Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan era is over. No one wants to see a cuck coach the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi and Tony can't be bothered to show up, why should anyone else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was there as well, bro your not gonna convince these dumb asses. I am sure that we have been to more Spurs game at AT&T than all of these gots, but they watched the game on TV, so they know better
    I was also there and it was packed all game. The top row was all full. It was a good game that went down to the last minute against a good Minny team.

That being said the Trump supporters booed the diversity message played on the screens after the national anthem, even though nobody knelt and everyone was super respectful. But what do you expect from Texas, theres still a ton of racism probably one of the most racist places in the country still and forever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its those trump supporters boycotting the game
    Yep. Pop just had to open his big yapper and polarize an entire fan base.
    Before the national anthem, Tim and David joined arms with Pop and the entire team in a show of solidarity while a message in support of freedom of speech, support of diversity in our communities, and in support of our military was shown on the the overhead Jumbotron screens. The sold-out house went crazy. Anyone saying anything any different wasn't there. I especially liked the "Pop For President" t-shirts a lot of families were wearing. If anyone doubts this I suggest you get on your phone and try to buy season tickets. For $100 you can be added on a waiting list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was also there and it was packed all game. The top row was all full. It was a good game that went down to the last minute against a good Minny team.

That being said the Trump supporters booed the diversity message played on the screens after the national anthem, even though nobody knelt and everyone was super respectful. But what do you expect from Texas, theres still a ton of racism probably one of the most racist places in the country still and forever
    Agree on the comments about racism in Texas, but I didn't hear any booing at the message supporting diversity. In a sold-out house of 20,000 people there might have been, but they would be in a minority. Pop made himself extremely clear and and the team, Tim, David, and seemingly everyone near me were with him. I sit near the bench and it was as loud as I've heard the crowd in cheers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree on the comments about racism in Texas, but I didn't hear any booing at the message supporting diversity. In a sold-out house of 20,000 people there might have been, but they would be in a minority. Pop made himself extremely clear and and the team, Tim, David, and seemingly everyone near me were with him. I sit near the bench and it was as loud as I've heard the crowd in cheers.
    Super box 2. Lots of booing all around me as the first part of the message played on the screens. But at the end of the message they got drowned out by the thunderous whole stadium cheering.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I always find it kinda funny when posters who dont live in or have never been to SA say they would go to games all the time if they lived here. like if you had to drive to the ghetto east side and go through the horrendous traffic and have to wait an hour to get out of the parking lot you wouldnt want to all the time tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super box 2. Lots of booing all around me as the first part of the message played on the screens. But at the end of the message they got drowned out by the thunderous whole stadium cheering.
    Right on! Nice seats too! Yeah that message was on point and hard to argue with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always find it kinda funny when posters who dont live in or have never been to SA say they would go to games all the time if they lived here. like if you had to drive to the ghetto east side and go through the horrendous traffic and have to wait an hour to get out of the parking lot you wouldnt want to all the time tbh
    Was about to say. I really can't compare the AT&T to other stadiums... but it is in a horrid location with no easy access in or out. The traffic alone is enough to keep me away. And it isn't like there is any form of public transit here. That said, I still try to make it to one or two games a season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was there as well, bro your not gonna convince these dumb asses. I am sure that we have been to more Spurs game at AT&T than all of these gots, but they watched the game on TV, so they know better
    Actually, you DO NEED to tell us this stuff because some of us aren't in the country to know any of that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yawn. People been complaining about the perceived attendance for years. Just because no one is in seat doesn't meant ticket wasn't sold. A lot of the lower bowl are season tickets that have been sold out for years. Rich people don't go to all the games. Or they make an appearance and leave.

