Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It seems like the NFL is getting progressively worse every year, for a myriad of reasons. I'm not talking about the publicity stunts during the anthem, because if you have NFL Redzone you never have to watch that contrived bull in the first place. I'm talking about the product on the field, and here are a few things that have really turned people away (imo)...feel free to add any:

1. Penalties. It's almost as if the refs have egos now, in that they assert their will on every game. There are far too many ticky-tack penalties in key situations, especially holding calls (O & D) and the horribly misused "illegal contact" penalty. It won't end up being a big story because Philly won, but last night's game was an example of a one-sided officiating disaster.

...and what's the point of KR/PR anymore? I don't know the statistics but it "feels" like there's a flag on 70-75% of all returns...completely sucks the excitement out of those plays.

2. Wide receivers/TE's/etc can't catch. I feel like there's been more drops than I could ever remember. You have ONE JOB, catch the ing ball.

3. Poor tackling...to be fair this isn't new, tackling technique has been declining for almost 30 years now. It still pisses me off when watching a little RB break a big play cause the dip defender goes for the big hit instead of wrapping up.

4. Piss-poor QB play. Outside of Rodgers, Brady, and Brees (2 of which could retire at any time), there are no sure things. Every other QB has bouts of wild inconsistency. There's hope with upstarts like Wentz, Watson, Carr, Mariota, Dak...but time will tell. More duds than studs at this position.
    I must counterpoint:
    1)The have to call penalties, cause if not you'll have everybody be the seahawks and just foul all the time like they do at home
    2)Blame the /inconsistent qbs, brady/brees/rodgers' receivers can catch just fine, but when a wr doesn't know if he has to do a handstand to catch a pass because it was put on the wrong side of their body or behind them or 3 yards in front of them they're going to make mistakes.
    3)Blame the concussions, and guys going for strips, but yeah this one is the easiest fix.
    4) lol dak

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You cannot play football without trying to destroy, that is the game. It's not nice, and it's not suppose to be. It is a war out there. So to try and play the game safely......sucks~~~

Wanna be a football hero, just knock the opposing QB out of the game, yep.....HERO~~~ When ya hear players say.....not looking to hurt anyone...BULL ~~~~~~~~ Yes you are. Sure, not looking to cripple anyone, but knock out of a game....yep.

Trying to play a violent game with less violence....not good.

Nobody has to climb up on that bull, climb into the ring/octagon, join the military, if ya do ya know the risks. Don't play football if you're all worried about injury.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-18-2017 at 03:00 AM.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    5. Injuries...it's a league full of china dolls now.

6. Offensive coordinators who think they're smarter than everyone else. Hey dip , if you have a scrub QB then under no cir stances should you be passing on first down.

7. Bubble screens... gy plays that only work against stupid, undisciplined defenses.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Wouldn't go with.....pisses me off, but would go with......are you serious? Those TD celebrations look totally stupid, where is the creativity with cool and class? All we are getting is ridiculous looking bull . And if you are way down, ya might wanna cool the silliness anyway.

Homer Jones was a 9.4 sprinter at Texas Southern back in the 60's, he was one of the few to beat Bob Hayes, he did that at an NAIA meet at 200m. He was the first player to run a kickoff back to score on MNF. And.......the guy who started it all, yep.....the daddy of ...THE E. He was a WR for the Giants and the Browns.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Being a fan of this team tbh

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Roger Goodell is the biggest problem. A ty commish will sink a league faster than anything else.
    That right there

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I'm tired of all the replay booth stuff. I get it, I'm just tired of the halt in play

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Teams that are in constant rebuild or consistently underachieve. I know it's fun to joke about curses and bad luck happens, but when a team is consistently for decades there's a serious problem (ownership).

