Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Preseason is wrapping up and I think this has been one of the more fun preseasons we've had in awhile. I think as the season is about to begin we need to start getting in form for the grueling run and hopefully another shot at GS.

Pau Gasol F: I'm not sure if this guy was hungover or what but his defense was brutal, his offense was brutal, he had no lift on his rebounding, he routinely gave up layups or worse he fouled. I'm not sure what Pop sees in him at this point. He has to know he is awful and if he doesn't.... (exhales) I dunno, You'd think with someone playing as awful as Pau did today and as a starter no less, would lead to some L's but somehow we were dominant. I guess the team knowing they have to pick up his slack leads to a more focused group? Anyways I feel this horse is dead and I pe ion to not even mention him in grades unless he has a good showing; this way we can just see how many good games he has total.

LMA A: Honestly, he's looking like an All Star right now. I'm not sure if it's the volume or just the spots he's getting it. But with Kawhi out, we need someone to carry the bulk of the scoring heading into the season. The thing that has impressed me the most about him is his improved passing out of the double team. If he can do that, I'd consider him a transcendent star cause that's the only thing holding him back from being great. His defense is fine, and he's bullying in the post. I give him an A and not an A+ cause he started fading on Harden instead of taking it the rim.

Anderson A-: Kyle is starting to look like a rotation caliber player and could be primed for a breakout season with Leonard out. He is much more aggressive to start and he's been pretty efficient. He's not out of control for the most part and is finishing around the rim or finding the open man. I'm really looking forward to what he can bring to the team and more, how consistent he can be.

Green A: He played alright. He finished at the rim pretty well but the most interesting thing about his performance tonight was that he had a career high in assists if I'm not mistaken. I'll need someone to check that, but he played well.

Patty D: I really didn't notice Patty tonight. He had some turnovers and was invisible for the most part but I won't give him an F cause only Pau deserves that tonight.

Joff A: He really showcased that soft baby hook tonight. Definitely looks better than Pau and at a fraction of the cost. Start Joff crew here.

Forbes B-: Played really well on D but was MIA on offense. Don't know what it is about him that he plays like a madman when he's on the outside looking in and when he's in, he clanks it. Might just be me but that's what I've seen.

Gay A: I just love how he's been playing thus far. The knock on him was the heroballing and iso plays but he's really been playing in the flow of the offense and letting his shots come to him and really just picking his spots to shoot wisely. He could really blossom here imo. And I say that cause I think he could regain his player prowess as he gets back into shape. But it doesn't look like he's lost much at all. He'll look stiff at times but the elevation seems about the same. I think it's just about getting comfortable again and one game at a time.

Manu A: It was a good game for Manu considering. He still looks remarkable at 40, today at least.

Paul Inc: Played great D and showed something on O. But unless a wing gets hurt this season, he's gonna be mostly relegated to cleanup time and situational purposes. I really like this kid.

White Inc: meh

Bertans Disappointment: Grade says it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty good game evaluation.
    Appreciated.
    I don't disagree with anything. We watched the same game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay stroke looked beautiful.....really hope he becomes a better 3pt shooter in this system..

That would be huge for him and the Spurs tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anderson A-: Kyle is starting to look like a rotation caliber player and could be primed for a breakout season with Leonard out. He is much more aggressive to start and he's been pretty efficient. He's not out of control for the most part and is finishing around the rim or finding the open man. I'm really looking forward to what he can bring to the team and more, how consistent he can be.
    Still lacks assertiveness/awareness at times. On that one play he set up Green for the open (missed) three in the corner, the open layup was there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheers for the grades my friend,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always been a fan of Gay tbh. Clutch ass mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson already was a rotation caliber player. Only now he's looking like he can score.

Gay is highly skilled. He'll be a big asset off the bench.

Bertans looks like he doesn't belong in this league. He's a skinny-ass non-rebounding one-trick pony who doesn't do that trick all that well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw the highlights, didn't realize San Antonio was even playing. They never mentioned San Antonio, just Houston. Oh then casually "But San Antonio ended up winning"

Every year it gets worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree on the grades, great work.

I also got frustrated when L.A. didn't keep backing down on harden, and I'm wondering why he didn't stay aggressive down the line, but overall the signs are positive.

I also don't really want to hear too much more about the gasol situation. I think his role is going to be a 20 min minute sponge for the regular season before we go small for playoffs anyway, so not worth fussing about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Preseason is wrapping up and I think this has been one of the more fun preseasons we've had in awhile. I think as the season is about to begin we need to start getting in form for the grueling run and hopefully another shot at GS.

