Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good post.

Didn't Klay recently go on record saying he wants to stay in Oakland and will take some less money to do it? Some talking pundit said that.
    Yeah he did. But a couple years is a long time. He'll be deeply invested but it's worth a shot lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say opt out for an extension but Adrian's twitter post says opt in. I'm confused.
    I don't think Woj is right. In fact, he should be very wrong, given that the longest extension you can get after a rookie deal or DPE is three years. I don't know enough about the new CBA to know for sure, but that would be the case under the old agreement, and I've yet to see anything that goes against that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans using one terrible mistake, the gasol contract, to justify another one is mind boggling.
    LMA is an order of magnitude better than Pau. If they sign for the same money, it's a great deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he did. But a couple years is a long time. He'll be deeply invested but it's worth a shot lol
    I agree. I'd be a great pairing.

I don't think Woj is right. In fact, he should be very wrong, given that the longest extension you can get after a rookie deal or DPE is three years. I don't know enough about the new CBA to know for sure, but that would be the case under the old agreement, and I've yet to see anything that goes against that.
    Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine in 3 years how sexy the contracts of Gasol, Aldridge and Mills are going to be when they're all on the wrong side of 30 and one on the wrong side of 40; also all of their games going to because of Father Time. And don't ing tell me they'll trade them because the Spurs rarely trade anyone. Bye Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine in 3 years how sexy the contracts of Gasol, Aldridge and Mills are going to be when they're all on the wrong side of 30 and one on the wrong side of 40; also all of their games going to because of Father Time. And don't ing tell me they'll trade them because the Spurs rarely trade anyone. Bye Kawhi.
    Au contraire, Kawhi knows he'll be set into his late 30s and early 40s if he stays in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's okay, I'm sure the Spurs are just working out that good old extend-and-trade maneuver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Au contraire, Kawhi knows he'll be set into his late 30s and early 40s if he stays in SA.
    yeah I guess that's one way to think about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ract-extension

There's an 11:59 deadline on Monday for Aldridge to reach an agreement with San Antonio that would allow him to opt into the $22.3 million player option on his 2018-'19 contract, and extend his deal for a maximum of three additional years.Aldridge is set to make $21.4 million in the 2017-'18 season.
    If no deal is reached by midnight, Aldridge could amend his contract during the season to eliminate his 2018-'19 player option and extend for an additional four seasons.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paying all that money for a playoff choker is bad business. LMA is soft as and who's to say he won't whine or sulk again to the detriment of the team?

Kawhi is 100% going to bolt, in this league you need a big 3 and the Spurs have a big one and a half at best.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is an order of magnitude better than Pau. If they sign for the same money, it's a great deal.
    It is not a great deal. LMA cannot get that kind of money in the rest of the league. No one is going to pay that dude $20 mil/year for multiple years. Gtfoh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not a great deal. LMA cannot get that kind of money in the rest of the league. No one is going to pay that dude $20 mil/year for multiple years. Gtfoh
    We don't know what LMA is going to get. We do know that a team gave Ryan Anderson (who's also significantly worse) $20 Million a year and that someone will give skilless DeAndre $30 Million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't know what LMA is going to get. We do know that a team gave Ryan Anderson (who's also significantly worse) $20 Million a year and that someone will give skilless DeAndre $30 Million.
    Hey cmon leave Jordan alone! Those lobs he catches keeps the asses in those seats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone want to try and handicap this? What are the odds it gets done before the deadline? I'm guessing better than 50 percent if the word is getting out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, yes they will. The list of bigs who just signed for $20mm+ and multiple years over the past few off-season a includes guys like Ibaka, Adams, Whiteside, Horford, Drummond, Dwight, Ryan Anderson, Gobert, Millsap and Blake. Guys like Kanter and Noah are making close to $20.

For all his faults, Aldridge is much more well rounded than almost every player listed up there. Millsap is a better defender and Blake is great, when healthy.

You're a fool or a troll to think otherwise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, the guy is a freaking HOF'er against the Rockets and that's good enough for a trip to the WCF if the Spurs met the Rockets in the 2nd round. I guess that's something. *shrug*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, yes they will. The list of bigs who just signed for $20mm+ and multiple years over the past few off-season a includes guys like Ibaka, Adams, Whiteside, Horford, Drummond, Dwight, Ryan Anderson, Gobert, Millsap and Blake. Guys like Kanter and Noah are making close to $20.

For all his faults, Aldridge is much more well rounded than almost every player listed up there. Millsap is a better defender and Blake is great, when healthy.

And yet poor David Lee cannot even get a contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone want to try and handicap this? What are the odds it gets done before the deadline? I'm guessing better than 50 percent if the word is getting out.
    I can't imagine they just started on this. Maybe LMA's camp approached them about it when Aldridge had a strong pre-season. Maybe Kawhi's hurt more than we know, and the team knows it needs LMA completely zen to weather the storm. Maybe PATFO just found out the new CBA rules (I just did). But failing all that, I think it's been in talks for a while and getting close. The Spurs don't have a history of negotiating against a deadline, though. So I am not sure how they're going to fare here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine they just started on this. Maybe LMA's camp approached them about it when Aldridge had a strong pre-season. Maybe Kawhi's hurt more than we know, and the team knows it needs LMA completely zen to weather the storm. Maybe PATFO just found out the new CBA rules (I just did). But failing all that, I think it's been in talks for a while and getting close. The Spurs don't have a history of negotiating against a deadline, though. So I am not sure how they're going to fare here.
    I wonder with all the factors you and others have mentioned, if PATFO thinks locking him means (since his financial future is secured) that he'll worry less about numbers and All NBA teams, and do more dirty work the team needs.

Spurs have averaged 64 wins with LMA. Can't be all bad.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a useless statement. We don't know the sun will rise tomorrow, but we can make a pretty educated guess.

Based on the cap situation of nearly every nba team over the next 2 to 3 years, which is not very hard to determine, the market for the specific services offered by LMA is very small. The market is certainly not going to pay $20 million plus for those services.

The fact that you used Ryan Anderson as an example makes it pretty clear that you have not considered the cap constraints for the vast majority of the league over the next few years.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, the guy is a freaking HOF'er against the Rockets and that's good enough for a trip to the WCF if the Spurs met the Rockets in the 2nd round. I guess that's something. *shrug*
    ???

https://www.basketball-reference.com...705010SAS.html

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a useless statement. We don't know the sun will rise tomorrow, but we can make a pretty educated guess.

Based on the cap situation of nearly every nba team over the next 2 to 3 years, which is not very hard to determine, the market for the specific services offered by LMA is very small. The market is certainly not going to pay $20 million plus for those services.

The fact that you used Ryan Anderson as an example makes it pretty clear that you have not considered the cap constraints for the vast majority of the league over the next few years.
    Aldridge should easily pull that kind of money.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're a fool for using examples of guys who signed years ago. No one is giving those guys money in the next couple of years, especially when cap space will be almost non-existent.

Thread Information