Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the do you get injured like that during the summer? During the off season? C’mon man!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the do you get injured like that during the summer? During the off season? C’mon man!
    Probably from training

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well.... .

This season is built around Kawhi. If he misses significant time and/or is not healthy for playoffs...Spurs are ed. As we saw against GSW last year.

That's not some big revelation...the same would go for any team in this league if they lost their MVP candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop said it's something that's been lingering since last season...which makes it even worse, tbh. If he wasn't able to get healthy during the summer...who knows what the timetable looks like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No big deal so long as he plays in enough games to be in the mvp race again. I was really hoping it was his year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop said it's something that's been lingering since last season...which makes it even worse, tbh. If he wasn't able to get healthy during the summer...who knows what the timetable looks like.
    They probably label it some sort of tendonitis and over rest, rather than deal with the issue

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not include Wolves on the non playoff list. I think that team is solid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read an article which states he first sat out games in the 2012 season due to it, so I definitely think it's a big issue. After reading the article I thought it was all sorted out, that is, up until a couple of weeks ago when we found out Kawhi had to sit out the whole preseason because of it. I was able to find the article again so I'll put it in this thread too. It seems he's had it on and off since 2012. It's not sounding good at all to me if he's still having issues with it since then.

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/14763202/how-biometrics-turned-kawhi-leonard-star

It was a twist of the knee that helped Leonard fulfill that vision. During his second NBA season in 2012, Leonard was sidelined for 18 games with quadriceps tendinitis near his left knee. That offseason, the Spurs sent him to P3 to assess his vastus medialis, a teardrop-shaped muscle in the quads that powers the knee joint. "They focus on trying to balance out your body," Leonard explains. "You don't train there. I learned more about the body."

When P3's evaluation showed imbalances from his injury -- the particulars of which P3 refused to reveal to ESPN -- Leonard and Shelton devoted that summer to ensuring his quads weren't just strong but symmetrically and multidirectionally strong. "Most players are linear; they can run in a straight line and jump vertically," Shelton says. "But with Kawhi, we focus on perfecting change of direction.
    Also, it's been stated in two separate articles the past two weeks where one says the right quad and another the left, so I/we don't even know which one it is that's currently bothering him.
    Last edited by Ice009; 10-14-2017 at 11:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch that head Silver fine the Spurs for sitting Kawhi on opening night.
    League fined the Spurs for healthy scratches for rest. Kawhi is actually hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly this is bad. He has been off since May and he is hurt??? WTF is going on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he missing opening night, I would not really expect him back possibly in the first 5 games. Maybe longer. This could be a nightmare season.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are a top 3 seed without Kawhi? How?
    While I was drunk when I wrote this and it seemed logical as drunk take might be, I stand by it.
    Here are my reasons:

1) Superior coaching (for the most part)
    2) System (More ball movement since we are lacking star power)
    3) Experience (Experience wins game during the season while talent generally wins out in the postseason)
    4) Depth ( Even without Kawhi we are one of the deepest rosters from top to bottom imo)
    5) All Star Aldridge (If he plays like one, we are enough to win vs. 90% of the teams in the league imo)
    6) Continuity (The bulk of the rotation pieces know the system, and familiarity will lead to wins.)

All in all the league may be deeper but it is definitely very top heavy. Golden State, Cleveland, and OKC are the only teams I think we'd struggle to beat without Leonard, but everyone else I think even the oddsmakers would make us favorites to win. Edit: Oddsmakers would make Houston favorites...Maybe I'm just high on this team but this is what I see.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I was drunk when I wrote this and it seemed logical as drunk take might be, I stand by it.
    Here are my reasons:

1) Superior coaching (for the most part)
    2) System (More ball movement since we are lacking star power)
    3) Experience (Experience wins game during the season while talent generally wins out in the postseason)
    4) Depth ( Even without Kawhi we are one of the deepest rosters from top to bottom imo)
    5) All Star Aldridge (If he plays like one, we are enough to win vs. 90% of the teams in the league imo)
    6) Continuity (The bulk of the rotation pieces know the system, and familiarity will lead to wins.)

All in all the league may be deeper but it is definitely very top heavy. Golden State, Cleveland, and OKC are the only teams I think we'd struggle to beat without Leonard, but everyone else I think even the oddsmakers would make us favorites to win. Edit: Oddsmakers would make Houston favorites...Maybe I'm just high on this team but this is what I see.
    You're dumb brah. Spurs 3rd seed without Kawhi?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the plus side, saw some sweet Kawhi jerseys at Marshalls in Austin on clearance for $8. If he misses extended playing time, they could drop to $5.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're dumb brah. Spurs 3rd seed without Kawhi?
    Go ahead and list the 8 seeds.... brah

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go ahead and list the 8 seeds.... brah
    What does that have to do with the other teams, got?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never really understood why op chose this shtick. Who willingly wants to be the "everyone hates me for injuring players/emotional girl when things go wrong" poster? You have been here for a decade plus. You're a grown ing man by now...and one that has gotten to see a lot of success from a sports perspective. But guess when you are part of the fabric of ST you just keep ing that chicken no matter how odd it looks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that have to do with the other teams, got?
    So you cant? Thats all you had to say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have the SA Express News writers gotten off their asses yet and tried to get more info on his injury? Have they asked any more questions about it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have the SA Express News writers gotten off their asses yet and tried to get more info on his injury? Have they asked any more questions about it?
    Pop wants uncomfortable conversations, but not that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I just got his jersey too WTF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this path, Tony will be in the SL before Kawhi tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he even practicing with the team at all or has he been sitting in a whirlpool since Training camp opened? This is scary. How did we go from him doing interviews talking about adding weapons to his game in the off-season, to he is hurt and has been hurt for like 6 months?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he even practicing with the team at all or has he been sitting in a whirlpool since Training camp opened? This is scary. How did we go from him doing interviews talking about adding weapons to his game in the off-season, to he is hurt and has been hurt for like 6 months?
    He has been in the training facility rehabbing and doing treatments. No practices with the team. His return is unknown. Pop didn't want to specify.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has been in the training facility rehabbing and doing treatments. No practices with the team. His return is unknown. Pop didn't want to specify.
    Jesus Christ this is very worrisome. He shows up after his summer training regimen and he is so hurt he can't even practice. What the is going on? Did he do something to really aggravate the injury with his off-season regimen?

Thread Information