Pau Gasol F: I'm not sure if this guy was hungover or what but his defense was brutal, his offense was brutal, he had no lift on his rebounding, he routinely gave up layups or worse he fouled. I'm not sure what Pop sees in him at this point. He has to know he is awful and if he doesn't.... (exhales) I dunno, You'd think with someone playing as awful as Pau did today and as a starter no less, would lead to some L's but somehow we were dominant. I guess the team knowing they have to pick up his slack leads to a more focused group? Anyways I feel this horse is dead and I pe ion to not even mention him in grades unless he has a good showing; this way we can just see how many good games he has total.

LMA A: Honestly, he's looking like an All Star right now. I'm not sure if it's the volume or just the spots he's getting it. But with Kawhi out, we need someone to carry the bulk of the scoring heading into the season. The thing that has impressed me the most about him is his improved passing out of the double team. If he can do that, I'd consider him a transcendent star cause that's the only thing holding him back from being great. His defense is fine, and he's bullying in the post. I give him an A and not an A+ cause he started fading on Harden instead of taking it the rim.

Green A: He played alright. He finished at the rim pretty well but the most interesting thing about his performance tonight was that he had a career high in assists if I'm not mistaken. I'll need someone to check that, but he played well.

Patty D: I really didn't notice Patty tonight. He had some turnovers and was invisible for the most part but I won't give him an F cause only Pau deserves that tonight.

Joff A: He really showcased that soft baby hook tonight. Definitely looks better than Pau and at a fraction of the cost. Start Joff crew here.

Forbes B-: Played really well on D but was MIA on offense. Don't know what it is about him that he plays like a madman when he's on the outside looking in and when he's in, he clanks it. Might just be me but that's what I've seen.

Gay A: I just love how he's been playing thus far. The knock on him was the heroballing and iso plays but he's really been playing in the flow of the offense and letting his shots come to him and really just picking his spots to shoot wisely. He could really blossom here imo. And I say that cause I think he could regain his player prowess as he gets back into shape. But it doesn't look like he's lost much at all. He'll look stiff at times but the elevation seems about the same. I think it's just about getting comfortable again and one game at a time.

Manu A: It was a good game for Manu considering. He still looks remarkable at 40, today at least.

Paul Inc: Played great D and showed something on O. But unless a wing gets hurt this season, he's gonna be mostly relegated to cleanup time and situational purposes. I really like this kid.

White Inc: meh

Bertans Disappointment: Grade says it all.
    Porker: F, too lazy to even take the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson plays with no confidence, this disrupts his game because he seems to have the ability to do almost everything

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson plays with no confidence, this disrupts his game because he seems to have the ability to do almost everything
    That problem seems to have been alleviated if this preseason is any indication. He's moving with much more assertiveness so far.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for the grades! I generally agree, though I'm a bit higher on Forbes's performance. His 3-point shot wasn't falling, and he hesitated on one shot (which was the worst part of his night, really), but he looked good attacking off of the dribble. He still has work to do on his handle, I think.

Great game for the final game of the preseason. Hopefully they can keep it up into Wednesday.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still lacks assertiveness/awareness at times. On that one play he set up Green for the open (missed) three in the corner, the open layup was there.
    He dribbled to spots and illogically picked up his dribble. Wtf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good grades, thanks raybies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you. Good grades. Where was Murray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grades seem solid, was Green THAT good last night? I don't really know. I remember being impressed with Aldridge/Anderson/Joff/Gay. Obviously Ginobili did his thing too. Was hoping for more out of Forbes, his shots weren't falling but he made a couple of nice floaters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missed layup that he could've dunked. I'm rooting for Anderson. I think he's the X Factor because of his length and ability to create for others ala Diaw. I remember him mad at the GSW game and putting a fight. Spurs need him to make his breakout his contract year.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missed layup that he could've dunked. I'm rooting for Anderson. I think he's the X Factor because of his length and ability to create for others ala Diaw. I remember him mad at the GSW game and putting a fight. Spurs need him to make his breakout his contract year.
    He needs to play to his strengths (including finishing within 10-13 ft of the rim) in this increasingly smaller league and stop being such a pussy out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like his length really bothers guys on the perimeter. Talking about Kyle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw the highlights, didn't realize San Antonio was even playing. They never mentioned San Antonio, just Houston. Oh then casually "But San Antonio ended up winning"

Every year it gets worse.
    Fake news?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's it Philo, bleed your salt across all forums.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like his length really bothers guys on the perimeter. Talking about Kyle
    Fake news

Thread Information