View Poll Results: If Kawhi does not return this season, should the Spurs offer him the Super-Max?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 51.52%
  • No

48 48.48%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi does not return this season, should the Spurs offer him the Super-Max this summer?

Yes or No. Please post reasons below.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too early to tell. If he doesn't return because he undergoes surgery on doctors recommendation, then maybe there would have been a method to his madness. In which case his actions could be understood if not condoned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way. Kick him in the vagina and tell him his services are no longer required.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too early to tell. If he doesn't return because he undergoes surgery on doctors recommendation, then maybe there would have been a method to his madness. In which case his actions could be understood if not condoned.
    I said no, only because there seems to be this disconnect. After that Wojo article though, I think now more of my ire goes to Kawhi, who seems to be sulking and being difficult.

Then again, he might have a reason for that if the Spurs doctors screwed up in a big way. There just is so much that isn't known here.

Everyone should put their cards out on the table here. If Kawhi isn't happy then let the Spurs get something for him and move him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if he was playing he wouldn't be worth it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We going to loose him for nothing... why not make a trade now?? we can trade for bradley beal and a pick for KL and patty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the poor bas cant even wipe his own ass much less command the supermax

A move like that would be equivalent to giving 50 million to a Tasmanian overweight burger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs might have no choice really.

His value has actually tanked over the past 10 months (serious health concerns, extreme aloofness bordering on the mental, and other shenanigans relating to his camp) that a trade is going to bring a pu pu platter by comparison to a potential a haul in, say, April 2017.. If he refuses to sign it, then the jig is up. At that point, you do it no matter ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We going to loose him for nothing... why not make a trade now?? we can trade for bradley beal and a pick for KL and patty
    What pick? Bradley Beal and a low 1st round pick aren't worth half a Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. You have to offer it to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW Ainge ain't giving you both Tatum and Brown and a high pick for a guy who would have not played a healthy, meaningful basketball game in close to 14 months..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question should be: Should Kawhi ruin his career in San Antonio by signing SuperMax, or should he get help elsewhere?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuk im and his uncle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The relationship is already damaged. I’d wait for him to get healthy at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes they should.

Really hope it doesn’t come to trading him. If it does, I think it’s Phoenix that’s the best candidate. Josh Jackson, their pick (Bagley-Bamba-Ayton) and some cap relief (Patty for Chandler/Dudley) seems like a fair deal for both sides. Still holding out hope that the supermax gets signed and this all blows over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The relationship is already damaged. I’d wait for him to get healthy at this point.
    They can't do that, IMO. They have to offer him the super max and hope he signs it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank the season & trade him. Only win win situation. Trade LeMarcus too, lets tank next year also and come back strong in teo years. 76ers style.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank the season & trade him. Only win win situation. Trade LeMarcus too, lets tank next year also and come back strong in teo years. 76ers style.
    You really trust Drunkford that much? Lmao

You'll most likely end up like the Magic, not the Sixers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can't do that, IMO. They have to offer him the super max and hope he signs it.
    The situation is ed up anyways, you can’t buy someone’s affection.

But on top of the relationship souring, I am more inclined to believe than others are that he’s possibly got some career altering injury and he’s never going to get right or be worth it. That’s some pessimistic take but I don’t see him in this state being worth it.

I would not blame Spurs if they do offer it, nor do I think you are crazy to offer it if you do.. I just have a different view that doesn’t assume he’s going to be back just fine physically. That obviously Assumes I believe his camp that he’s not right.

If he’s malingering, I have real issues with that too. So at this point he’d have to show me he’s healthy and can play a regular schedule with B2B and a heavy load.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The situation is ed up anyways, you can’t buy someone’s affection.

But on top of the relationship souring, I am more inclined to believe than others are that he’s possibly got some career altering injury and he’s never going to get right or be worth it. That’s some pessimistic take but I don’t see him in this state being worth it.

I would not blame Spurs if they do offer it, nor do I think you are crazy to offer it if you do.. I just have a different view that doesn’t assume he’s going to be back just fine physically. That obviously Assumes I believe his camp that he’s not right.

If he’s malingering, I have real issues with that too. So at this point he’d have to show me he’s healthy and can play a regular schedule with B2B and a heavy load.
    Fair enough, I just worry that if they don't offer him the super max then he is gone. It would be heartbreaking to have him come back next year, ball out, and then leave in free agency in the summer of 2017. The risk is worth it in my mind. But I see your point too. It will be interesting to see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know man? You are really taking a huge leap of faith that he is going to return healthy and happy, and be that top three MVP player he was last season. That’s a huge gamble. My gut tells me I would not offer it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough, I just worry that if they don't offer him the super max then he is gone. It would be heartbreaking to have him come back next year, ball out, and then leave in free agency in the summer of 2017. The risk is worth it in my mind. But I see your point too. It will be interesting to see what happens.
    I think there is no guarantee they can offer him the supermax the following year (summer of 2019) unless Kawhi is All NBA again or wins MVP or DPOY next year. So, Kawhi will want it while he still 100% qualifies this summer

Summer will be interesting. Could be a relief. Could be tragic. But it will be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still am not clear why he has not played at all this season? This is one of the strangest stories I have ever heard or seen in all my years watching the NBA. When you need surgery, you get the surgery and there is a timeline for rehabilitation. If you don’t need surgery you rehab and there is again a timeline. He has never had surgery, has been rehabbing and according to reports is told he can play but he just doesn’t want to. I have never heard of anything like that in my life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there is no guarantee they can offer him the supermax the following year (summer of 2019) unless Kawhi is All NBA again or wins MVP or DPOY next year. So, Kawhi will want it while he still 100% qualifies this summer

Summer will be interesting. Could be a relief. Could be tragic. But it will be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said this in other threads but the Blake trade showed me you can unload a supermax on an injury-plagued player if need be. There's always a buyer. It's less risky then seeing him walk for nothing. But then the Holts muight have a different view.

Thread Information