My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8000161.html

A journalist and author has recalled a story about how Donald Trump once tried to convince him that he owned an original Renoir painting.

Years ago Tim O'Brien, who wrote the explosive book TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald, accompanied the then-business mogul on his private jet for an interview.

Speaking to Vanity Fair podcast 'Inside the Hive with Nick Bilton'. O'Brien explained how the plane was ornate as you would imagine.

On one wall he spotted a painting of two young girls, one in an orange hat and the other with a floral bonnet, in the impressionistic style of Renoir.

O'Brien asked Trump about the painting: "Was it an original?" Trump said it was. O'Brien disagreed, and Trump protested: Yes, it was an original.

"Donald, it's not," O'Brien said. "I grew up in Chicago, that Renoir is called Two Sisters on the Terrace and it's hanging on a wall at the Art Ins ute of Chicago. That's not an original."

Trump apparently did not agree but O'Brien dropped the subject and continued the interview, thinking it would not be discussed again.

However, boarding the jet again to return to New York City, O'Brien says Trump pointed to the painting again.

As though the previous conversation had never happened, he reportedly said: "You know, that's original Renoir." O'Brien chose not to respond.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media loves their fictional accounts for the support of idiots like the OP.

Thread Information