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Yeah it would completely suck to be a Browns fan. I honestly don't know how they sell tickets to that

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm tired of all the replay booth stuff. I get it, I'm just tired of the halt in play
    yeah. they should just do live reviews from HQ in new york and instantly transmit results to refs on the field, instead of having them go to the booth for 2 minutes and making the decision to overturn their own call

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Joe Buck

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Forgot about det. He's prolly my overall #1 problem in sports tbh.

Veteran
    Post Count
    3 seconds of action per 40 seconds of ads.

Essentially all top commentating guys for each network.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    8. Receivers who have the easy first down, but instead cut back and try to jigaboo their way for more yards, losing the 1st down in the process.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    8. Receivers who have the easy first down, but instead cut back and try to jigaboo their way for more yards, losing the 1st down in the process.
    Yep, there are millions of other similar stupid plays that are annoying but taunting penalties would be the most intolerable for me as a head coach. There's just zero reason for it if you're a disciplined team. I'd bench the player for atleast a quarter and I bet you Belichick does something like that. Or fine them.

I understand if you scored the game winning touchdown with 30 seconds left but the only possible explanation for it after routine first downs or tackles is just being ignorant. Gotta take away playing time or a check. A close second, is the premature celebrating before getting the touchdown ESPECIALLY idiots doing front flips into the endzone

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    Post Count
    That Joe Flacco isn't considered elite.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Well lets see whats bothering me this week.

-fake care for players health(concussion "protocol")
    -fake gestures toward the military to appease the "muh troops" portion of the fanbase
    -owners having mean girls battles
    -declining viewership/revenues
    -commish who enables the above, then asks for a raise and private jet
    -the martellus bennett situation

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    The Bennetts are horrible human beings. Liars and dramaqueens

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Bennetts are horrible human beings. Liars and dramaqueens
    I'm not saying i hope any bennetts break their leg. Just that there are worse guys for it to happen to.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Overrated quarterbacks like Scam Newton, Matt Ryan, Struggle Wilson, and Dak Prescott being promoted as "elite" by the league and its media partners. They really think their fans are all too stupid to understand what we're watching.

After all the hype about "parity" this year, guess who's back on top of the AFC: the Patriots and Steelers, for the trillionth consecutive season. The rest of the season is going to be another joyless slog to another Patriots championship. This product is awful.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Fair weather fans tbh

The "that's not able to be called on review."

We all saw on replay that Player A fumbled the ball, but because of blah blah blah it cannot be called.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Nobody having the balls to say.....

There wouldn't be soooooooooooooooo many penalties if the NFL wasn't 70% black. They are way too macho and reckless but, since they can run....they must be there.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Overrated quarterbacks like Scam Newton, Matt Ryan, Struggle Wilson, and Dak Prescott being promoted as "elite" by the league and its media partners. They really think their fans are all too stupid to understand what we're watching.

After all the hype about "parity" this year, guess who's back on top of the AFC: the Patriots and Steelers, for the trillionth consecutive season. The rest of the season is going to be another joyless slog to another Patriots championship. This product is awful.

How can a guy who has led the NFL with his....110.1 QB rating, owns NFL records, has won more games than anyone at the same stage of a career, won a SB, a yard away from winning two, played in four pro bowls, is rated high by his peers be overrated?

Dude, what do you do when those announcers talk Wilson up as does all those talk show cats? Dude, why ignore my experience? Seen them all since the late 50's, trust me Wilson is fantastic.

Google....is Russell Wilson elite....is Russell Wilson a top five QB......come on guy do somethings besides just your opnion,ok?

Compare his stats, playoff success, wins, vs anyone, ok? Bone up on this stuff, ok?

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Yeah...but now I'm sick of the orchestrated celebrations. I'd rather someone just score and do whatever they want. Instead of the team celebrations where all I can think about is that they actually spent time working on it together.
    Indeed, this is ing gay. How do a bunch of grown men take valuable time out of their schedules to practice synchronized celebrations and actually think that's cool? I can admit when some of them are humorous, but still...you had to choreograph and perform that .

Thread Information