Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and RC could murder a 60 year old woman on public television Vietnaman War style, and ST posters would find a way to claim its a good move: “they won 60 games, hear them out on why they sprayed her brains all over the street ...”
    "I personally wouldn't have murdered a woman on live television, but I'm sure this is all part of a bigger picture we're not seeing. This is a team that just had back-to-back 60 win seasons after all. CIA Pop and RC know what they're doing. Go Spurs Go!" - Dex

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s fascinating, but also irrelevant to the question I asked: if they were in the hunt for Paul, why do something that — in your opinion — alienated him from coming to SA? Particularly when there was, as you said, a wink-wink deal with Pau for the cap space?

They had Pau opt-out to create room for a guy on whom they had done no due dilligence on?
    Why do you do that? It's clearly relevant to the situation that they needed cap space for Paul. That's why they put LMA and Green on the market. No cap space, no ability to sign Paul, alienated or no. Maybe you're asking why they didn't sell out on Paul, but of course, that would have been silly. Pop had a plan on how he wanted to play this rotation, and it involved multiple PGs. He was going to try to play at least three of Parker, Paul, Patty and PDeJounte.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    2020 Spurs 4th quarter lineup:

40yr old Pau Gasoft
    35yr old Lamarsha Softridge
    34yr old Rudy Gay
    44yr old Manure Ginose
    38yr old Tony Parker

2020 residential Spurstalk fluffers:
    "Yay PATFO! 2025 was the plan anyways! "

PATFO suckers can't this

Zero WCF wins the last three seasons says it all tbh.

det culture setting up los Spurs as the team of the 2020s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless it was for really cheap, I didn't want SA to extend Anderson. He needs to change his at ude, and facing NBA mortality might do that. It's a shame though that if he shows well, Brooklyn may Crabbe him.
    He’s local from NY and popular there. It might even be a dream for him to play for the home crowd. Like Cojo, his home team is a threat. I don’t know what their situation is but the Knicks are also a threat. I wish him well. I think he’ll get paid maybe not by the Spurs but he’s hungry and will likely play well. Spurs will be fine without him obviously. Like JSimms he’s going to be east bound I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6mil less than Millsap per year. And far less than Griffin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PATFO suckers can't this

Zero WCF wins the last three seasons says it all tbh.

det culture setting up los Spurs as the team of the 2020s
    "But we won 60 games! We're still good enough to lose in the conference finals every year!" - PATFO slurpers who Golden State has turned into Mav/Suns fans content with cute RS records

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you do that? It's clearly relevant to the situation that they needed cap space for Paul. That's why they put LMA and Green on the market. No cap space, no ability to sign Paul, alienated or no. Maybe you're asking why they didn't sell out on Paul, but of course, that would have been silly. Pop had a plan on how he wanted to play this rotation, and it involved multiple PGs. He was going to try to play at least three of Parker, Paul, Patty and PDeJounte.
    So the spurs targetted Paul without doing their due dilligence on what it would take to sign him by shopping LMA and compounding that mistake by having Pau opt out? Is that evidence of FO competence or incompetence?

Does the FO look competent or incompetent signing the guy who’s up-in-the-air status was cited as the reason for Paul not coming here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh great, slightly-more-creepy Cubby is posting ...
    Sensitive... You've been fondled, haven't you.
    I don't blame you then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the spurs targetted Paul without doing their due dilligence on what it would take to sign him by shopping LMA and compounding that mistake by having Pau opt out? Is that evidence of FO competence or incompetence?

Does the FO look competent or incompetent signing the guy who’s up-in-the-air status was cited as the reason for Paul not coming here?
    Doesn't matter. LMA got a relatively good deal so all is forgiven about handing out other bad contracts and possibly mismanaging the Paul situation. We're going to win a lot of regular season games, bro!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter. LMA got a relatively good deal so all is forgiven about handing out other bad contracts and possibly mismanaging the Paul situation. We're going to win a lot of regular season games, bro!
    Yeah... only chance they have is for some fortuitous injuries, I think, but stranger things have happened...
    Look at the injuries during the Warriors 1st championship run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno about you, but I’m pretty pumped about hoisting up that SW Division Champs Banner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your move Golden State!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this move effectively closes any shot of a meaningful FA signing over what? The next 2-3 years?

This is the team that is supposed to compete in the west? And people are saying this is a good signing?
    And it pretty much forces them to bring Parker back next summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno about you, but I’m pretty pumped about hoisting up that SW Division Champs Banner.
    I remember how this used to be a thing most of the old timers here would laugh at other franchises about. How ironic that, now that GS has the reigns on the league, this is what the PATFO slurpers point to as a successful season now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Parker comes back and burns out like a meteor in the atmosphere to force this team's hand.
    Nothing left, but a cinder. Jesus... They might still give him a sick contract!

God Dammit!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you tired of all this winnning yet or what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Pau signing is giving us flexibility to make a big trade later! Don't worry about the cap, LMA and DG will opt out anyway!" - PATFO slurpers just a month ago

Can't wait for Danny's loyalty extension next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember how this used to be a thing most of the old timers here would laugh at other franchises about. How ironic that, now that GS has the reigns on the league, this is what the PATFO slurpers point to as a successful season now.
    Meh I think last year was a successful season. There is no move the Spurs could do to catch Golden State short of Green for LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, I can't keep this fest up with ya'll.
    You guys do yeoman's work on here.

It's good that this site is filled with ditch diggers. Fitting, really.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh I think last year was a successful season. There is no move the Spurs could do to catch Golden State short of Green for LeBron.
    Being really good and not winning it all is one thing, but hamstringing the team with bad contracts given out to losers and killing your chances of competing with the teams that matter is what's upsetting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many layups and fadeaways do you think LMA misses over Green if these teams meet in the WCF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $170 MM for Pau, Patty, and LaMarcus.

Let that sink in.
    I already complained all summer about 12:01 Mills and the Gasol overpay. This is the icing on that cake. Lamarcus has a better chance of living up to the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Parker comes back and burns out like a meteor in the atmosphere to force this team's hand.
    Nothing left, but a cinder. Jesus... They might still give him a sick contract!

God Dammit!!!
    They're pretty much forced to though. They're not getting a starting point guard with the $12.5 million or so they'll have under the cap (assuming Green opts out). So expect something like 3 years, $65 million unless Parker can't walk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pau opted out with the idea that he might take less if they could get Paul. He would have been cheaper than LMA, so they could move Aldridge, sign Paul, and run CP3/Simmons/Leonard/Gay/Gasol. In reality, that's worse than they're going to run right now, but eventually, Tony would be back, and you'd have:

Paul, Mills
    Parker, Simmons
    Leonard, Ginobili
    Gay/Lee, Anderson/Bertans
    Gasol, Lauverge or whomever

Pop could finally live his dream of Tony as the starting two-guard. With the exception of Pau, the starting unity would be pretty dynamic offensively. Defensively, with Paul and Kawhi, you hope it still holds up. If they could unearth a new Dedmon, then you could really have something. But it didn't work out, because Paul was more interested in getting a stacked roster, and Houston promised to go after Melo while SA was trying to dump Aldridge. The Rockets just looked more committed to winning.

Thread Information