Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop woulda fixed him

I'd be inclined to believe you're more concerned about Anderson sucking than Warren (because god knows you've been nothing but a broken record on Kyle), but you were way too keen to shill a relative nobody like Warren to believe it was going to be the same for just any player, trying to protect the dude's honor like a guy on a message board was some type of threat to him.

Wipe that snot off your face and stand up. The season is about to start, and there's no reason to let something so trivial stick with you all year.
    Too bad Pop couldn't give Fathead a pulse. Maybe he could have actually produced well enough to get that extension.

And, no, sorry, you don't get to claim that I was shilling out for anyone when you were literally staying up all night to defend your silly argument that Fathead was a better player. Nice try, hypocrite.

Damn. Bad analysis, a liar, AND a hypocrite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, this is fundamentally misunderstanding how these stats work. Capela having better stats doesn't make him a better offensive player. Green had a better OBPM than Parker last year. I guess you're going to say now that Tony was a worse offensive player than Danny?
    On the last regular season? Yes. Tony on the last regular season sucked ass, he was a 6 foot guy that couldn't shoot for . Danny for the sole reason of comanding attention when he was standing on the three pt line had a much better impact than Tony, and that's why the numbers reflect it.

All Capela has to do is rebound and dunk, so him being good at those things makes his stats good. But when the Rockets need a bucket, and Clint has the ball against a wing, that ball isn't going in most of the time. That lets you guard him completely differently than it should. Imagine Clint as the second option on an offense. Awful. Wouldn't have to guard him.
    And that's all you need from a bigmen in today's NBA. Somebody that is athletic, sets good screens and doesn't demand the ball on the post.

Numbers show that post ups are the least efficient play in basketball, even a good post up player will be below average in terms of overall efficiency. That's why having post up players is not worth it. So yeah, Capela as a second option wouldn't work, but having Aldridge as a second option doesn't work either if you really want to contend.
    Last edited by DAF86; 10-18-2017 at 01:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Pop couldn't give Fathead a pulse. Maybe he could have actually produced well enough to get that extension.

And, no, sorry, you don't get to claim that I was shilling out for anyone when you were literally staying up all night to defend your silly argument that Fathead was a better player. Nice try, hypocrite.

Damn. Bad analysis, a liar, AND a hypocrite.
    "Staying up all night" meaning looking at one site. No wonder you're bad at using stats if you think that was any work at all.

Seriously, though, this butt-hurt, sniveling character you've become just isn't you, man. I don't know if it's Tho getting to you or LMA staying on. You should be working your way into regular-season shape right now, not sobbing into an empty half-gallon of Blue Bell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the last regular season? Yes. Tony on the last regular season sucked ass, he was a 6 foot guy that couldn't shot for . Danny for the sole reason of comanding attention when he was standing on the three pt line had a much better impact than Tony, and that's why the numbers reflect it.
    Danny in his role was more helpful than Tony in his. But Danny couldn't have done Tony's role, because that required more skills than he had. A straight comparison between them doesn't make sense as a result. And before you get into "I wasn't trying to compare them," cjw was trying to compared LMA's and Gobert's offensive games in a vacuum before you whipped out your stats.

And that's all you need from a bigmen in today's NBA. Somebody that is athletic, sets good screens and doesn't demand the ball on the post.
    Except those aren't the guys that beat the Draymonds and Durants of the world. Those aren't the guys who dominate Game Sixes on the road to close out a WCF and then put on clinics in the Finals. Plenty of teams have guys like you describe: LAC, HOU, Utah are the examples we've been discussing. Those aren't the teams that are pushing GS. Memphis has Gasol and Randolph; the Spurs had LMA; Denver, Jokic; Washington, Morris -- and so on.

Numbers show that post ups are the least efficient play in basketball, even a good post up player will be below average in terms of overall efficiency. That's why having post up players is not worth it.
    The Warriors post up quite a bit as part of their offense. They don't do it to be inefficient; they do it because it forces the defense to scramble and opens guys up. Lazy post-only guys like Jefferson are dying out, but quick-hit, mismatch dependent post-ups are not dying. Plus you have elite post players like Kawhi who are also efficient.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Staying up all night" meaning looking at one site. No wonder you're bad at using stats if you think that was any work at all.

