Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi All.

I'm good with this. Spurs are doing the same thing they have for a long time now; doing their best to re-tool while still trying to be a viable contender. This jives with that in a major way. Despite the drama and "lack" of production, this team with LMA has been to a WCF and had tremendous success in the regular season.

Any improvement in comfort from LMA results in a big time boost as long as some of the younger guys produce.

SA has had a top notch defense with LMA/Kawhi/Danny and were truly one of a couple teams that actually showed a legit pulse vs GS (both in regular season and playoffs).

For all the griping about LMA quitting/production he busted his a** on defense and that is not something that quitters do.

Also, why does Chinook hate Lowe? Lowe seemed to call this one in his last article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am ok with this as well ... but a part of me thinks LMA would bust his ass a little more if he fights for a new contract through the whole season ...

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am ok with this as well ... but a part of me thinks LMA would bust his ass a little more if he fights for a new contract through the whole season ...
    It could also be that having more long-term security could make him play better. Different people have different motivations.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won't even get to have contract Aldridge now

Mills 4/50M
    Gasol 3/48M
    Aldridge 3/90M

all this waste of Cap while Kawhi is still on a cheap contract
    don't even want to think of Green, Fathead, and Parker's extensions

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Presti playing chess while Buford plays with his poop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, why does Chinook hate Lowe? Lowe seemed to call this one in his last article.
    Lowe played the "I love the Spurs, but they really need to tank" card too much for me. Plus people started to think of him as an insider when he used to just be a columnist.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ibaka got 3/$65M, so I'm guessing Aldridge gets about 3/$70M.

Like it or not, been saying for a while, that's it's in both sides interests to work out their differences, get him playing to his potential and commit long term.

They would have downgraded in free agency or trade and so long as Aldridge maintains the work ethic he apparently had this past off season, his game should age well.

This should actually increase the odds of Leonard re-signing. It's bad enough that they can't attract a superstar, but losing an in bent star, without a clear path to another one, would have been worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti playing chess while Buford plays with his poop
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Like it or not, been saying for a while, that's it's in both sides interests to work out their differences, get him playing to his potential and commit long term.

They would have downgraded in free agency or trade and so long as Aldridge maintains the work ethic he apparently had this past off season, his game should age well.

This should actually increase the odds of Leonard re-signing. It's bad enough that they can't attract a superstar, but losing an in bent star, without a clear path to another one, would have been worse.
    Agreed 100%. Everyone assumes that if Aldridge leaves, the Spurs are going to use that contract space to bring in a star of equal or lesser value.

If you look at the Spurs history in free agency, that is far from gauranteed. Unless Lebron surprises us all and decides to come over next season, the Spurs still aren't a premiere FA destination...probably even less so now with the emergence of Houston and OKC.

Like it or not, the odds of the Spurs turning Aldridge into a valuable piece and maintaining continuity in the lineup bode better than trying to scrap the current team and rebuild from scratch around Kawhi in the next season or two.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Lol at re s on this forum thinking most GMs wouldn't give LMA 20 million a season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed 100%. Everyone assumes that if Aldridge leaves, the Spurs are going to use that contract space to bring in a star of equal or lesser value.

If you look at the Spurs history in free agency, that is far from gauranteed. Unless Lebron surprises us all and decides to come over next season, the Spurs still aren't a premiere FA destination...probably even less so now with the emergence of Houston and OKC.

Like it or not, the odds of the Spurs turning Aldridge into a valuable piece and maintaining continuity in the lineup bode better than trying to scrap the current team and rebuild from scratch around Kawhi in the next season or two.
    Tldr;

"Spurs don't sign star FA's, so might as well not even try and settle with being average. RC let me drink your bath water baby I'll never question a move"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile in Fathead's world:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...n-12282116.php

Sources: No extension for Kyle Anderson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless it was for really cheap, I didn't want SA to extend Anderson. He needs to change his at ude, and facing NBA mortality might do that. It's a shame though that if he shows well, Brooklyn may Crabbe him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile in Fathead's world:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...n-12282116.php

Sources: No extension for Kyle Anderson
    No reason to do so. He hasn't proven anything. And he'll still be an RFA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What I bolded was really my worry.
    Once they signed Pau and Mills they showed they committed to this team... the better players of which are Kawhi and Aldridge. If Lamarcus walked they would be in a bad situation. I never thought Lebron or whomever was coming here next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tldr;

"Spurs don't sign star FA's, so might as well not even try and settle with being average. RC let me drink your bath water baby I'll never question a move"
    The great yacht dropping nukes.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA has agreed to extension per Woj

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, let's see the numbers on it before we cut our wrists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone called 3/70 kudos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

touche

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All things considered, not bad. Should be very tradeable unlike Gasol's albatross.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's official.

Thread Information