as close to a perfect backline as you can get tbh. Maldini was lucky to learn and perfect his trade under Baresi tbh.
    you look at Italy's roster these days and hot damn .. talk about a dumpster fire

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    you forgot tassotti, but yes .. that's as close to a perfect backline as you can get tbh. Maldini was lucky to learn and perfect his trade under Baresi tbh.
    you look at Italy's roster these days and hot damn .. talk about a dumpster fire
    Ah yes, forgot about Mauro

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Mauro "I got your nose Luis Enrique" Tassotti

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count

/thread

My Team