Also, I've yet to meet a real Spurs fan that are making any changes due to Pop's comments about Trump. Most people you hear about or that are very vocal on social media are actually Trump fans that kinda knew about there being a basketball team in San Antonio but never really supported Spurs (I.e attended or even watched games, bought merch, etc) anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another cancer thread

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The expensive sets are mostly empty every game and it has been that way for years now. I hate it. I wish they would let regular fans fill up courtside when the 1%ers don't show up.
    Nobody wants to see riff raff on TV, and people with successful careers who pay top dollar for great seats don't wanna sit next to people with minimum wage jobs. Empty seats are much more preferable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its those trump supporters boycotting the game
    Can't be very many of those left tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can't believe they built it in the goddamn hood. With the exception of Alamo Heights, the moneyed class lives 30 minutes+ from the arena.

Scary to think what it'll look like when the real lean years come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The expensive sets are mostly empty every game and it has been that way for years now. I hate it. I wish they would let regular fans fill up courtside when the 1%ers don't show up.
    You can blame that on the design of the ATT. Lower seats have corporate hospitality suites behind them with food, wet bars, and giant flat screens. Seats are empty but the people are there. Plus lower level has saddles and spurs bar with flat screens all over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, you DO NEED to tell us this stuff because some of us aren't in the country to know any of that .
    I've been to plenty of games at the AT&T Center and other arenas, tbh... This thing with the AT&T Center hasn't been going on for that long, but it's really noticeable these days... And yeah, people might be stuck on the Whataburger line, but that says more about the fans than anything, tbh...

The beat the traffic thing is pretty common everywhere, but on close games it's not that ridiculous, IMO.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can blame that on the design of the ATT. Lower seats have corporate hospitality suites behind them with food, wet bars, and giant flat screens. Seats are empty but the people are there. Plus lower level has saddles and spurs bar with flat screens all over.
    Something player fans would never know.
    apalisoc_9

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been to plenty of games at the AT&T Center and other arenas, tbh... This thing with the AT&T Center hasn't been going on for that long, but it's really noticeable these days... And yeah, people might be stuck on the Whataburger line, but that says more about the fans than anything, tbh...

The beat the traffic thing is pretty common everywhere, but on close games it's not that ridiculous, IMO.
    Thanks for that ElNono.

That was also a point of mine that I raised before - You don't need to be eating during a Spurs game. You can eat before or after. If you can't wait that long, then I don't know what to say. I wouldn't be leaving my seat (if I had a good one like those empty ones) in the middle of the game unless I really needed to go to the toilet.

And yeah, I don't buy the leaving early thing either. People have jobs in other cities too that some may have to get up earlier for the next day, and they don't seem to leave early in close games. I can understand leaving early if the score is out of hand and you have to get up early the next day for work, but I don't see the point of doing it in a close game where the game is not decided. If you're going to do that, then why did you even bother to go to the game in the first place?

I still think a lot of Spurs fans in San Antonio aren't appreciating what they have and are pissing it away.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for that ElNono.

That was also a point of mine that I raised before - You don't need to be eating during a Spurs game. You can eat before or after. If you can't wait that long, then I don't know what to say. I wouldn't be leaving my seat (if I had a good one like those empty ones) in the middle of the game unless I really needed to go to the toilet.

And yeah, I don't buy the leaving early thing either. People have jobs in other cities too that some may have to get up earlier for the next day, and they don't seem to leave early in close games. I can understand leaving early if the score is out of hand and you have to get up early the next day for work, but I don't see the point of doing it in a close game where the game is not decided. If you're going to do that, then why did you even bother to go to the game in the first place?

I still think a lot of Spurs fans in San Antonio aren't appreciating what they have and are pissing it away.
    +1,000,000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t bother me at all what Pop says tbh and I’m a Trump supporter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for that ElNono.

Absolutely true.

And as far as not appreciating what they have, that applies to much of ST too. Best organisation in sports, yet so many so on here unhappy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watch all the hateful posts on this site from "fans" who can't find it within their tiny brains to realize that the Spurs are a team first group every year and we need to show them some love, not all this over the top ing and moaning against individual Spurs, coaches, FO. and owners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watch all the hateful posts on this site from "fans" who can't find it within their tiny brains to realize that the Spurs are a team first group every year and we need to show them some love, not all this over the top ing and moaning against individual Spurs, coaches, FO. and owners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right on

Thread Information