Seriously, though, this butt-hurt, sniveling character you've become just isn't you, man. I don't know if it's Tho getting to you or LMA staying on. You should be working your way into regular-season shape right now, not sobbing into an empty half-gallon of Blue Bell.
    Okay. Let's just pretend your weren't up from 12 to 6 defending Fathead's honor. Not even SAGirl goes that far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay. Let's just pretend your weren't up from 12 to 6 defending Fathead's honor. Not even SAGirl goes that far.
    I might have woken up at one or two that day. I don't remember. I wake up a 3a.m. every day as it is. Me being up at the witching hour posting isn't really weird, provided there's something to talk about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny in his role was more helpful than Tony in his. But Danny couldn't have done Tony's role, because that required more skills than he had. A straight comparison between them doesn't make sense as a result. And before you get into "I wasn't trying to compare them," cjw was trying to compared LMA's and Gobert's offensive games in a vacuum before you whipped out your stats.
    And what good does it do to compare the skills of individual players? Jamal Crawford might have more individual skill than Danny, but I would take Danny 10 times out of 10 in my team to form a championship team. Same with Aldridge and Gobert, in favour of the French.

Except those aren't the guys that beat the Draymonds and Durants of the world. Those aren't the guys who dominate Game Sixes on the road to close out a WCF and then put on clinics in the Finals. Plenty of teams have guys like you describe: LAC, HOU, Utah are the examples we've been discussing. Those aren't the teams that are pushing GS. Memphis has Gasol and Randolph; the Spurs had LMA; Denver, Jokic; Washington, Morris -- and so on.
    The only team that has beaten the Warriors in the last three season have been the Cavs, playing Tristan Thompson as the only traditional big.

The Warriors post up quite a bit as part of their offense. They don't do it to be inefficient; they do it because it forces the defense to scramble and opens guys up. Lazy post-only guys like Jefferson are dying out, but quick-hit, mismatch dependent post-ups are not dying. Plus you have elite post players like Kawhi who are also efficient.
    Well, Aldridge isn't a big fan of all those fancy, tricky post ups play, nor he is a good passer off the block. So again, not worth having him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what good does it do to compare the skills of individual players? Jamal Crawford might have more individual skill than Danny, but I would take Danny 10 times out of 10 in my team to form a championship team. Same with Aldridge and Gobert, in favour of the French.
    That's not the point, though. Crawford is still a better offensive player than Green is. Green is more useful, sure. But that's a different argument.

The only team that has beaten the Warriors in the last three season have been the Cavs, playing Tristan Thompson as the only traditional big.
    We're in a world with Love isn't a traditional big anymore.

Well, Aldridge isn't a big fan of all those fancy, tricky post ups play, nor he is a good passer off the block. So again, not worth having him.
    Guess you didn't watch the pre-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You will be missed JSimms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not the point, though. Crawford is still a better offensive player than Green is. Green is more useful, sure. But that's a different argument.
    If you are talented but your style of play is so inefficient that a 3 and D guy ends up being more useful for an offense than you, are you really a better offensive player?

Anyways, my argument was never "who the better offensive player is". My argument has always been "who's more useful to win games".

We're in a world with Love isn't a traditional big anymore.
    How many Love's post ups do you remember? In fact, how many minutes did Love even play that series?

Guess you didn't watch the pre-season.
    Nop, couldn't watch much. Either way: pre-season. I would wait to make a judgement but I hope, for the good of the Spurs, that Aldridge can become an efficient player.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the Cavs got destroyed last year, and the Thunder with two bigs took the Warriors to the limit in 2016. I don't think there's enough data to say that two bigs can't work against the Warriors. I will admit that Pau as one of those bigs is a recipe for failure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the Cavs got destroyed last year, and the Thunder with two bigs took the Warriors to the limit in 2016. I don't think there's enough data to say that two bigs can't work against the Warriors. I will admit that Pau as one of those bigs is a recipe for failure.
    The Thunder played most of that series with either Ibaka or Adams as the only big. And neither of them demands touches on the post.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Just calling a dumbass a dumbass.
    Lol hi pot. You have no logical take, then you name call... quick post check and edit... lolololol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol hi pot. You have no logical take, then you name call... quick post check and edit... lolololol
    Serious question - are you on drugs? Maybe a tail of anti-depressants and stimulants? They don't seem to be mixing well, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question - are you on drugs? Maybe a tail of anti-depressants and stimulants? They don't seem to be mixing well, tbh.
    And there you go... i called it. Lol youre sad man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to take that as a yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever hopes one had of the Spurs being serious contenders officially ended with these signings.
    Leonard is looking at a career of nice numbers, but no more rings.
    You might say the wheels fell off when TD retired, and that's that.
    But the wheels ing vaporized into sub-atomic mist with the signing of these 2 turds.

Got simulator crew?

Thread Information