Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Three And Counting ...
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA has had a good preseason let's hope this carries all the way to the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowe pushing his "Opt in, try to be traded" agenda even with the extension

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumors/...arcus-aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not encouraging that Spurs "panicked" too much in last months.

Patty's contract early offseason

LMA extension when he wouldn't get many offers after his poor season

It seems like they misread the market and some off-seasons situations.

Anyway, there is still hope. He said he wanted to be in Portland for life and now he's saying the same about San Antonio...If he just retires in Phoenix...Who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Aldridge is 32, he’s declining, he has absolutely no purpose on a rebuilding team. No reason a rebuilding team or even a middle-of-the-road team would trade for him."
    I doubt there is a market for LMA, Lowe's right.

The same about Pau. People think the team can trade his contract...they won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt there is a market for LMA, Lowe's right.

The same about Pau. People think the team can trade his contract...they won't.
    They didn't extend him in order to trade him, come on. Lowe's been all over the place with his Spurs stuff for a while but even he doesn't suggest it. Same for Pau.

The Spurs CAN trade either, if they want and if they get a good offer, their contracts aren't bad. But they signed them to their deals expecting them to play and contend as best as they can, not as trade chips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't extend him in order to trade him, come on. Lowe's been all over the place with his Spurs stuff for a while but even he doesn't suggest it. Same for Pau.

The Spurs CAN trade either, if they want and if they get a good offer, their contracts aren't bad. But they signed them to their deals expecting them to play and contend as best as they can, not as trade chips.
    The Spurs don't sign players to trade them, we all know that. But if they want ..Like I've I said before, I doubt they get a good offer since LMA's not that young and his game doesn't fit into versatile bigs style.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great deal. 3 and $55 mil is a serious discount in this market. Now he'd better concentrate on his game and show what he's capable of.
    agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It always remains a possibility but not just for Aldridge. The upside of paying guys what they are due like in Mills case, and Pau (and now LMA) is that if the team needs to trade them in the future for whatever reason.... say this core declines and is stuck in purgatory going nowhere in the future, you can trade those guys and not feel like you did them dirty. For example if they needed to trade Patty in the future he already got paid, a good market deal too, so the Spurs don't owe him anything after that contract, or Pau or Lamarcus. They traded Tiago when he couldn't stay healthy and traded Boris when his coasting got to such levels that the team was better off playing Anderson than him. If one of these guys,falls of a cliff or the team cannot longer win with them they will be gone.

To me, the Spurs sought to keep a core together that got to the WCF but they also had other plans that didn't pan out. In the future if something better comes along and they can make it happen any of these guys, if underperforming, can be gone. If it's Aldridge they will say I told you so, but it might just as well be Pau, IMO specially since they were suckered into Paus deal by CP3 and any number if other moves they wanted to make failing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will aldridge lose minutes and get benched going forward over his beef with Ibaka?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is where Kawhi severely injured his quad and sat out a year. Re-signed LA after a terrible performance in the WCF, and then resigned Pau to 3 more years too lol people in the thread knew what was coming...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Aldridge extension has worked out a lot better than expected tbh posted back to back all-star seasons, looks like he is capable of playing at a similar level in the final year of his deal. I was pretty worried when they signed him to that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was never mad at LA, he said multiple times that he thought LA had a good season and has no complaints. Now the Gasol extension might've rubbed him the wrong way, I don't know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was never mad at LA, he said multiple times that he thought LA had a good season and has no complaints. Now the Gasol extension might've rubbed him the wrong way, I don't know
    he only mad patfo continue to hand out loyalty contracts

while the younger guys who came later were getting lowballed contracts or sign somewhere else, when it looked like they had a thing going around kawhi for the future....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Aldridge extension has worked out a lot better than expected tbh posted back to back all-star seasons, looks like he is capable of playing at a similar level in the final year of his deal. I was pretty worried when they signed him to that...
    Problem is he can only play good when he is the primary scorer... We won't past the first round that way as I've said the entire season

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Problem is he can only play good when he is the primary scorer... We won't past the first round that way as I've said the entire season
    What did he need to do that you were saying the entire season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last two seasons we went up against the 2nd seed and lost as the 7th seed. It's reaching to say that that is on him, he dragged them to the playoffs and then they went against better teams and lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet you see LMA add more 3 pointers to his arsenal next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that was when spurs were concerned that kawhi had a chronic situation with his quad and might not be capable of playing like he had been long term? I also think spurs may have tried to test Kawhi and see if he might want to accept less than the super max. I think that was when things fell apart... asking kawhi if he would sign for less while dropping gold nuggets to mills and gasol. And maybe it wasn’t that big of a deal, but perhaps a chance to say nah I’m leaving. I do think Kawhi never cared for the structure in the organization, and that’s not necessarily a slight to anyone but just unfortunate for spurs.

Thread Information